Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Pats Off Season - draft, trades, moves etc?

Iconwhl

Quote Originally Posted by RWAH View Post
    Along those lines we listed a Robbie Fulton, 6' 5'' and 235 lbs and a 100 pim in Midget (big and an attitude) I thought we were moving that way, but he was dropped from our PPL???
    I really thought Fulton had a spot on this team moving forward, he is the exact type of player that this franchise is missing.... a big physical bruising type defenseman. Every shift he had during training camp he scared the opposition (among his peers) going into the corners. He was willing to drop the mits every shift & I believe he did twice as well if my memory serves me correct. Yes his skating and skill set had issues but those things can be worked on I mean my god we still kept Mumby on this roster

A Robbie Fulton type player is exactly the type we need to keep on our back end. He would be a work in progress but after he beat he snot out of a couple guys, he would get a lot more space. Our players would know they have him around to take care of business. Of all the tough guy forwards out there I can't remember a single one coming into the league that wasn't a work in progress. Edmonton has Mitch Morosz who might be an exception. They also have Brandon Baddock who may be as tough as Morosz. Keegan Kanzig wishes he didn't meet him. Nobody pushes the Oil Kings around.

Stevenson was a tough kid since when he played one game here as a 16 year old. He got into a tough scrap, and you knew he would be valuable. He was a natural leader on this team and as he went so did the team. He was our leading scorer in the four game playoffs with MJ. He was a middleweight who did all our heavyweight work. Honestly he is handful but not a true heavyweight but at 6' maybe -185 he wasn't big enough to be a true enforcer.

Christopher is a valuable player but he is only 5'9-5'10 -185 so he simply isn't big enough to be an enforcer. He is tough kid who came along as a player but I have never seen any leadership qualities in him. He could be a gritty winger who may score 20 goals and have 100+ minutes in penalties. He tends to be quite undisciplined taking a lot of minor penalties. As a 20 year old will he be an impact 20 year old???? Sinitsyn, McVeigh, , D'Amico appear to realistically be the other 20 year olds we will have back.

Sinitsyn would take up both a 20 yr spot and an import spot. He was poor down the stretch and playoffs. His brain fart probably kept the team from eliminating Brandon on the last home game of the regular season. He is offensively gifted but you need to play defence, and he was an adventure in that role. Even if he's available I don't know if they keep him. Risky!

D'amico - his numbers were close to Christopher's while playing fewer games. he is bigger and skates well. Hits hard. not a fighter.

McVeigh - ??? not convinced yet

I would call this bunch just adequate but nothing close to exceptional. Depending on what's around things could really change up a lot.
    With Steel, Kroeker, Smith, and perhaps Cole coming on stream this season I think obtaining some toughness should be a priority. I'm talking guys that are 6'3 - 200 and will scrap. one on defence and two up front. Hand could be in the equation but he is so fragile with all his concussions. He is also rather slight at 6'3' -185. It could be one fight and out for the season. I think we want genuine tough guys who can play and are durable enough to last the season.

I think we will be pretty young next year so we better look after these kids coming in.

Default Dream on Patsies fans

You guys are living in a "I hope world". You had your chance this year to make some noise in the playoffs and sh'' the bed. Do you really think you will have a good team next year with all your underachievers back? Dream on. What 17 or 16 year olds do you have that are top prospects?? If you don't get Klimchuck and C. Stephenson back next year you are in deep doo doo.

I guess they better all retire then since trying is basically the first step towards failure.

Instead we should all support the mini wheats, since they'll need all the help they can get against a real team. No amount of cheapshots or yapping from McCrimmon will get them that series, especially without the opposition goaltender handing away games.

Brandon will get pummelled and you can continue chasing mascots, and looking for negative attention on other teams' forums.

Default Sag

Quote Originally Posted by Some_Arrogant_Jerk View Post
    I guess they better all retire then since trying is basically the first step towards failure.

Instead we should all support the mini wheats, since they'll need all the help they can get against a real team. No amount of cheapshots or yapping from McCrimmon will get them that series, especially without the opposition goaltender handing away games.

Brandon will get pummelled and you can continue chasing mascots, and looking for negative attention on other teams' forums.
    Your name suits you. I'll remind you next year about your poison

Quote Originally Posted by RWAH View Post
    To trade you need another team wanting what you are offering so I don't see any trade for Kammerer, Mumby or Brooks unless we are talking about and to Lethbridge.
    I agree there is hope for you dealing with Lethbridge. If you package those three together, you can probably pick up their first round pick this year and next, although you may have to throw Beukeboom in to top it up.

Iconwhl

Quote Originally Posted by LongTimeFan View Post
    I agree there is hope for you dealing with Lethbridge. If you package those three together, you can probably pick up their first round pick this year and next, although you may have to throw Beukeboom in to top it up.
    those 3 packaged together still wouldn't even get you a 5th or 6th round pick, also we don't have Beukeboom anymore he played in PG this year. LETH would have zero use for those players anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by patsdude114 View Post
    those 3 packaged together still wouldn't even get you a 5th or 6th round pick, also we don't have Beukeboom anymore he played in PG this year. LETH would have zero use for those players anyways.
    LOL, I was being sarcastic. Did you happen to see the trades they made with Brandon? If there was ever a possibility to trade a player who's no longer on your roster, it would be to Lethbridge!

Quote Originally Posted by booboo View Post
    You guys are living in a "I hope world". You had your chance this year to make some noise in the playoffs and sh'' the bed. Do you really think you will have a good team next year with all your underachievers back? Dream on. What 17 or 16 year olds do you have that are top prospects?? If you don't get Klimchuck and C. Stephenson back next year you are in deep doo doo.
    Feel free to post anytime...providing you can conduct yourself like a mature individual, as difficult as that may be.

There is no point referring to you in any derogatory terms... I'm sure you've heard them all before and are accustomed to them.

Your ability to tell the future is uncanny, and impressive.. however best served on the Brandon site that nobody cares about.

Have a nice summer
    Last edited by chopper; 04-04-2014 at 09:52 PM. Reason: addition

Quote Originally Posted by LongTimeFan View Post
    LOL, I was being sarcastic. Did you happen to see the trades they made with Brandon? If there was ever a possibility to trade a player who's no longer on your roster, it would be to Lethbridge!
    I'm thinking Lang should be talking heavy with Robson. Considering how little it took for him to move down in the draft last year. He might take MacAuley, Kammerer and our 13th for his 2nd overall pick.