Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 1, Pats and Brandon

Iconwhl

Ouch that will be a major hit at the gate even if they sellout the building, I guess just hoping they all cheer for BRN is better then money I guess. Either way its a tough situation for the WKs but I guess they should be lucky that its only game 6 (if it gets there) & not both games 3 & 4

Quote Originally Posted by patsdude114 View Post
    Ouch that will be a major hit at the gate even if they sellout the building, I guess just hoping they all cheer for BRN is better then money I guess. Either way its a tough situation for the WKs but I guess they should be lucky that its only game 6 (if it gets there) & not both games 3 & 4
    You're bang on with all your points!
    If it gets to game 6 the crowd up there would be very pro Bdn with Hawryluk and Pulock playing their AAA hockey out of Dauphin. Should be able to fit 1700 sitting and 700 standing, so 2400, usually 1st round Bdn only draw around 3500 at home so it could be worse. If they went to MJ, it would be a smaller crowd and pro regina.
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Fight Guy View Post
    Credit Union Place in Dauphin seats 1,763. Funny thing is, if the game is played, the Wheat Kings better hope the Dauphin hockey fans that come out don't wear their home team, the Royals, jerseys. Their colours are red, blue, and white and resemble what the Pats used to wear before the last logo/jersey refresh.
    It's the Dauphin Kings, not Royals.

I don't think the colours will be an issue. Any time I've gone to CUP, I've never seen a lot of team jersey's being worn. In face most MJHL fans are pretty tame that way for team support.

http://www.tourismdauphin.ca/wp-cont...ce-RBC-Cup.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by sbtatter View Post
    You're bang on with all your points!
    If it gets to game 6 the crowd up there would be very pro Bdn with Hawryluk and Pulock playing their AAA hockey out of Dauphin. Should be able to fit 1700 sitting and 700 standing, so 2400, usually 1st round Bdn only draw around 3500 at home so it could be worse. If they went to MJ, it would be a smaller crowd and pro regina.
    We hate regina more than Brandon
    GO WARRIORS GO

Quote Originally Posted by mjw22 View Post
    We hate regina more than Brandon
    Ha! But more Pats fans would get to MJ than WK fans.
    I do love that new rink in MJ though, great facility
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by drummermajor View Post
    It's the Dauphin Kings, not Royals.

I don't think the colours will be an issue. Any time I've gone to CUP, I've never seen a lot of team jersey's being worn. In face most MJHL fans are pretty tame that way for team support.

http://www.tourismdauphin.ca/wp-cont...ce-RBC-Cup.jpg
    Yep, my bad. I had looked at the teams page probably 10 minutes before that post, too. Not sure how I screwed that up...lol.

And ya, the colours shouldn't be an issue at all. They'll be cheering for the home team if the game happens. I just thought it was funny that the teams jerseys and colours are similar to the Pats. I used to go to Weyburn Red Wings games and there were always a decent number of fans wearing team jerseys... but they were all game worn jerseys from auctions every season. But, when those people wear those to the games all the time, it adds up to a lot in the crowd. I'm guessing a majority of Junior 'A' teams don't sell team jerseys as merch.
    Last edited by Fight Guy; 03-21-2014 at 07:46 AM.

so to recap...

is Wapple going to be available? How about Stevenson? things have been pretty quiet it seems about all of that.

They're trying to stay as quiet as possible. For this, they are being fined for locking out media to their practices. Cameron has said that's he's real happy about the line-up he'll have come the weekend, so maybe he slipped up a bit and knows more than they have released to the public. We'll find out tomorrow night! Finally almost game day!!

I heard they have 2 new players skating with the team. There olinemen from the thunder 6'4 and 6'5 respectively and just kidding. Let's get this thing started. In phoenix going to miss the first 2 games.

Way back in history, they tried that with Bob Polley (then playing with the Rams) but he couldn't skate good enough to catch the other players to fight. hahaha
    ONE MORE SLEEP