Page 28 of 37 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast

Thread: 14-15 Roster

Default i couldn't agree more with you bo................

Quote Originally Posted by Bocephus View Post
    It's a step in the right direction. Whether the future is a private owner or still community owned team the fact that these two were incapable of doing the job and resulted in a complete disservice to the players and the league and are now gone is an absolute blessing.
    I suspect Anholt and Maxwell will steer the ship until the season is over and then hopefully the franchise can move forward at that point.
    I for one applaud the board for finally stepping up and voting last night to make this happen. Hopefully this is progress, for the current players and future players sake.
    today is a good day..............
    GO CANES GO.................

Today was a good day....then

First thought: why are hurricane pressers held in the bowels of the enmax in front of a concrete block wall when there is a new and beautiful lounge setting in the Enmax perfect for situations like this. Anyway...

Second though: bad hire and another contract that will handcuff the books.

Third thought: another lost opportunity to turn the franchise around.

How can they continually not get it right?

Feeling just as disappointed as when the Berehowsky hiring was announced.

Final thought: time to change my footer to the Anholt promise.
    "I promise that we will put an exciting fast paced product on the ice each and every game and bring back the winning tradition to Lethbridge." Berehowsky

Cycle Cycle and then pass it to Michael!

3. Default

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=89

Not exactly an awe inspiring record.. Have read more then one source that says WHL heavily weighed in on hiring/firing situation..

My only question is that if it can get much worse? Guess we are about to find out..

Default Welp....

The Canes can only move up right? It really can't get much worse than it is now. Hopefully they are only putting Anholt in for the rest of the season and then will hire a younger, experienced coach that can work with the kids on this team.

It's been a promising day...but still a lot of gaps to be filled

Quote Originally Posted by lethbridgefan83 View Post
    http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=89

Not exactly an awe inspiring record.. Have read more then one source that says WHL heavily weighed in on hiring/firing situation..

My only question is that if it can get much worse? Guess we are about to find out..
    So terrible. Ugh
    "I promise that we will put an exciting fast paced product on the ice each and every game and bring back the winning tradition to Lethbridge." Berehowsky

Not that I disagree with the firings, but could the Hurricanes board have timed things any worse? Just before Christmas is a terrible time for someone to be handed their walking papers. Guess at this point we really shouldn't expect anything less from this organization. Once again the Hurricanes are the laughing stock of the CHL.

Quote Originally Posted by Oilersguy View Post
    Not that I disagree with the firings, but could the Hurricanes board have timed things any worse? Just before Christmas is a terrible time for someone to be handed their walking papers. Guess at this point we really shouldn't expect anything less from this organization. Once again the Hurricanes are the laughing stock of the CHL.

There is a rumor that some players would not return after the xmas break if change was not made. And it was even mentioned in Paisley's presser that he wanted it to be a different feeling for the boys when they return from xmas. Nobody was happy.. time for things to change. It's a start.

Quote Originally Posted by Bocephus View Post
    Second though: bad hire and another contract that will handcuff the books.
    I think he was doing seasonal work at a golf course prior to this, and hasn't coached in almost a decade, so I can't imagine that they broke the bank on this one. I do understand your apprehension though. He takes in almost every Rebel training camp, and my blood runs cold every time I see him shooting the breeze with the Rebel brass. If it weren't for Rick Carrier, Anholt would easily be the worst Rebel coach of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by SectionNDeserter View Post
    I think he was doing seasonal work at a golf course prior to this, and hasn't coached in almost a decade, so I can't imagine that they broke the bank on this one. I do understand your apprehension though. He takes in almost every Rebel training camp, and my blood runs cold every time I see him shooting the breeze with the Rebel brass. If it weren't for Rick Carrier, Anholt would easily be the worst Rebel coach of all time.
    Well he is following the Hurricanes worst coach of all time. If he wants that title he has his work cut out for him.

This hire tells me exactly how serious the Canes are about being a model franchise that competes for league Championships.

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyfan42 View Post
    There is a rumor that some players would not return after the xmas break if change was not made. And it was even mentioned in Paisley's presser that he wanted it to be a different feeling for the boys when they return from xmas. Nobody was happy.. time for things to change. It's a start.
    I wonder if one of those players was Jamal Watson. I watched him play against the Rebels the other night and he looked completely disinterested in anything and spent the entire game cherry picking for breakaways and never skated below the defensive hash marks all night.