Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Off season

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Schrute View Post
    Nicolas Jensen played in Sweden as a 19 year old after 2 season in the ohl. It helped him. That might be a similar situation for draisatl.
    Ok...but he's not exactly a household name and he wasn't drafted by Vancouver (or any NHL team) in the 1st round (although he was drafted by a KHL team in the third round...but he didn't report).

The list is still very short and undistinguished.

-Wapitikev

Quote Originally Posted by the voice View Post
    ...The team was built to win this year and take advantage of Draisaitl and Morrissey. Pretty lofty expectations to think we'll replace 7-10 players from this past roster and not miss a beat and get better.
    Don't think we'll get better...just don't think that we'll have a huge flop from Dec 1 - to Feb 15th this season like we did the last three. If josh and Leon return, which I've already commented on, that should put us about the same as last year, points-wise.

There was tons of different types of talented players on this squad. Expect to see all who move on or get traded to have career years next year. Question is who? And why?
    The ones who leave/get traded may have career years (they better...their 20yos) but will need to figure out how NOT to mail in half their games from December to Feb 15th in order to do so...but so will the ones we keep.

-Wapitikev

Would be great if he's back. The key word is development. That's what scares me.

As for mailing it in, you couldn't be more wrong.

As for mailing it in, you couldn't be more wrong.
    So what do you call a complete lack of effort, 2 seasons running, from almost everyone who was 19 this season?

They didn't lose all those games in December and January and early February both this year and last year because they were trying too hard. You can't lay all those games on Chevy.

-Wapitikev
    Last edited by Wapitikev; 03-30-2014 at 03:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wapitikev View Post
    Ok...but he's not exactly a household name and he wasn't drafted by Vancouver (or any NHL team) in the 1st round (although he was drafted by a KHL team in the third round...but he didn't report).

The list is still very short and undistinguished.

-Wapitikev

Jensen was drafted 29th overall in 2011 (1st round) by the Canucks

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=32422

Quote Originally Posted by Trav View Post
    Jensen was drafted 29th overall in 2011 (1st round) by the Canucks

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=32422
    Apologies...was looking at the Player Bio and History section at the bottom of the page (it's not listed there, only at the top).

Still...a list of one is a very short list.

-Wapitikev

Quote Originally Posted by Wapitikev View Post
    So what do you call a complete lack of effort, 2 seasons running, from almost everyone who was 19 this season?

They didn't lose all those games in December and January and early February both this year and last year because they were trying too hard. You can't lay all those games on Chevy.

-Wapitikev
    Where did that come from? Never would lay it on Chevy or any of the players. Anyhow, I'll crawl back into my hole and wait for the summer to unfold. Complete lack of effort? Really? I enjoyed your posts over the years and for the most part agree on your viewpoint. This one baffles me though. This was a very good team. Rankings at the start of the year were likely warranted. So what happened? Figure it out. Goodbye.

Iconwhl

Where did that come from? Never would lay it on Chevy or any of the players. Anyhow, I'll crawl back into my hole and wait for the summer to unfold. Complete lack of effort? Really? I enjoyed your posts over the years and for the most part agree on your viewpoint. This one baffles me though. This was a very good team. Rankings at the start of the year were likely warranted. So what happened? Figure it out. Goodbye.
    The Raiders were brutal 2yrs in a role for the teams they had, they under performed in back to back years. I would say the coach has a huge reason behind this but also falls onto the players as well as there was a lot of talent on both teams.

Morrissey will be what 19yrs old next year? Or was he that this year I don't recall & on my phone don't feel like looking it up.

Quote Originally Posted by patsdude114 View Post
    The Raiders were brutal 2yrs in a role for the teams they had, they under performed in back to back years. I would say the coach has a huge reason behind this but also falls onto the players as well as there was a lot of talent on both teams.

Morrissey will be what 19yrs old next year? Or was he that this year I don't recall & on my phone don't feel like looking it up.

There's a couple teams who have under performed the last couple years. You got the Blades before this year have done squat in the playoffs for 2-3 seasons in a row, you got the Raiders who fell apart this year and last year and Regina fell apart this year. Found it interesting that this is the 21st season that a non Sask WHL team will win the WHL title. Probably be awhile yet b4 a Sask team wins it....Yes Morrissey will be 19 this year.