Page 14 of 37 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

Thread: 14-15 Roster

Default completely agree...

Quote Originally Posted by moon View Post
    Erkamps isn't going to be mistaken for a chris Pronger or Scott Stevens anytime soon but he is a usefaul defenseman that can be very productive on a 2nd pairing/PP.

Duke has a lot of talent and if on a real team likely goes much higher in the NHL draft than he did. He will be a great top 6 guy for you contributing at all aspects of the game and likely at top player for the Wheatkings for the next two years. He can make the difference for Brandon being a good team to now a real contender.

Don't worry about garbage comments from bitter fans about "quitting." Both guys did the right thing and only took time off from the team because of the absolute gong show that is going on with the pathetic Gm and Coach. Both guys have great character and are huge additions to any team in the league. To get them for absolutely nothing makes the deal even that much better for Brandon.
    Completely agree - great pick ups for Brandon. And I would think Ahnolt will probably sign now too. Maybe if Brandon throws in a few bags of pucks they can sway Hurricanes to release Jordy Bellerive and other unsigned prospects too...

Don't blame the kids or call them quitters. This team/management/coaching staff quit long ago on them. If they want to make any future in this sport they need to put themselves (and not the crappy team) first..

I wish the 3 players the best of luck.

Oh ya I forgot Anholt who looks better than any of the young guys we have and is likely a better player next year than the 3 lumps of nothing we got back in return combined.

Don't blame the kids or call them quitters. This team/management/coaching staff quit long ago on them. If they want to make any future in this sport they need to put themselves (and not the crappy team) first..
    Word has it on scout's row is that Duke never really progressed. They feel that he would have shown much more improvement if he was not playing for the (and this is their quote) 'gong show'. His agent wants him the hell out of Lethbridge. The Kid is not a baby and this is his career. He felt he was going no where and was not happy in his situation. I hope for his sake he can find his game in Brandon playing 3rd line minutes.

As for the return. In my opinion Pankewicz is raw, but has potential. Just never got enough ice time last year. He needs to play! Witt, to me is the gem. I think this kid could be a top end player. Lingren adds some juice to the front end. I think he could be more consistent for the Hurricanes than Duke was.

I would have said if Lethbridge got a couple of 3rd rounders this would have been an OK trade. But, just player for player? Not a chance.

Erkamps isn't going to be mistaken for a chris Pronger or Scott Stevens anytime soon but he is a useful defenseman that can be very productive on a 2nd pairing/PP.

Duke has a lot of talent and if on a real team likely goes much higher in the NHL draft than he did. He will be a great top 6 guy for you contributing at all aspects of the game and likely a top player for the Wheatkings for the next two years. He can make the difference for Brandon being a good team to now a real contender.

Don't worry about garbage comments from bitter fans about "quitting." Both guys did the right thing and only took time off from the team because of the absolute gong show that is going on with the pathetic Gm and Coach. Both guys have great character and are huge additions to any team in the league. To get them for absolutely nothing makes the deal even that much better for Brandon.
    I do truly feel for the kids playing on this team. Losing, and losing in humiliating fashion cannot be good for their confidence. But, character? That is a load of absolute crap. Quitting on your teammates, your team, and your fans is exactly the opposite of "character". Character is deciding how you will behave when times are good, and especially when times are bad. High-tailling it when adversity comes your way does not show character.

I agree with most of the sentiments being spouted on this site, these kids have it tough with this team, and it very well may affect their careers. However, if all of these players that are leaving, and have left, are truly NHL prospects, as I'm sure their families, their agents and their friends keep telling them, then they will rise to the top no matter where they play. It has been said many times, that good players are noticed no matter what calibre of team they play for, and that, in fact, "impact" players are more highly noticed on lesser teams.

I believe that when you are drafted, you get down on your knees and thank the hockey gods that you are able to play this wonderful game. You show up, you give 110%, and you do what is asked of you. At the end of the day, it is every players' right to refuse services, and to demand a trade. It is also every teams right to trade or not trade players. And, it is every team's right to have players sit until they get a handle on "team" (ala PG's Forsberg)

With that being said, I am absolutely sick about what is happening with this team. It looks like second verse, same as the first from last year. Whatever DB is trying to preach ain't working. But, to encourage kids to walk away from their teammates not only shows a lack of character from us fans, but is almost a sad commentary on what is considered "character" in today's society.
    Better to be smarter than you look than to look smarter than you are....

Quote Originally Posted by TooLoud View Post
    I do truly feel for the kids playing on this team. Losing, and losing in humiliating fashion cannot be good for their confidence. But, character? That is a load of absolute crap. Quitting on your teammates, your team, and your fans is exactly the opposite of "character". Character is deciding how you will behave when times are good, and especially when times are bad. High-tailling it when adversity comes your way does not show character.

