Thread: Papirny draft ranking

Default Papirny draft ranking

How is Papirny ranked where he is! Sitting at #24 in goalie ranking behind Paulic, Edmonds & Lotz. Kid is the best young goalie, 17 & under, in the whl. I think he's a possible wjhc team Canada goalie at some point. Would love to hear what scouts see in the other 3 to rank them higher.

On a side note..........as a neural party, I can't see how anyone can say that the wheaties are going to walk away with the east division banner for the next 2 yrs, atleast! If they can get one of Roy or Pulock back next yr, they are front runner to be the team to win the eastern conf!

Iconwhl

Quote Originally Posted by BigCat20 View Post
    How is Papirny ranked where he is! Sitting at #24 in goalie ranking behind Paulic, Edmonds & Lotz. Kid is the best young goalie, 17 & under, in the whl. I think he's a possible wjhc team Canada goalie at some point. Would love to hear what scouts see in the other 3 to rank them higher.

I can fully understand why Lotz is ranked higher then Papirny is but in my mind its tough to see how Paulic is ranked higher. Now sure Paulic played on an extremely weak team in MJ and if it wasn't for Paulic on most nights the scores would of been much worse so I guess I can see abit the reasoning behind that ranking as well. Papirny is a stud between the pipes he is going to put up some stellar numbers in the next 2 seasons on a very strong BRN team.

Quote Originally Posted by BigCat20 View Post
    On a side note..........as a neural party, I can't see how anyone can say that the wheaties are going to walk away with the east division banner for the next 2 yrs, atleast! If they can get one of Roy or Pulock back next yr, they are front runner to be the team to win the eastern conf!
    BRN should run away with a few east division banners starting next season. No one in our division at least on paper will even contend with BRN next year. Im saying it now they will win the East Division by an easy 12pts next year.