Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 1, Pats and Brandon

Iconwhl

Quote Originally Posted by sbtatter View Post
    Bdn clearly did well against weak teams, went 8 and 0 vs the Warriors! Struggled with above 500 teams
    Pats were 8-0 against MJ & SAS... were both in the same boat with doing well against the crap teams and struggled against above .500 teams

The teams are tied with 19 wins each against the bottom 5 teams. Brandon on a 34 win season minus 15 against the teams in the playoffs is 19. Regina on 39 wins and 20 against the play off teams equals 19

The interesting stats are the second half numbers

Default Pats vs Wheat Puffs Line Combos

Any Updates?

Iconwhl

Quote Originally Posted by Shooter View Post
    Any Updates?
    Here was some line combos posted on page 1 for the WKs by sbtatter

McGauley/Nejezchleb/P Quenneville
    Gabrielle/ J Quenneville/ Hawryluk
    Bukarts/Robinson/Meullier
    Coulter/Lisoway/Lindgren
    Pulock/Pilon
    Roy/Hunter
    Waltz/Green

As for Pats lineups this is the best I can do since our coaching staff tends to make tweaks to each line at times it seems.....this is what id like to see anyways

Stephenson/Hunt/Stevenson
    Leier/Klimchuk/McVeigh
    Christoffer/Hansen/D'Amico
    Gay/Wagner/Steel or Brooks

*would love to see the odd shift Wagner replace Hansen

Zgraggen/Burroughs
    Sinitsyn/Williams
    Schacher/Harrison or Reagan

extras
    Mumby
    Zimmer
    Krammerer

Yeah, thats the Bdn line combos I'm guessing at, unless Nolan Patrick is kept around. Coulter likely keeps his spot ahead of Kitt then Schmyr. But I haven't been down to the rink to see the combo's they have practicing together
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Iconwhl

just alittle info for us WHL fans if your interested in watching the Raiders vs Rebels tonight for the tie-breaker game. The promotional code is whlplayoffs

http://www.whl.ca/article/whl-to-web...-game-for-free

I see that Saskatoon got first pick in the draft but that will be forwarded to Brandon. It was part of an earlier deal which had them exchanging draft picks if Saskatoon's was higher this year. McCrimmon has to be happy with that development. Apparently it's only the first time Brandon has ever had the 1st overall pick in the bantam draft. Congrats to them. Maybe that shows the success they've had.

I believe the Pats will pick 13 in each round. I'm sure they will pick but they may slide down a little if the right deal is there.

The Pats will be in the middle and there should still be some great choices, if they are smart.

In 2010 Alex Forsberg went #1 while Comrie went #13 and Sam Reinhart went #15

In 2011 Point went #14 and Bleakly #21. In 2012 Nick Merkley went #9, so just never know.

In 2011 we went for numbers. We gave up our 1st round to MJ for two second rounders (Schoiler and Ortynsky) Had we selected in the 1st round we had access to Blake Penner, Connor Bleakley, or Jordan Papirny. Things that make you go uuuhhhmmm! I believe that was the last year of the Ripplinger Reign!
    IMO all teams make mistakes but the best teams make the fewest.

Iconwhl

Sounds like the Regina Pats are going to be getting a league fine for having our practices closed off not only to the general public (which is allowed) but also blocked all access from media to watch the practice which is against league rules as media I guess is always allowed access no questions asked.

My guess is will be about a $500 fine nothing major about 25 tickets worth in sales.

Quote Originally Posted by patsdude114 View Post
    Sounds like the Regina Pats are going to be getting a league fine for having our practices closed off not only to the general public (which is allowed) but also blocked all access from media to watch the practice which is against league rules as media I guess is always allowed access no questions asked.

My guess is will be about a $500 fine nothing major about 25 tickets worth in sales.
    Yup...some panty waist reporter got his nose out of joint. IMO if they have to allow them in, they should get to designate where they can sit....how about designating the top row of the East end???....it may be manditory to let them into practice but the team and Exhibition Association should be able to assign seating as they deem appropriate

Iconwhl

It was prob Vanstone that guy just looks like a whiney little b.... Ill stop there lol anyways doesn't really effect anything, although I do enjoy going down & watching them practice from time to time get to see a different side of the game that the avg hockey fan doesn't notice or tend to care about. You get to see a lot clearer on what they are really trying to do & it looks great when you see it drawn up in practice & then you actually see it on the ice.

Anyways isn't it saturday yet? Like damn it already its been way to long since we have seen playoff hockey again I'm getting impatient lol