Page 29 of 37 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast

Thread: 14-15 Roster

Icon34

Quote Originally Posted by Oilersguy View Post
    I wonder if one of those players was Jamal Watson. I watched him play against the Rebels the other night and he looked completely disinterested in anything and spent the entire game cherry picking for breakaways and never skated below the defensive hash marks all night.
    That can't possibly be true. BR had said repeatedly that every player wanted to be here. Are you suggesting the truth was fudged? Are you possibly insinuating that he was promised the captaincy in order to have him return for this season instead of staying home like Erkamps did?
    Just spit balling.
    "I promise that we will put an exciting fast paced product on the ice each and every game and bring back the winning tradition to Lethbridge." Berehowsky

Cycle Cycle and then pass it to Michael!

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Oilersguy View Post
    Not that I disagree with the firings, but could the Hurricanes board have timed things any worse? Just before Christmas is a terrible time for someone to be handed their walking papers. Guess at this point we really shouldn't expect anything less from this organization. Once again the Hurricanes are the laughing stock of the CHL.
    Far as I understand because DB and BR both have Contracts, they get paid until they find gainful employment elsewhere and are released from those contracts, someone can correct me if I am wrong there. But if I am right they were both just handed an extended paid Christmas Holiday, and we seriously cant be saying that the writing wasn't on the wall here for both of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Bocephus View Post
    That can't possibly be true. BR had said repeatedly that every player wanted to be here. Are you suggesting the truth was fudged? Are you possibly insinuating that he was promised the captaincy in order to have him return for this season instead of staying home like Erkamps did?
    Just spit balling.
    Watson was given captaincy because he earned it playing for the Hurricanes. He never complained and never asked for a trade and stuck it out all those loosing years. He has been there since 16 year's old

Default doesn't matter if watson..............

wanted out or not, with this change he is on the block sooner that later along with jones and walters...the thing that will be more important going forward is how well he does in the gm chair..coaching at this point is not important, the season is done with a team with little talent...making smart move to improve the future will make or break us....the one thing I get from anholt is he is no pushover like BR was...........
    GO CANES GO.................

This team currently has 4 or 5 to many players which means that there are to many sitting each night? As the assist GM since June, Anholt likely has a pretty good idea which roster moves need to be made, with the trade deadline coming 10Jan and the trade moratorium from 15Dec till 26Dec (no trades allowed over the Christmas break) there could be some moves made by Sunday and if not something will happen immediately after? One would have to think that he will want to get an 18 or 19 and some picks for the future? Really hope things will calm down now and that the players that are here can experience some new hope for their futures? The good thing is that Anholt know the players, knows the league and is well respected by the other GM's. No matter what, some kind of change was needed and kudos to Paisley for recognizing this need and having the nads to execute it. Rome wasn't built in a day, so being patient now is what everyone has to do...
    Some of us will do our jobs well and some will not. But, we will all be judged by only one thing, the result. - Vincent Lombardy

Default one more thing...............

wasn;t sure if posted or not but on drinnan site anholt said'' : “I've committed to come for this (season). We'll see when this (season) is done whether they want me or I want them. I'm focused on the now."...might not be great for a stability thing but I love this...finally there are two people using that brain in their heads for once..instead of locking in another 2/3 year contract and finding out after the 1st season that it was a massive mistake AGAIN, let just play it by ear until march and see how it goes...........wow i'm really starting to like this paisley guy...........

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by shushu View Post
    wasn;t sure if posted or not but on drinnan site anholt said'' : “I've committed to come for this (season). We'll see when this (season) is done whether they want me or I want them. I'm focused on the now."...might not be great for a stability thing but I love this...finally there are two people using that brain in their heads for once..instead of locking in another 2/3 year contract and finding out after the 1st season that it was a massive mistake AGAIN, let just play it by ear until march and see how it goes...........wow i'm really starting to like this paisley guy...........
    I don't presume there was a choice. 108 to Luke. Probably 80 to a 100 to DB. 150 to Robson. On the hook for a ton. Paisle giving it a good shot, but his name is not Art, as in How Great Though Art.

