Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Pats sprinting down the home stretch....

Default No kidding

Quote Originally Posted by Bighat View Post
    Swift current aren't going away easy.
    Down 3-1 with 7 minutes left or something like that and they pull a rabbit out of the hat. Kept checking the WHL site off and on and thought I was misreading it. The Broncos are a handful. The Pats are a big handful. And Brandon another handful. Maybe the division isn't as lame as its stats. And whats up with P.A.? 9 goals tonight? Gonna be interesting.

I think SC has it honestly. I see us being lucky if they lose two of their last 5 games(mjx2, leth, toon, and red deer). They got over their big hurdle here, and we face a likely pissed off Edmonton team tmrw, which was a tough enough prospect already.

We also get Brandon back to back and they've been a spoiler team for as long as I can remember regardless who they got or who we got.

Cal or Edm have 1st and 3rd, and Med Hat has 4th wrapped up. Youd think us or swift have 2nd or 5th with Kootenay faltering to 6th and then Brandon will face the division leader. I guess it isn't right to complain about things being ideal considering how often this franchise has made the playoffs the last few years.

Quote Originally Posted by Some_Arrogant_Jerk View Post
    I think SC has it honestly. I see us being lucky if they lose two of their last 5 games(mjx2, leth, toon, and red deer). They got over their big hurdle here, and we face a likely pissed off Edmonton team tmrw, which was a tough enough prospect already.

We also get Brandon back to back and they've been a spoiler team for as long as I can remember regardless who they got or who we got.

Cal or Edm have 1st and 3rd, and Med Hat has 4th wrapped up. Youd think us or swift have 2nd or 5th with Kootenay faltering to 6th and then Brandon will face the division leader. I guess it isn't right to complain about things being ideal considering how often this franchise has made the playoffs the last few years.
    Seems to me Toon Town has had the Broncos number lately, at least enough to make it tough (and I have a soft spot for the Blades this year - I just really admire Struch). Something isn't quite right in Edmonton and I think the Hitmen win the conference easily. Never been a fan of Edmonton's Coach and I do like Williamson in Calgary. Every time I hear Laxdal after a loss its always about his team sucking, choking, mailing it in, etc. He's thrown more of his own people under the bus than Don Cherry. Not once have I heard him give credit to another team.
    Edmonton plays a patient game and aren't nearly as skilled as the Pats. Seriously. It's a mind game. As for Brandon that one is a problem. They are just as likely to go on a tear and beat everybody. Interesting indeed.

Iconwhl

Wasn't expecting SC to beat EDM tonight at all & not what the Pats wanted at all, the Pats will have their hands full tomorrow night now as EDM donlose 2 in a row often. We are getting Leier & Hunt back so hopefully that will help & give us some much needed energy to start the game & with alittle luck maybe jump out to an early lead.

If the boys want 1st place bad enough they just gotta remember the cards are in their hand first its up to them to do something with them. That's win 4 games of our final 6 games. Not an easy task especially with who we play but it can be done, let's start tomorrow night with a big win over another top team.

Default Laxdal on tonights loss to Swift

“We got sloppy making turnovers and soft, and it resulted in goals,” said Oil Kings head coach Derek Laxdal. “When we shoot ourselves in the foot, we do a good job of it.

As for his top line:
    "They created a lot, but they were on for the winning goal against, so if you play that well, you need to come back the other way too,” Laxdal said.

Iconwhl

Yep he is a arrogant prick which is why he has not got a pro job yet & if he doesn't change how he comes across may never see a pro job. Just wait til they go into another rebuild he will blow a gasket with losing lots after having so many winning seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by patsdude114 View Post
    Yep he is a arrogant prick which is why he has not got a pro job yet & if he doesn't change how he comes across may never see a pro job. Just wait til they go into another rebuild he will blow a gasket with losing lots after having so many winning seasons.
    He is arrogant and so is his teams attitude. They don't know how to spell the word class, let alone what it means
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Iconwhl

Roughly an hour and a half til puck drop at the Brandt Center, hoping tonights game is another treat to watch like the Victoria & Calgary game (altho I missed the cgy game) with the same result would be fanfreakentastic. Since SC beat these guys last night I do believe it puts ALOT of pressure on us to beat them as well, especially with going on the road for 2 in LETH & KOO

We need 3 wins plus a loser point somewhere to make sure we clinch 1st in our division, that is of course if SC wins out the rest of the year (which I hope to hell they don't) with the schedule that SC has its really making this fan look over his shoulder in the standings seeing how many different ways things can work out. Either way it is coming down to the final weekend against BRN for us & MJ for SC...I highly doubt things will be settled before then.....with any luck for us come that weekend BRN will have 7th spot all locked down with no room to move up or down and the odds of them sitting a few guys may be greater & they will be just as happy to close out the year with no more injuries as they get ready to face the Pats in round 1

Quote Originally Posted by Some_Arrogant_Jerk View Post

The Pats have painted themselves into a corner. Just got back from the game and geez the ride up the #11 was crappy, just about as crappy as the Pats effort. In two of their last four games the Pats have not given the required effort. It started out a week ago with a home and home and they let Swift get 3 out of 4 points. Now that Swift has beat Edmonton and we sucked against them it's going to be tough. The Broncos have five games to make up 3 points.

Our defence was brutal with Sinitsyn and Williams playing ungodly bad. Two direct turnover goals, and another soft coverage goal were just gifts to the Oil Kings. The owned us all night, and when they ramp it up we had no answer. Our first line was MIA. Hunt was good as was Wagner. MacAuley was pretty decent after Wapple got knocked out the game. After that not much push back by the Pats.

The Broncos are playing like they believe and we're playing like were choking. I think that win over Edmonton on Tuesday may have sealed our fate. It's still doable but not playing the way they did tonight.

Real tough game for Sinitsyn he was responsible for 2 goals. It was like before Christmas, no puck support, no team play, cycle the puck to long. Edm turned up the pressure in the second and we could not or did not respond. I missed the post game any word on Wapple