I agree with most of the sentiments being spouted on this site, these kids have it tough with this team, and it very well may affect their careers. However, if all of these players that are leaving, and have left, are truly NHL prospects, as I'm sure their families, their agents and their friends keep telling them, then they will rise to the top no matter where they play. It has been said many times, that good players are noticed no matter what calibre of team they play for, and that, in fact, "impact" players are more highly noticed on lesser teams.

I believe that when you are drafted, you get down on your knees and thank the hockey gods that you are able to play this wonderful game. You show up, you give 110%, and you do what is asked of you. At the end of the day, it is every players' right to refuse services, and to demand a trade. It is also every teams right to trade or not trade players. And, it is every team's right to have players sit until they get a handle on "team" (ala PG's Forsberg)

With that being said, I am absolutely sick about what is happening with this team. It looks like second verse, same as the first from last year. Whatever DB is trying to preach ain't working. But, to encourage kids to walk away from their teammates not only shows a lack of character from us fans, but is almost a sad commentary on what is considered "character" in today's society.
    Well said "TooLoad"!!! The unspoken part of today's trade is that clearly, these defecting players are being rewarded for lack of said character! The other unspoken truth is that this franchise is currently unable to teach or develop players, that speaks volumes to other rostered players and drafted (signed or unsigned) prospects! That boils down to coaching, so, if this management/BOD wants to make a real statement regarding the future, then they need to deal with the reality that the current head coach has proven that he is not capable of proper development and the teaching that is required at this level? Make that statement, make a coaching change now and get serious about the future! We have some very good prospects and families that are waiting in the wings to see what is going to be available? There is no way Bellierive signs here under the current conditions and thats not rocket science! Hard to get rid of so called bad apples, when you are creating them...
    Some of us will do our jobs well and some will not. But, we will all be judged by only one thing, the result. - Vincent Lombardy

Can't agree at all Too Loud. If this was Calgary, Brandon, Edmonton etc. then I would have an issue with kids leaving but with the situation in Lethbridge with a coach and GM that are actively ruining kids careers then I support 100% any kid that doesn't want to be in that environment. Good for these kids for not wanting to be in this toxic environment with their hockey careers and enjoyment in the hands of morons who shouldn't be anywhere near a Tyke team let alone a WHL team.

These are character kids and they have all going back to last year made 100% the right decision. The only people that look bad in all this is DB, Robson and the BOD the kids are 100% blame free and doing the exact right thing they should be doing.

Can't agree at all Too Loud. If this was Calgary, Brandon, Edmonton etc. then I would have an issue with kids leaving but with the situation in Lethbridge with a coach and GM that are actively ruining kids careers then I support 100% any kid that doesn't want to be in that environment. Good for these kids for not wanting to be in this toxic environment with their hockey careers and enjoyment in the hands of morons who shouldn't be anywhere near a Tyke team let alone a WHL team.

These are character kids and they have all going back to last year made 100% the right decision. The only people that look bad in all this is DB, Robson and the BOD the kids are 100% blame free and doing the exact right thing they should be doing.
    Again, truer words never spoken! Until this franchise is willing to deal with the real reasons that all of these players (head coach) do not want to play here? You can make as many locker room changes and door postings as you want....until the leadership changes, this trend will only escalate! Give the keys to Maxwell now, get Luko back to coach the D and then watch the the funnel cloud begin to spin... till then, cloudy with possible drizzle is the forecast...more defections to come...
    Some of us will do our jobs well and some will not. But, we will all be judged by only one thing, the result. - Vincent Lombardy

your GM has replaced Lorne as KM's b**ch lol . 3 deals KM wins by a landslide.If this were happening here and it did back 20 yrs ago Id be calling every A hole on the bod sponsors and *****ing loudly. Then I would walk into the team office and one game at a time I would rip up my seasons tickets all 3 of them. if youre really pissed off and are serious get some like minded fans call the media and have a ticket burning protest. this is insane . I wouldnt let a kid of mine sign with this bunch. Im sureparents and agents of any unsigned players are talking with players and agents of former players
    GO WARRIORS GO

Default i like this trade.................

anholt a no show, erkamp a no show,so we get 3 pretty good players for duke....people calling these kids from the Wheaties useless before even seeing what there like should remain silent, duke himself only put up 15 goals last year..most posts from the brandon crew seem positive on our new players...as for the trade itself i'm shocked that the canes fans are shocked we got the sh@t end of the stick again.....I honestly believe this was the best deal out there because the league's gm's look at robson as a complete joke..............
    GO CANES GO.................

Pretty good players?

They have a combined 34 points over their WHL careers and aren't 16 year old prospects with limited time in the WHL to put up points.

Unless Pankewicz is the best defensive defenseman in the league and Kiit and Lindgren are going to shut down the top guys in the league we got back run of the mill replacement level guys for our two best players.

Guys like Kitt/Pankewicz/Lindgren are dime a dozen players you can get from the AJHL or fot late round picks not for top level talent.