Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Get er done

Good luck to you guys on Tuesday......, from a Blades fan that is....., if we have a ****ty season, the only thing that would make me smile is if Prince Albert aren't in the playoffs............ cheering for you 100% of the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not too excited for playin for the right to get swept by Edmonton, but it would be nice to end PAs season again.

Season ended in fitting fashion. 47 shots allowed, third period collapse at home, and Sutter citing a "lack of urgency" (read: apathy) again for whatever reason.

Yep. Only way to describe it was brutal. Up a goal going into the second and the third and then you give up a 2 on 0 on a brutal giveaway. They score and the team completely folds. Can't generate a thing. Awful. Once again our power play generated less than nothing (minus the Dieno goal). I don't think we even got a shot on two of them. Looking for an explanation as to why Kopeck played the first minute+ of all the power plays when he was generating nothing the whole game. Supposed to be a strong, physical (isn't this why we traded Hamilton?) tough team to play against and yet after Sterzner went down there was hardly a body check thrown. Something has to change in the room.

Here's hoping we can find a couple of top 4 defensemen in the off season (draft or trade) to solidify the back end for next year. Definately can't throw Burman to the wolves like we did with Barto this year or this team will be picking higher than sixth in the Bantam draft next year.

And yet, with Fleury, Bleaks and Musil all coming back a year smarter, stronger and more experienced, I think the foundation is there to build a team around skill wise. Hopefully Wyatt Johnson can avoid the step back from the 18 to 19 season that has seemed to hinder this team in the last couple years. The youngsters that got into some games looked really good as well. Always next year......and unlike quite a few season ticket holders i have talked to, my butt will once again be in the seats.

One last thing, can we get a Mascot that actually attempts to get the crowd fired up next season?