Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Blades release David Nemecek...

Quote Originally Posted by BigCat20 View Post
    No disagreeing with trading him........only for the right price & right time. If they are in a high playoff position or combo of low draft pick & 2nd tier player, I personally say no! My only question was why would the Canadiens demand the trade, not really much better option for him or team.

Some NHL teams in the past have sent back top prospects to juniors with the condition that their player be traded to a contending team if the player's original team was rebuilding. It happened with Wacey Rabbit when he was sent back as an overager and it may have happened with Setoguchi as well.

I'm not saying Montreal is going to do that, I just said I was sorta wondering if maybe they have or will. My original post was in response to the tweet I saw where Woods said that he'd consider a trade. After that, I read an article where Bob Woods said that he isn't wanting to move Sherbak now but if a team made a huge offer, he'd consider it. Looking at things now, I imagine Sherbak will be a Blade until at least the deadline. If the Blades aren't going to go anywhere then I'd expect him to be moved which would be the rite thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Trav View Post
    may pick two in the import draft since Scherbak is a NHL first round pick. It also sounds like the Blades will entertain offers for Scherbak but would expect a huge return. I'm sorta wondering if the Canadians or his agent have asked the Blades to consider a trade.

Daniel Nugent-Bowman ‏@DNBsports 30m
    Blades are not retaining the services of D David Nemecek, per HC/GM Bob Woods. Nemecek re-enters import draft for 2nd time in as many yrs.

Daniel Nugent-Bowman ‏@DNBsports 26m
    Blades have 9th and 69th picks on Wed. Woods says they might pick twice. Open to trading Scherbak, but only for big return. Story to come.
    Where do people get the idea that NHL teams want their prospects traded from one Jr team to another? This never happens anymore. Its fantasy saying it does. There are teams that would like their players playing Jr instead of say the USHL or high school hockey and for good reason. But they don't ask Jr teams to trade players.

Some NHL teams in the past have sent back top prospects to juniors with the condition that their player be traded to a contending team if the player's original team was rebuilding. It happened with Wacey Rabbit when he was sent back as an overager and it may have happened with Setoguchi as well.

I'm not saying Montreal is going to do that, I just said I was sorta wondering if maybe they have or will. My original post was in response to the tweet I saw where Woods said that he'd consider a trade. After that, I read an article where Bob Woods said that he isn't wanting to move Sherbak now but if a team made a huge offer, he'd consider it. Looking at things now, I imagine Sherbak will be a Blade until at least the deadline. If the Blades aren't going to go anywhere then I'd expect him to be moved which would be the rite thing to do.
    Never happened with either one of them. Wacey was traded at his request to go to a contender, not the Bruins. Think about the last 4 games that Seto played in a Blades uniform and how he disappeared the day after the Blades were eliminated from the playoffs and you'll know why he was sent packing. Again not because San Jose wanted him traded. Any trade requests are player and agent, not the NHL clubs.

You may b right about Wacey though he did tell Molleken he wanted to come back so who knows.

If I'm a NHL GM I'm not sure I'd want to send a high end prospect that's 20 back to a rebuilding team.

You may b right about Wacey though he did tell Molleken he wanted to come back so who knows.

If I'm a NHL GM I'm not sure I'd want to send a high end prospect that's 20 back to a rebuilding team.
    Why not? Its where they are going to get the most ice time and develop, and that's all NHL teams want. I have seen 18 year old draft picks sit on the bench with teams that are loaded with talented 19 and 20 year olds. I would think 25 minutes of ice time on a rebuilding team is better than 8 minutes a night on a contender would be much better.