Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Broncos vs Tigers

Default Broncos vs Tigers

This series is going to be a tough battle, however I like our chances on advancing to round two. The broncos have more depth thru the lineup than the Tigers. Also, if Eetu is on top of his game, then we also have a slight edge in the crease as well. Hoping for a split in Medicine Hat! A tall task as it is a hard rink to play in.
    Seems difficult to get, or find any articles, news paper writings or blogs or anything of the like to prepare fans for the upcoming series!! Any suggestions? Other thoughts? May have to rely on this site for all playoff related opinions.
    Go Broncos!

1989 Memorial Cup Champions

I think this will be a good and close series provided the Broncos will bump the Tigers when they get the chance. From what I've seen of the Tigers they have a slight edge on speed, especially their top line. They are a small line though so I think we could stall their offence if we can hit them. As far as goaltending I think we will be closely matched but would give the Broncos an edge on defence. Broncos in 6!!

Default Not Sure why...

You would say the Broncos have the better defence when the Tigers gave up 34 fewer goals playing in what is arguably a tougher division.

I am comparing the two teams and what I have seen when they play each other with the exception of the one game. I think we have seen considerable improvement with several of our defencemen when they had to assume larger roles and more playing minutes midseason. What's your prediction for the series?

Default Think it's going....

to be a very close series, probably 6 or 7 games. Interesting stat, both teams were 30% against each other on the power play in the season series but over all the Bronco pp was better throughout the year. Broncos are a bit deeper up front and the Tigers may have the edge on defence. Being a Tiger fan I'm going with the Tigers in seven

Iconwhl

Quote Originally Posted by longtimejrfan View Post
    You would say the Broncos have the better defence when the Tigers gave up 34 fewer goals playing in what is arguably a tougher division.
    I have to agree with this statement fully, the Tigers have more defensive defensemen where the Broncos are defense are more offensive minded. This is the reason the Tigers brought in Vannelli lets see if he can still bring it after signing his 1st NHL contract. Outside of Lernout the Broncos defense is not tough to play against, this is where the Blue Jackets are looking for Heatherington to make that next step, yes hes a good puck moving defensemen but he lacks physical play for a guy his size.

As for the goaltending I think you gotta give the edge to Langhamer, he has a better GAA & both goalies have basically the same SV% Langhamer .913 Etu .914 & when you consider the teams MH had to play on a more regular basis not sure how you cant give the edge to him.

As much as I want to see 2 Saskatchewan teams heading into the 2nd round I just don't see the Broncos winning this series....I say Tigers in 6

Not so sure if I agree with your comments about us having easy defence to play against. Honka is offensively minded but Heatherington and Martin are defensive defensemen with good first pass vision. Heatherington an NHL draft pick and Honka and Martin both expected to go in the early rounds. That shouldn't sound too easy?!?
    Goaltending? I guess I can see you giving the edge to them but both are world junior tenders and both have the potential to win the series.
    As far as having two saskatchewan teams make it to the 2nd round, the Broncos have the better chance than the Pats. Brandon proved that in your final two games. Pats had a poor winning record against teams ahead of them in the standings. But Brandon too. But your team is not going to dominate the wheat puffs.
    Other than the PA and Edmonton series, with Edmonton likely to sweep, the rest of the matchups can go any way and won't be surprised at any outcome. Broncos need to win in six cause a 7th game in Medicine Hat would be tough win!
    So I say Broncos in 6.

1989 Memorial Cup Champions

I think what several posters might mean with their comments about the Tigers having a better defense is that they're defensively better at shutting down the opposition. That may be, but we have three defensemen that bring a lot of offensive upside and will contribute offensive points in this series. If you evaluate the two team's defensemen considering that I think we have a slight edge.

This should be one crazy/fun series with how similar these two teams are, and of course the long standing rivalry. Wouldn't be shocked at all if it took 7 games to decide a winner, hopefully this year Graham Black is to us what Tyler Ennis was for the Tigers a couple of years ago.

Nothing like the playoffs to pull this guy out of retirement and back on the message boards. Go Broncos!
    A Broncos fan I was born, a Broncos fan I will die! GO BRONCOS GO!

Medicine Hat in 7
    Regina pats in 6
    PA raiders in 7
    Calgary in 5

You heard it hear first.