Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2014 Trade Deadline

Default 2014 Trade Deadline

Boes to Portland for the Rights to Shane McColgan, Steven Aldridge and a 2nd Round Bantam Pick 2014

So in total, we traded (D) Clague for (G) Skinner, (F) Alldridge, (F) McColgan, and a 2nd rounder...

Back to the place where it all began. Been waiting for this announcement all week!

Sure its the First of many trades before tomorrow..
    I would imagine that up for grabs would be:
    Wong
    Maxwell - Traded to Seattle
    Ramsay
    Sheen
    Derko? (I heard that his injury may be a season ender though)
    Walters
    Bell
    Erkamps (Another name I have heard being discussed, but not sure how much I beleive it)

I would think untouchable would be:
    Estephan
    Duke
    Watson

Everyone else would probably fall into if the right offer comes along group.

Current Upcoming 20 YO would be
    Maxwell
    Sheen
    Walters
    Bell

I would think that its highly unlikely that McColgan reports, unless his agent thinks he is going to be playing 1st line minutes so he can get a look by a pro team.
    Last edited by lethbridgefan83; 01-09-2014 at 03:38 PM.

Default Uuuuumh

Who is going to play in goal for the Canes? Do we bring Tai back? Another trade for a goalie yet to happen? Is Hogue really a WHL caliber goalie (NO)? Who would be his back-up?
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.

Default wow..........

BR got a good return for boes to say the least..finally we don't have to hear the whining about how clague was given away for free.....
    GO CANES GO.................

Russ Maxwell to Seattle for '93 (F) Seth Swenson, '96 (F) Michael Holub, & 4th round pick in 2014.

Meanwhile, Seattle now has 4 19yr old Former Canes...

Goodluck to Maxy in Seattle.

Default Maxwell to Seattle

Hurricanes trade Russell Maxwell to Seattle for Seth Swenson, Michael Holub and a 4th round pick.

So its not enough to have players leave the team, now Robson is trading for players that have walked out their teams, this really does nothing to address the leadership issues. Both Mclogan and Holub have quit already this year. It appears Robson is taking whom ever off the scrap heap to help other teams clear roster spots.

Robson has picked up two draft picks for Boes and Maxwell, none of the other players will have any sort of impact here, should any of them even report. Swenson may take up a roster spot for the rest of the season but Alldrige? Robson will say he is a late bloomer yadda yadda yadda, tell lies about how good of a player Holub is....

I think both of these trades are decent return for the two players, but I hope most see it, and Robson admits it, that the 2nd and 4th round picks are the only thing of any value that the team got.

Default and i hope people see..........

that we traded an average 20 years old goalie, and a 5'8 19year old that wont be back next year...I love russ but he aint conner rankin...and as for the new kids coming in i'm happy that robson pick these kids up and see if they develop or not, it gotta be tough to crack portlands/ seattle lineup...look at yak/sam there the checking line..the one thing I wish for is that they would take some of the high pick and couple them up with a older player and bring in younger PROVEN TALENT so we don't have to find out 3 years down the road their drafting skills haven't improved much.....
    GO CANES GO.................