Thread: Major changes needed

Angry Major changes needed

Warriors have taken a big step backwards in this rebuild. Now next year becomes year one as hopefully a lot of these under achievers will be gone. Miller and the scouting staff screwed this up big time. Poor drafts (96) lousy 20 yr old moves this year and some terrible additions (cooke) should have them on a short leash next year if they dont get canned at the end of the year.
    GO WARRIORS GO

I think there are some pieces there.

Goaltending is secure (and that is a big one.)

There are some decent returnees on D. Valentine, Johnson and Sleptson. If MJ could upgrade on a serviceable 20, there are 4 D that can eat some time.

At forward, Eberle and Rodewald will be productive 20's add in Point, White and I think Gore will be better next year. That is 2 lines that will have some impact.

They are still 3 years away, but should be improved next year.

Quote Originally Posted by witness View Post
    I think there are some pieces there.

Goaltending is secure (and that is a big one.)

There are some decent returnees on D. Valentine, Johnson and Sleptson. If MJ could upgrade on a serviceable 20, there are 4 D that can eat some time.

At forward, Eberle and Rodewald will be productive 20's add in Point, White and I think Gore will be better next year. That is 2 lines that will have some impact.

They are still 3 years away, but should be improved next year.
    I agree thats about all we have plus Howden and maybe 1 or 2 other 16's. Paulic will have to be better than this year pretty inconsistent from game to game
    GO WARRIORS GO

You are forgetting Halbgewachs. I know he is on the small side, but I have watched him play with the Pat Canadians and he is head and shoulders above the other players in that league. He has an upside for sure.

Then there is Howden and Bowen that will come in next year to bolster the forwards. What about Gardiner? I heard he was going the college route. If he would report he would help out on the backend.

Don't forget that next year PA and SC will be hitting their rebuilding year. Saskatoon will be rebuilding for the next 3. Brandon will be good. I am not sure where the Pats will be (we thought this year would be a struggle).

Default Habglewachs

I am unsure of what games you would consider him to "heads and tails" above anyone else in this league.

Being a small player he will need to elevate his game immensely and become more dynamic, he is a perimeter player in Midget AAA with only average skating ability.

He is no Point that is for sure and although Point is a decent player he has not had the success I am sure he would like to be having, given the team MJ has and what they are projected to have, I am not sure Habglewachs sticks with the team next year.

He may be better off transitioning in the SJHL and I don't think he will find much success there either.

Quote Originally Posted by Hkyguy View Post
    I am unsure of what games you would consider him to "heads and tails" above anyone else in this league.

Being a small player he will need to elevate his game immensely and become more dynamic, he is a perimeter player in Midget AAA with only average skating ability.

He is no Point that is for sure and although Point is a decent player he has not had the success I am sure he would like to be having, given the team MJ has and what they are projected to have, I am not sure Habglewachs sticks with the team next year.

He may be better off transitioning in the SJHL and I don't think he will find much success there either.
    he may be a 4th liner in the WHL at best . another screw up by Millar and the scouts
    GO WARRIORS GO

Iconwhl

Quote Originally Posted by witness View Post
    You are forgetting Halbgewachs. I know he is on the small side, but I have watched him play with the Pat Canadians and he is head and shoulders above the other players in that league. He has an upside for sure.
    I went to 1 Pat Canadians game this season and I know its hard to judge off 1 game alone but he is just too small to be effective in the WHL game. The games he was called up for against the Pats he didn't look like he belonged at all.

Lets remember he is 16yrs old so he should be dominating the midget ranks as other top prospects of the WHL in midget are usually 15 and playing in the WHL as 16yr olds which he was not... I personally don't see him making much of an impact with the Warriors til he is at least 18 maybe even 19 if they keep him on their 50PL that long. There was all kinds of hype when the Warriors traded for him but im thinking from a Kamloops perspective they were prob laughing thinking they finally got someone to take him off their hands.