Thread: CANES Future and/or Alumni Players!

Threaded View

Default CANES Future and/or Alumni Players!

CANES Future and/or Alumni Players!

I started this thread a while ago, but it has since been deleted. So here goes a new thread.

It is great to see that Zach Boychuk was the Player of the Month in the American Hockey League for March 2014. He earned another one of his many call ups to the NHL, this time with his original team, the Carolina Hurricanes.

http://theahl.com/monthly-award-winn...-named-p191427

Is Boychuk destined to be a permanent AHL level player, or will he finally stick with the big club this time? Time will tell, but I wish him nothing but great luck.

I remember watching him in the WHL during his 16 year old season back in 2005-06 when he was all of 5'7" and 145 pounds. I kept thinking that kid is gonna get killed out there on the Enmax ice. He proved me wrong that year when he put up some really decent numbers. Zach turned out to be the best 16 year old in the league. I think he lost the rookie of the year voting to some 17 year old Sutter!

While Boychuk may be a career AHL player, he worked fr!gg!n hard to get where he is at. Way to go Zach.

Here are his AHL numbers this year:

62 32 35 67
    Last edited by HURRICANE'S ROCK; 04-04-2014 at 03:30 PM.
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.