Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 1, Pats and Brandon

Quote Originally Posted by patsdude114 View Post
    It was prob Vanstone that guy just looks like a whiney little b.... Ill stop there lol anyways doesn't really effect anything, although I do enjoy going down & watching them practice from time to time get to see a different side of the game that the avg hockey fan doesn't notice or tend to care about. You get to see a lot clearer on what they are really trying to do & it looks great when you see it drawn up in practice & then you actually see it on the ice.

Anyways isn't it saturday yet? Like damn it already its been way to long since we have seen playoff hockey again I'm getting impatient lol
    Don't forget to wear red!
    Sounds like there will be a fan bus coming from Brandon, Pats are the closest palyoff opponents Bdn can get, beats going to Alberta!
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Iconwhl

Wearing red should be easy for me since I wear red for a jacket anyways but will most likely drag out the jersey for playoffs, been debating about maybe getting the new red jersey as well.

Also curious what is the WK's charging for your fan bus?
    Last edited by patsdude114; 03-19-2014 at 03:45 PM.

It should be fun for fans from both sides. The weather is getting nice. Playoffs are in the breeze and there will be some fine hockey. My only concern is how ready the walking wounded will be. Nobody is saying anything but I'm still hoping for the best.

Iconwhl

Well the weather is getting colder for the weekend -11 for friday & saturday not including windchill.

As for the walking wounded as long as we get Williams & Burroughs back we should be fine, as important as Stevenson is we still have a very strong forward group that should be able to manage til he can play.

I think everyone is wanting to get this show going. Every extra day sounds like "healing" to me. The good thing is that with every passing day all of the guys are getting healthier and ready to come back. I think they will all start coming back as the series goes along. Having extra d-men back will get Hanson back onto that #3 line which has been so good. If Stevenson can play all of the forward lines will be back in tact. Lets hope that's how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by patsdude114 View Post
    Wearing red should be easy for me since I wear red for a jacket anyways but will most likely drag out the jersey for playoffs, been debating about maybe getting the new red jersey as well.

Also curious what is the WK's charging for your fan bus?
    I seem to recall hearing it would be $50, probably dependent on a minimum number of seats sold. But don't hold it against me if I'm wrong.

Iconwhl

just a quick congrats to Chandler Stephenson on making the 2nd team All-Star

Not other Pats member was up for any awards, at first thought Cameron would be up for Coach of the Year but when you look at MH in Clouston he gets the nod forsure due to no Shinkaruk all year (minus 18 games) & really outside of Valk they don't really have any true WHL star type players. They basically only had 1 19yr old forward all year (again minus Shinkaruk for 18games) a very young team thru and thru so in my opinion very hard to argue with this choice all things considered....

Just read that if the series goes to a game 6, it will be held in Dauphin. Probably the best move for Wheat Kings fans. Short drive for them and their money stays in Manitoba.

Also...seems the Pats have won the Eastern WHL Marketing / Business Award... yaaay...lol
    Last edited by Fight Guy; 03-20-2014 at 04:10 PM.

Iconwhl

Quote Originally Posted by Fight Guy View Post
    Just read that if the series goes to a game 6, it will be held in Dauphin. Probably the best move for Wheat Kings fans. Short drive for them and their money stays in Manitoba.

Also...seems the Pats have won the Eastern WHL Marketing / Business Award... yaaay...lol
    ya I can see why they would want to play it anywhere else but in MJ or Saskatoon.... it wouldn't feel like a home game for them at all, even if it means not a big gate return $$$ anyone know how big the Dauphin rink is?

Credit Union Place in Dauphin seats 1,763. Funny thing is, if the game is played, the Wheat Kings better hope the Dauphin hockey fans that come out don't wear their home team, the Royals, jerseys. Their colours are red, blue, and white and resemble what the Pats used to wear before the last logo/jersey refresh.