Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15

Thread: Pats fire Cameron/Dixon and McGuigan not returning

Cassan has international experience too, as an Assistant for Canada West at the 2013 World Jr A Championship.

Quote Originally Posted by Bighat View Post
    Lorne moleken has turned the pats down, now it's a crap shoot it have no more info.

Where did u hear this? Jus wondering since the other day ago u were saying Molleken was going to be hired by the Pats but not as coach. Now ur saying he's not being hired.

starting to look like the pats wont get a headline guy...too bad, as it would've been nice for them to back up this big talk.

If even old man Molleken doesn't want the job, what makes you think the next Babcock is just going to stroll in? At this point we might have to settle for the mascot, or even worse, Curtis Hunt at this rate.

Greg Drinnon on "Taking Notes" reports the Pats are close to signing a head coach. Also mentions that rumor has it that Lorne M will fill a front office job. Hoping the poster that reported "Lorne has turned them down" is correct.
    Historically Drinnons blog is very accurate, so we may get an announcement by Wednesday or Thursday

Iconwhl

I'm fine if Mollenken gets a front office job with our team I mean let's face it he knows how to win (in the regular season) you don't get 600+ wins for not knowing how to win. If he does become head coach he has the history of winning seasons is what we lack if he can bring that here I'm all for it, plus if we are winning it will put butts in seats which means money for the ownership and in the end that's all they care about. Playoff success will bring more money in don't get me wrong and we need playoff success maybe a fresh start is what he needs as he always had that hurdle in Saskatoon.

I'm told he turned down initial offer that he received which I reported 10 days ago. My last info was Friday.

Twitter rumour said the job is John Paddock's if he wants it, Struch if Paddock refuses it
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Iconwhl

John Paddock would be a great guy for the job here if he wants it.... In 16 seasons coaching in the NHL or AHL he has missed the playoffs only once (missed playoffs twice when he took over a team mid season only), he has won 2 Calder Cup's and lost in the finals once as well.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...y.php?pid=4107

I wouldn't mind Struch either but with him are we really gaining anything over Cameron???????

Paddock has plenty of experience and a great record. My reservation would be how well will the 16 to 19 year olds relate to a coach that is 60 years old. Most of his experience is in the A and most of those players are graduated Juniors so are 20 to 25. Brian Kilrae in the OHL coached very successfully well past 60. Don Hay is the same age as Paddock. Lorne Molleken is only 2 years younger. Think with one or two young assistants could be a good hire.
    Had a bad experience in Ottawa and how he handled Ray Emery but I am sure he would do that differently if a similar situation arises again.