Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Pats vs Raiders + The final Weekend

Default Pats vs Raiders + The final Weekend

I really expect to see a good game and Pats win tonight. Missing some big pieces in Burroughs, Williams, and Wapple really sucks at this point. We need to soldier on and get the job done. We need everybody pulling hard for a full 60 minutes, staying focused and disciplined.

MJ may be the hottest team in the League right now. They have kicked some butt lately including PA last night. They are really hot!

I see Alison Geisinger won the Ultimate Fan contest and a trip to the Memorial Cup. Congrats to her as she is very deserving winner and fun to watch.
    Last edited by chopper; 03-12-2014 at 11:43 AM. Reason: Incomplete

Quote Originally Posted by chopper View Post
    I really expect to see a good game and Pats win tonight. Missing some big pieces in Burroughs, Williams, and Wapple really sucks at this point. We need to soldier on and get the job done. We need everybody pulling hard for a full 60 minutes, staying focused and disciplined.

MJ may be the hottest team in the League right now. They have kicked some butt lately including PA last night. They are really hot!

I see Alison Geisinger won the Ultimate Fan contest and a trip to the Memorial Cup. Congrats to her as she is very deserving winner and fun to watch.
    Go Pats!!!!
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Iconwhl

Wouldn't it be nice if after tonight we have 1st place all locked up, a Pats & Blades win (in regulation) would put an end to all this talk of SC catching us for 1st in the division (2nd in conf). PA coming off a big loss last night to MJ I'm sure they will be hungary for a win tonight as their season could be determined tonight as well or at least make it more difficult on them.

Young McBride isn't getting the call tonight for the Raiders. This kid is going to be a gem between the pipes for the Raiders for years to come.

Iconwhl

Well as a Regina Pats fan we couldn't of asked for a better effort tonight, the effort was there thru the entire lineup all game long. Yes PA scored early with Valcourt & Draisaitl dominating using there size to their advantage, really was the only line who did anything for PA tonight.

Too bad Saskatoon couldn't of held onto there 4-1 lead very early in the 2nd period instead they watched SC score 4 straight in the 2nd period & eventually gave SC the lead before tieing it back up but ultimately lost in regulation still with a goal scored 21secs left. Maybe is Stoon would of played Trombley they could of won that game for us (basterds!!!!)

I thought Hansen played outstanding on the backend tonight I think the coaching staff has to really consider using him as a Dman come playoff time give us some more size back there to handle some bigger forwards. Hansen is turning into quite the player, sure he isn't going to wow you will skill but he plays a simple game and does many things right.

I really like how Wagner has been playing lately, he has noticeable again tonight in the shift he did get. He even got a good scoring chance in the 3rd period as well. To me he is that player that come playoff time could be abit of a difference maker, if a player in the top 9 forwards isn't going Wagner is capable of playing more minutes without hurting us. Plus the guy just loves to hit & with his size 6'2 180 he can be a handful & was for some of the Raider Dmen tonight.

MacAuley was outstanding tonight as well he made a handful of very big saves for us something you need from your goalie each and every game. If he continues with this play even when Wapple is healthy it will be tough choice for the coaching staff on who to go with but also knowing that if 1 is faulting you have someone waiting who can make in impact as well. I know a lot of us have been hard on him at times this season (myself included) I know he wouldn't be worth a 20yr old goalie to us next season but does another team who may be very weak in the crease ask about him for next season as a temporary fix for a season....maybe LETH, possibly SPO or MH (as I doubt Scheinder will be ready for the #1 job & Langhamer cant be back as my understanding its the last season for euro goalies in the CHL plus he 20). I can really see us going with Wapple & Fuhr next season and give Chapman tons of minutes in Midget AAA

Anyways solid effort, nice to see our forecheck being relentless in pressing the defense into mistake.

Iconwhl

Also quick question, I thought 16yrs had to play a min of 40 games during the season if they were to be in the WHL I see Reagan has only played 26 games. Is there a league fine or something if they don't meet the quota of min games for 16yr olds? I could be wrong about the min number of games they must appear in....

Euro goalies can play till their junior eligibility runs out. Good game tonite, I just have one comment and that is chandler Stephenson better start skating or he'll be back in regina next year. He only skates 1/4 of the time, dreistel beat him all nite to the puck because he was dogging it. Chandler is a great player but he could be elite if put his head into it.

It was I that asked Chad Lang and he told me that a 16 needed to play 40 games. I assume there are adjustments for injury or illness time. Don't know the consequences for not playing the 40 games.
    You are right the whole line up played well and PA seemed to deflate as the game progressed.
    On MacAuley. I have supported him all season and he has regained the form he had in November. He and Wapple will be a great pair going into the playoffs , as you say if one falters the other can step in and there is no dip in the level of play. MacAuley's long playoff run last year may help him prepare for the playoffs this year and may help in the room as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Bighat View Post
    Good game tonite, I just have one comment and that is chandler Stephenson better start skating or he'll be back in regina next year. He only skates 1/4 of the time, dreistel beat him all nite to the puck because he was dogging it. Chandler is a great player but he could be elite if put his head into it.
    Had to work tonight. Was able to listen to the whole game though. Sounded like a bad one to miss.

I have said this about Stephenson most of the season. He sometimes just stands around and watches the play unfold in front of him. Sure, good players do this often, but he often does it allowing the other team to create a play. The only thing that makes it less hard to watch is when he has the puck on his stick. He does make good defensive plays and seconds efforts, but the lack of effort as the other team skates past you and breaks into your zone...that's tiring.

Not to be a jerk, but I hope Stephenson has a TERRIBLE NHL camp this fall... Seeing him back in a Pats uniform next season would be quite pleasant.

There wasn't much to not like about the game. The Pats played they way they need to and I fully expect they will do so again tomorrow night.

The defence played really well considering they are missing two big cogs. I noticed that the big horses kept PA from the front of our net quite a bit. Hanson played like a natural there. It makes a person wonder if this might not be an even better option for him. Wagner played like a power forward last night and if he puts on 15 pounds, he will be a load.

Stephenson is a very good player but could be even more if he did a few things better. With his work on the PK I am inclined to give him a pass on any deficiencies last night. He played on his regular shift, was on for 3 pp's, and was on for 6 pk's. With Hanson on the back end the PK changed up a somewhat. He had a heavy workload last night.

I thought the guys played quite disciplined and I was dismayed over some of the calls and non calls. Montsion is a Pat hater from way back and I hope we don't see him in the playoffs. That was real good full game effort.

if theres a team to spoil a regina party, it is Brandon. They also aren't guaranteed a playoff spot, so everyone will be all in.

What is the status on the 2 dmen and Wapple as far as playoffs goes? And do we need one or two points? I know we have more wins and better GF/GA, but they won the season series and got less SO wins.