Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 5-11 since Feb

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyfan42 View Post
    Any idea on where they are positioned for drafting this year? I heard they had a few first and second round.
    According to Small at Large - http://smallatlarge.blogspot.ca/2013...aft-picks.html - the Giants have the following picks in the 2014 bantam draft:

Vancouver: (2 firsts, 3 seconds, 3 thirds, 0 fourths, 0 fifths)
    - acquired a 1st round pick from Saskatoon for Nathan Burns (November 2, 2012)
    - acquired a 2nd round pick from Saskatoon in exchange for a 2013 2nd round pick (Parker Smyth) and Owen Sillinger (May 2, 2013)
    - traded a 2nd round pick to Saskatoon in exchange for Dalton Thrower (May 27, 2013)
    - acquired a 2nd round pick from Edmonton in return for Blake Orban (January 2, 2014)
    - acquired a 2nd round pick from Kelowna in exchange for Marek Tvrdon (January 8, 2014)
    - acquired a 3rd round pick from Moose Jaw in the James Henry trade (January 10, 2012)
    - acquired a 3rd round pick from Kelowna in exchange for Jackson Whistle (September 7, 2012)
    - acquired a 3rd round pick from Red Deer in exchange for Matt Bellerive (September 24, 2012)
    - traded a 3rd round pick to Red Deer in exchange for Joel Hamilton (May 8, 2013).
    - traded a 4th round pick to Kelowna in exchange for Tanner Moar and Stewart Coyle (September 17, 2012)
    - traded a 5th round pick to Calgary in the Trevor Cheek deal (September 25, 2012)

Notes:
    - as part of the Brendan Walker trade, the Wheat Kings had the option to swap 2014 1st round picks with Saskatoon. Saskatoon traded their 2014 1st round pick to Vancouver; I assume that condition moved with the pick and the Wheat Kings can choose to take Saskatoon's pick from the Giants and give the Giants Brandon's 1st round pick instead.

Quote Originally Posted by dondo View Post
    Fisenko and Kudrna

.... I was so happy not to see that four guys in the neutral zone crap I saw last season, which incidentally was our worst season ever and seriously the most boring hockey I have ever watched a Giants team play........
    I still remember their first season which as far as wins goes was right down there but as far as boring and unexciting last year takes the cake bar none. The first season was light years ahead of the last couple season's.

I would like to see the league move to teams reporting how many butts are in seats as opposed to some complex formula that seems to be anywhere in the 50-100% more range. But that is the least of the league's worries as far as keeping or even hoping to win back or new fans.

It doesn't matter one bit how many first and or 2nd round picks we have for the draft. What matters is how many wise decisions will be made when exercising those picks and for that answer one needs to find one of those 1-800 scammers. I suppose an alternative would be to wait a couple seasons to see how many we start trading or not even let take the ice.

From the reports I heard this is an extremely weak bantam draft. Bellerive's brother will probably go #1 but overall it's a weak draft with not many predicted to be NHL picks. Time will tell but I never get excited about the bantam draft as most of these kids are 2-3 years away & most won't make any impact whatsoever.

A lot of their better players over the years weren't even drafted or were late round picks like Lucic, Franson, Blum, Gallagher etc.

A lot of their 1st round picks are busts.

Might be better to ask - have they ever had a non-busted 1st round pick?

Yes, Fistric, Brule, Sexsmith, Henry, Kane, Sward & Wright..Reece & Ast not so much.
    Foster is projected to be a solid 2 way player & it's too early to tell how good Benson will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Giantsfan View Post
    Yes, Fistric, Brule, Sexsmith, Henry, Kane, Sward & Wright..Reece & Ast not so much.
    I put Sward into that bust category as well. I realize he is a serviceable player and Hay loves him but for a first round pick he has certainly underachieved. If he were a 2nd or 3rd round pick I'd probably consider him a solid one. But for a 1st rounder I expected a lot more offense from him. To say he is streaky in that department would be putting it lightly.

Quote Originally Posted by Giantsfan View Post
    Foster is projected to be a solid 2 way player & it's too early to tell how good Benson will be.
    Wasn't Henry like 7th round pick or something like that? Ast certainly was a bust.
    WE ARE ALL GIANTS.

True, Henry was a ninth round pick. The Giants 1st pick back in 2006.

Yes Henry was a very late round pick!!

Question

I'm just curious Giants fan, since you have the option to switch draft picks this year with us this year, do you think your gm would do it? If that is the case, you guys would get first and we would get 16th..........