Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Job Opening - Calgary Hitmen

Hybrid View

Post Job Opening - Calgary Hitmen

Job Opening, Play by Play / Public Relations Manager - Calgary Hitmen
    Created: Jul 27, 2005
    The Calgary Hitmen Hockey Club is seeking an experienced individual to be our radio play by play announcer and to hold the dual role as our Public Relations Manager.

The job responsibilities would include the following:

Media Relations
    Coordinate all special events
    Organize player appearances and community events
    Handle Donation/Request letters
    Volunteer Coordinator
    Hitmen Web Site
    Hitmen Kids Club
    Hitmen Booster Club liaison
    Game Day Notes
    Radio Play by Play

What has happened to Mark Stiles?

Default Calgary Job

Wow, what a plate full. Thats a job and a half.

Scout

Default Plate Full? No Kidding!

might as well have put in:

Operating the Zamboni
    Working the Concession
    Driving the Bus
    "It's clobberin' time..."

iamcdn Guest

I'm sure those jobs are to be designated by the person hired for the job.
    It is not humanly possible to take care of game day operations AND do play-by-play at the same time. I sure hope that's what Calgary was thinking, because "Game Day Operations Manager" is a heavy load with just that title.

EDIT: I was thinking game day operations, but it actually read special events. However, there are still many aspects in game day ops that were listed in that job description.

Thanks for coming out Mark Stiles.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Vulk
    A lot of these jobs used to be done by Charla Odgers when she was with the Hitmen. A replacement was hired to replace Charla until she came back from maternity leave and seemed unable to maintain Charla's pace. Their contract was not renewed after the year was up.

Charla elected not to return to the Hitmen. I don't believe the Hitmen ever truly appreciated how hard Charla worked for them and how much she actually did until she left.

Now it appears they have tried to add her duties to Mark. Is it possible he told them to stuff it?

Unhappy

Well, with the Calgary Flames back on the ice this year, the number of games that will be needed a radio play-by-play will be once more very limited.

(Still wondering about the web-casting thou.)

The Hitmen (and the Flames) never realized what a valuable person Charla was to the organization, and the fans.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Vulk
    Well, with the Calgary Flames back on the ice this year, the number of games that will be needed a radio play-by-play will be once more very limited.

(Still wondering about the web-casting thou.)

The Hitmen (and the Flames) never realized what a valuable person Charla was to the organization, and the fans.
    I'm not sure that very limited would be correct. It seems that pre-strike we got the majority of games broadcast. It was only those nights that conflicted, that we lost out. My guess would have been about 20 games at most. However I have been know to be wrong before.

By the way. Does anyone know where Mark has gone or what he is doing?

Couldn't agree more in regards to Charla. A huge asset to the organization that went largely unrecognized. I'm not sure where she is now but I hope they appreciate her.
    Last edited by Ergo; 08-02-2005 at 11:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ergo
    Couldn't agree more in regards to Charla. A huge asset to the organization that went largely unrecognized. I'm not sure where she is now but I hope they appreciate her.
    Not a 100% certain but I believe she is the head of the marketing department for the AJHL.