Let's not ignore the other story this week... the Canes battled Kelowna all the way to a shootout AND (even more significantly) limited the Rockets to under 30 shots... Drake's systems couldn't hold ANY team to under 30 shots, then Maxwell and Craig make a couple defensive changes and achieve it in one game.

Great job to the players AND to Maxie and Craig for keeping them focused this week... hopefully Anholt will let Maxie have more control of the bench because the players truly respect him and will definitely "go to war" for him.

PS: No disrespect to Twister... but the Canes may finally have elected a Club President with more hockey IQ than Twister...

Default well said................

Quote Originally Posted by canes77 View Post
    Let's not ignore the other story this week... the Canes battled Kelowna all the way to a shootout AND (even more significantly) limited the Rockets to under 30 shots... Drake's systems couldn't hold ANY team to under 30 shots, then Maxwell and Craig make a couple defensive changes and achieve it in one game.

Great job to the players AND to Maxie and Craig for keeping them focused this week... hopefully Anholt will let Maxie have more control of the bench because the players truly respect him and will definitely "go to war" for him.

PS: No disrespect to Twister... but the Canes may finally have elected a Club President with more hockey IQ than Twister...
    that's my point, if DB was the cause of all this discontent and BR was the root of all evil amongst this team, for a lack of better terms..how long does the fans of this club say no thank you to canes hockey....long enough for the club to role the dice on private owners and if then does the club remains in town..and yes I know the BOD would love to make all of us believe if the team would move to private ownership ITS GONE ....in the long run the WHL would make that decision..ive been posting on this site for a long time along with whiteboard and the old greyboard...so my question is how long does anyone on this site plan on taking this battle to the grave, until new ownership take control, until the current management get their **** in order...this is a question I would LOVE to here the answer....loudi94, localguy,bo,HR,blacksheep,longrun,canes77,sid75,le thbridgefan83,cane train,hockeyfan42,oilersguy all of you...is it you could care a less if we have major jrs hockey in town or are rollin the dice on new owners because your beyond tired or the Status quo............

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by shushu View Post
    that's my point, if DB was the cause of all this discontent and BR was the root of all evil amongst this team, for a lack of better terms..how long does the fans of this club say no thank you to canes hockey....long enough for the club to role the dice on private owners and if then does the club remains in town..and yes I know the BOD would love to make all of us believe if the team would move to private ownership ITS GONE ....in the long run the WHL would make that decision..ive been posting on this site for a long time along with whiteboard and the old greyboard...so my question is how long does anyone on this site plan on taking this battle to the grave, until new ownership take control, until the current management get their **** in order...this is a question I would LOVE to here the answer....loudi94, localguy,bo,HR,blacksheep,longrun,canes77,sid75,le thbridgefan83,cane train,hockeyfan42,oilersguy all of you...is it you could care a less if we have major jrs hockey in town or are rollin the dice on new owners because your beyond tired or the Status quo............
    The WHL needs Lethbridge due to its central location and overnight point for east/west and west/east travel. That is the party line. They schedule this way. Lethbridge doesn't need the WHL as has been proven in the past with the Broncos and is being proven again with the Canes. Lethbridge would support a decent AJHL team playing out of the Enmax where expenses are not so high. As to your mention about whether we want the Canes to stay or leave personally I just want a team I can watch without the sideshow Bob entertainment package. The dub is a three year cycle not 35.
    Been waiting 6 or 7 years now. Enough!!! Several previously dedicated fans have said the same, enough, not watching, not going, don't give two rips. Personally it is not going to make one wiff of a difference whether it is private owner or community based. The problem is it will take another three years to turn this around, private or community. If there is anyone private that has the franchise fee (reportedly around 9 mil) and willing to suffer losses of 2-300 k for 3 years bring em on. They will never recoup their investment plain and simple. Private ownership may be another pipe dream by the faithful 1600 season ticket holders. My spidy sense says even the most flush private wants to make money. They have the money because they don't do deals like this one would require. Facts of life for a Cane fan. If you disagree please name the private saviour that you have in mind. Remember once private, they can take it to Timbuktu and there is dick all we can do about it. It would be their money and they could do as they please. As a community and shareholder we have a say. A hell of deal will have to be cut for a private owner to come in here and that is not beyond the dub to arrange that. Wishful thinking? Maybe, maybe not.