Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Blades release David Nemecek...

Default Blades release David Nemecek...

may pick two in the import draft since Scherbak is a NHL first round pick. It also sounds like the Blades will entertain offers for Scherbak but would expect a huge return. I'm sorta wondering if the Canadians or his agent have asked the Blades to consider a trade.

Daniel Nugent-Bowman ‏@DNBsports 30m
    Blades are not retaining the services of D David Nemecek, per HC/GM Bob Woods. Nemecek re-enters import draft for 2nd time in as many yrs.

Daniel Nugent-Bowman ‏@DNBsports 26m
    Blades have 9th and 69th picks on Wed. Woods says they might pick twice. Open to trading Scherbak, but only for big return. Story to come.

Not surprising that Nemecek isn't coming back. He was a healthy scratch on more than one occasion. If it was up to me I would pick once and keep Scherbak till closer to the trade deadline just to see where the team is at and then make that move,you might get more for Scherbak at the trade deadline.
    I personally think he will be traded before the deadline.We all know that he won't be back as a 20 year old for any team.

Iconwhl

One wouldn't think there would be a huge value put on Scherbak, yes he is a proven player but I would think more teams would be open to rolling the dice and seeing if they can find their own gem and play the waiting game closer to xmas before pulling a major deal for him.

Not too often there are huge prices paid for euros even top euros like him.

Question on Nemecek for you Blades fans....

Having watched him only play in Regina a few times but never really paying much attention to him besides for his size what does he bring and not bring to the table?

Remember Marcel Noebels? Portland gave up a ton for him (Two 1st round picks and a player) so I don't think it's unrealistic to think that a team may be willing to give up quite a bit for Scherbak who IMO is a better player.

Nemecek didn't bring much of anything IMO, sure he scored a few couple goals but like the previous poster said, Nemecek was often a healthy scratch. This move came as no surprise. Even when they drafted him, a scout told me it was a bad pick and he was right. Blades could've drafted Scherbak in the first round and taken a younger import in the 2nd round.

Even if the Blades don't move Scherbak now, I have a feeling they'll take two imports since they have that option now that they released Nemecek. Take a guy that will come over now and then maybe take a young kid that might not come over now but next year when Scherbak goes on to the pro's.

Iconwhl

Oh I know Trav that there have been cases where a euro has went for a fairly high price..... but I did say this, key words bolded....

Quote Originally Posted by patsdude114 View Post
    Not too often there are huge prices paid for euros even top euros like him.

And also that trade for instance wasn't done in the offseason either, the value for him would go up the closer it got to trade deadline anyways.

Going by a report, the Blades have been talking to Sherbak's agent bout potential imports. Could see another Russian on the team next year.

Wednesday will be interesting to say the least. I actually do see them targeting a forward instead of a d-man, looks like they wanna give their prospects on the blueline a chance to play. Quite frankly, they need more scoring up front.

Iconwhl

Quote Originally Posted by Trav View Post
    Going by a report, the Blades have been talking to Sherbak's agent bout potential imports. Could see another Russian on the team next year.
    I hope we see more Russians in general in our league...our division alone last year had 3 quality Russians in Sherkak, Sleptov & Sinitsyn. I for one would love to see the Pats draft another Russian preferably a forward as well

Why would the Canadiens want him traded to a contender? 1st off, think they would be happy the caliber of coaching the Blades have now! 2nd, why not stay with a team that may not make the playoffs so he can turn pro early & play in Hamilton when the Blades finish the season. Maybe scherbak can help recruit.......can't hurt coming over as an unknown & becoming a 1st rounder in 1 year.

If the Blades aren't going to make the playoffs this year they'd be stupid to keep Scherbak past the deadline. Woods can't make the same mistake as Molleken did when he kept Colten Gillies years ago when he could've gotten something good for him at the deadline. That next season Gillies was gone to the NHL.

The team isn't going to rebound over night, they still need improvements all over.

No disagreeing with trading him........only for the right price & right time. If they are in a high playoff position or combo of low draft pick & 2nd tier player, I personally say no! My only question was why would the Canadiens demand the trade, not really much better option for him or team.