Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Job Opening - Calgary Hitmen

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Hitmen1
    Not a 100% certain but I believe she is the head of the marketing department for the AJHL.
    That she is.

According to http://www.ajhl.ca/

Marketing:
    Charla Odgers
    Phone/Fax: 403 257-9532
    marketing@ajhl.ca

Quote Originally Posted by The_Vulk
    Well, with the Calgary Flames back on the ice this year, the number of games that will be needed a radio play-by-play will be once more very limited.
    Just did a quick check of the Hitmen and Flames schedules. The are 21 dates were the two teams are playing on the same day.

One of those is definitely not a conflict as the Flames game is 2:00pm and the Hitmen game would be in the evening. The other is a possible non conflict as the Flames game is a 1:00pm start the Hitmen game could be an evening game or an afternnon game.

So I would say that a potential 51 possibly 53 broadcasts is much more than a limited amount of games. It seems to me that is about what we had for all nine of the seasons pre-strike.
    Last edited by Ergo; 08-03-2005 at 10:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ergo
    ...So I would say that a potential 51 possibly 53 broadcasts is much more than a limited amount of games.
    But not all were broadcast. (We had baseball. :burningma )

According to the frig magnets:
    2003-04: 46
    2002-03: 43
    2001-02: 48

But since we are at the home games, I'd only count the road broadcasts, as they are the ones we'd be missing the games to.

2003-04: 20
    2002-03: 17
    2001-02: 22

Quote Originally Posted by The_Vulk
    But not all were broadcast. (We had baseball. :burningma )

According to the frig magnets:
    2003-04: 46
    2002-03: 43
    2001-02: 48

But since we are at the home games, I'd only count the road broadcasts, as they are the ones we'd be missing the games to.

2003-04: 20
    2002-03: 17
    2001-02: 22
    You can't just choose to eliminate the home games just because YOU are there and don't listen.

As you state according to the fridge magnets 2003-04: 46, 2002-03: 43, 2001-02: 48 that is more than 50 percent. That's hardly "very limited".

Hittman Guest

Default Broadcasts

Almost a week now since anyone has had anything to say on this......

It's been brought up a couple of times, and no ones had an answer, but I'll try again. What happened to Mark Stiles? He's still on the team and station websites, not sure if that means anything, but no one seems to know anything about what's up with him. Fired, quit, different title with the team?

How about the new broadcaster+PR guy? Anyone hear any rumours out there as to who their hire may be or if they found their man yet?

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Hittman

It's been brought up a couple of times, and no ones had an answer, but I'll try again. What happened to Mark Stiles?
    Don't know.

Have not heard any rumours.

If he did leave the Organization voluntarily or forced out, it would be improper for that Organization to be giving out reasons, etc.

Just that they have an opening, here are the job specifics/requirements, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Hittman

It's been brought up a couple of times, and no ones had an answer, but I'll try again. What happened to Mark Stiles? He's still on the team and station websites, not sure if that means anything, but no one seems to know anything about what's up with him. Fired, quit, different title with the team?

How about the new broadcaster+PR guy? Anyone hear any rumours out there as to who their hire may be or if they found their man yet?
    I wouldn't bother with the Hitmen website. It has always been out of date. I don't believe it is a very high priority item with the organization. It seems that someone sold them on the idea that they had to have one but they really don't have a clue what to do with it.

Mind you the organization as a whole is extremely poorly run and has gotten a whole lot worse since Charla left.

However I would still very much like to know what happened to Mark and where he has gone, if only to wish him the best of luck in his new job whatever that may be.

Quote Originally Posted by Ergo
    However I would still very much like to know what happened to Mark and where he has gone, if only to wish him the best of luck in his new job whatever that may be.
    I sent an email tonight to see what is up with Mark. Hopefully I will hear something. Has anyone else heard anything?

Here is is the response I got from the Hitmen.

Mike,
    Mark Stiles has moved down the hall and joined the Calgary Flames
    marketing department. He will have a role in the broadcasting of Flames
    PPV games.
    As for the Hitmen we will be announcing a new play-by-play voice within
    the next couple of days.
    Regards,
    The Calgary Hitmen Hockey Club

Best of luck to Mark with his new job!

Quote Originally Posted by Hitmen1
    Here is is the response I got from the Hitmen.

Mike,
    Mark Stiles has moved down the hall and joined the Calgary Flames
    marketing department. He will have a role in the broadcasting of Flames
    PPV games.
    As for the Hitmen we will be announcing a new play-by-play voice within
    the next couple of days.
    Regards,
    The Calgary Hitmen Hockey Club

Best of luck to Mark with his new job!
    Ahhhh at last an answer. Thank you very much for letting us know.

All the best to Mark hopefully we'll see him once in while at the 'Dome.

Looking forward to seeing who the NEW voice of the Hitmen will be.