Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Pats sprinting down the home stretch....

Iconwhl

On the opening faceoff when we won the draw back to Zgraggen & he tripped over the blueline & gave the OK's an early 2on1 chance I knew it was going to be 1 of those nights.

Let's remember this the Regina Pats organization were talking about here, we never make things easy on ourselves. If there's a hard way to do something bet you dollar that we are taking that route. I do think we still have 3 very winnable games & with any luck squeak out a loser point in KOO or 1 of the other games. Actually SC can just damn well lose 2 games make it easier on us lol although with how their playing I don't see it happening, they have a mission to reclaim 1st & have the schedule to do it

This is something we will have to do for ourselves as opposed to what someone might do for us. Laxdal said something interesting in the last pre game interview by Andrews. He said he wants his team playing well down the stretch and they will finish where they finish. He goes on to say no matter where you finish in the standings, you still have to win in the playoffs.

I have seen teams get so emotionally invested in the 1st place run that they tank in the first round. It happens at every level. We have to firm up our lines, tighten our defence, and play really well down the stretch. The standings will be what they will be. Play well and things should take care of themselves.

Well, Harrison is dressed tonight instead of Mumby and already looks better. Steel and Wagner get the call over Zimmer, Kammerer and Brooks. Wagner has been great and gotta love he's only 16. A little surprised Brooks was scratched. Not sure if healthy or not, but could probably use a night off either way. He's been playing a lot.

Hurricanes maintained pressure on the Pats at the beginning of the second with some PP time, but it was all for none as D'Amico set up Christoffer shorthanded on a 2-on-1. Two more goals followed shortly after and Williams put them up 5-1 with six seconds left in the 2nd. Hoping Steel gets some extra playing time with this lead. He seems to have learned the systems well and has been in position too cycle the puck good too. He's been playing with Wagner and a veteran. Might get a chance with the first or second line again.

Turns out on the first goal in the 1st, when Stephenson got the puck up to Klimchuk, he took a pretty big hit as he let the puck go, but stayed on his feet. Hasn't played since. Hopefully nothing serious. He kinda flailed awkwardly when he got hit, but looked harmless.
    Last edited by Fight Guy; 03-07-2014 at 09:40 PM.

Iconwhl

Thanks for the update fight guy as I just woke up from some stupid shifts of pushing/hauling snow. Work til 5am sleep for 4hrs then go move snow for condos & apartments til 6pm, was sooo tired & we haven't even started hauling our commerical sites yet gonna be a solid 3 maybe 4 nights of hauling. I remember u saying last year you do/did something with snow removal as well? For some reason I remember u mentioning something aabout the snow dump site......

Anyways I have been very impressed with Wagner lately, that end to end rush he had against EDM late in 3rd when he rang it off the bar was a quite impressive rush, he has been taking off a lot lately, he is going to be a gem of a PWF as he builds more strength & confidence as he gets older. I'll say this now as I can't recall who it was back in training camp I think yes he is a 5th rd pick who looks like he is going to turn into something, but with that said its still fairly rare it happens like that.

I work for the city and often drive semi when we're removing bridge decks and guard rails, and sometimes the main removal. Been stuck on a sander a lot of this season though.

Hopefully precautionary, but Williams and Burroughs both left in the 3rd. Williams was checked right in the numbers by Derko and his head bounced straight off the glass. Two good camera angles, one from the side that looked really dirty. Worst part was, it was the 'Canes Hit of the Game. Though in return, Williams got 2nd Star as he had a good game. He may have a concussion though. 2 minutes boarding on the play. Burroughs got hit by the Pats bench and went down awkwardly. They're saying it could be a concussion now though. Our defensive fears are coming true...

Sounds like Stephenson will play tomorrow night. If Williams and Burroughs can't go, I'm guessing Hanson moves back to defense against the Ice. He can play solid back there and will help out being that short handed while Mumby gets back in. I'm guessing Brooks will play too. Pats are finally healthy up front and can afford to move Hanson back. That's what I'd do anyway. If the stars align and Lethbridge somehow pulls off the upset over Swift Current, and the Pats can knock off Kootenay, 2nd seed could be locked up just like that! Not counting on that though.
    Last edited by Fight Guy; 03-07-2014 at 10:45 PM.

Iconwhl

Terrible news if 2 of out top 3 Dmen are out with concussions, really going to test our depth now if this is the case. I agree that Hansen needs to be moved back to the blueline if this is the case, hes a bigger body that can handle guys down low.

It was a rather dirty hit on Williams and should be reported for supplemental. Not that it really matters since Lethbridge isn't going anywhere, and Derko sitting really doesn't mean much.

I hope the injuries aren't too serious but who knows. They reported on the PBP that Williams may have more of a neck issue as opposed to concussion. Burroughs situation is up in the air. I have long worried that our defence was quite small, particularly since two of our top guys are well under 6'. When I look at the elite teams their D are usually huge. They are people movers and puck movers. Not too many 6'3" d-men go down with concussions. A guy hates to break up the third line but I think I feel more secure with the bigger Hanson on the back end.

I watched until I couldn't stand the terrible feed (again) Good in the first but didn't score but 1 goal. Got a shorty and a PP on our way to four in the second. We didn't score in the third and played rather poorly. There are still too many needless penalties. Cameron said if the players don't take it to heart they will be out of the playoffs quick. After a shaky first period MacAuley was pretty decent the rest of the way.

Since Swift lost tonight the magic number is 1.5. Their fate is still in their own hands but this steady stream of injuries is going to eventually hurt. Should be an incentive to play very defensively and stop these needless penalties 200 feet from your goal.

I actually forgot about Reagan on the back end too. I'd almost take him over Mumby with Hanson still moving back. He had the night off too.

What looked like Brandon being alone in 7th spot has turned into Brandon almost out of a playoff spot. PA and Red Deer are really pushing for that last spot. PA knocked off Calgary tonight and Red Deer did us a huge favour. Tomorrow night, Brandon and PA play and I suspect PA will take that game. If so, they will leap frog Brandon into the last spot with a game in hand. Red Deer and PA have battled so hard they have battled themselves BOTH into the playoffs.

They will likely have a patchwork defence tonight. Reagan is 6'3" and about 200 lbs so yes if we have to, let's use him. Hanson can eat up minutes on the back end as well. I think we have to worry more about defence than offence right now. If we play it tight with five guys back and stay out of the box, we have a shot at a point.

To clarify the points we need three points but if they are all loser points and SC wins their last 4 we will be tied and both with 38 wins. Then the tie breaker is record against each other so SC gets 2nd. We need 3 points with a win or 4 loser points.