Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: 14-15 Roster

Quote Originally Posted by here for the long run View Post
    Really hope so! I would assume Maxwell will but heads with Drake. Dont think Drake will last long. Good to see some experience back in the front office and coaching staff.
    The hiring of both Anholt and Maxwell are very meaningful and significant for this franchise! Me thinks that Robson and Berehowski have been skating in circles and the ice has become very thin for them on that path...there is now a wealth of experience for both to draw from, if they continue on with the arrogance that plagued them last season, they will fall through into the abyss, if they are smart and listen to the voices of experience there is potential to succeed, if not, could very well be that the replacements are already in the house!
    Some of us will do our jobs well and some will not. But, we will all be judged by only one thing, the result. - Vincent Lombardy

Quote Originally Posted by Bocephus View Post
    Bryan Maxwell returning to canes as an assistant.
    I predict that Maxy takes over for a canned DB before the season ends.
    Nothing would make us happier Bocephus. DB is an arrogant jerk who never did stand up and accept any responsibility for last seasons debacle. I have ZERO respect for him as a coach.

So the direction had been youthfull, enthusiasm, relateable.... I know it didn't work with the guys they had but I belive it is the right direction. Now two guys have been hired who are as old as these kids' Grandparents. if it were 1994 having Anholt and Maxwell would be a really good thing; but it is 2014.... Bryan Maxwell is nobody to these kids. It would not be an understatement to say the game has passed these guys by.

There are great hockey coaches all over this country, Maxie hasn't coached in nearly 10 years... Now I do realize fans WILL turn out to see him behind the bench but once they've done it one time, that'll be it. Heck I saw Parry Shockey golfing at Henderson, maybe they should sign him to coach as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Sutton View Post
    So the direction had been youthfull, enthusiasm, relateable.... I know it didn't work with the guys they had but I belive it is the right direction. Now two guys have been hired who are as old as these kids' Grandparents. if it were 1994 having Anholt and Maxwell would be a really good thing; but it is 2014.... Bryan Maxwell is nobody to these kids. It would not be an understatement to say the game has passed these guys by.

There are great hockey coaches all over this country, Maxie hasn't coached in nearly 10 years... Now I do realize fans WILL turn out to see him behind the bench but once they've done it one time, that'll be it. Heck I saw Parry Shockey golfing at Henderson, maybe they should sign him to coach as well.
    They probably will. While hey are at it, how aboug Michael J Fox and Christopher Lloyd. Lol

Default if anyone wants a good laugh.............

listen to the interview on pat site from db, he down plays Maxwell experience by saying that he has 8 year of training in the coaching world so it will be nice to have bryan on board but............what an arrogant pile of sh#t, that 8 years didn't get him to far last year...it not hard to see that as a fellow poster said earlier on that him and robson are surrounding them self with competent people to make them look better than they are..here's hope'n bryan can adapt to the new game and send the eastern jackass back home..............
    GO CANES GO.................

6. Default

Fair point. If the organization wanted to do the correct thing they would have fired Drake and replaced him with a new “youthfull, enthusiasm, relateable” head coach.
    Anholt is the assistant GM and I don’t care how old he is. The more connections and time spent in the Whl the better.
    I like the Maxwell hire as a fall back and I also believe he will be able to relate to the kids more than the youthful Drake. Learning systems and adapting to the new game is a lot easier than learning how to connect, motivate and develop. Not so sure Drake did any of the later or is even capable.
    I also don’t know how many good, young coaches with aspirations of moving on would want to sign on with Drake. I would think most would question why Brad L quit. To me it would be career suicide.

Quote Originally Posted by here for the long run View Post
    Fair point. If the organization wanted to do the correct thing they would have fired Drake and replaced him with a new “youthfull, enthusiasm, relateable” head coach.
    Anholt is the assistant GM and I don’t care how old he is. The more connections and time spent in the Whl the better.
    I like the Maxwell hire as a fall back and I also believe he will be able to relate to the kids more than the youthful Drake. Learning systems and adapting to the new game is a lot easier than learning how to connect, motivate and develop. Not so sure Drake did any of the later or is even capable.
    I also don’t know how many good, young coaches with aspirations of moving on would want to sign on with Drake. I would think most would question why Brad L quit. To me it would be career suicide.

If we had a crystal ball and could look into the future, I see Maxwell taking over for DB part way through this year and then that would allow Robson to hire a new YOUNG coach to assist Maxwell. The new young coach would be prepared to come in and learn from Maxwell with the assumption and agreement that he would take over a year or so later...

And to agree with shushu, the interview with DB on Pat's blog was ridiculous. It gives the impression that DB has no intentions of working with Maxwell, and just tried to pump up his own feathers. He seems the type to me that fears working with someone with more experience and success.

Just my .02

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyfan42 View Post
    If we had a crystal ball and could look into the future, I see Maxwell taking over for DB part way through this year and then that would allow Robson to hire a new YOUNG coach to assist Maxwell. The new young coach would be prepared to come in and learn from Maxwell with the assumption and agreement that he would take over a year or so later...

And to agree with shushu, the interview with DB on Pat's blog was ridiculous. It gives the impression that DB has no intentions of working with Maxwell, and just tried to pump up his own feathers. He seems the type to me that fears working with someone with more experience and success.

Just my .02
    DB managed to get Lukowich out because he was a threat to him, I highly doubt that will ever be allowed to take place with Maxwell, if there becomes a conflict of any type, DB will be the odd man out one would have to think?
    Some of us will do our jobs well and some will not. But, we will all be judged by only one thing, the result. - Vincent Lombardy

My crystal ball says this will end badly for one or more persons. Should the head coach not be the one hiring his assistants?? There seems to be a trust/ disconnect between BR and DB (and for good reason).

I remember back when Maxy was let go, how polarized the fans were. However, looking back his departure was the start of the turmoil and turnover era, which is where we find the club now. Stocker, Stasiuk, Preston, Robson. Hofford, Miko, Theoret, Dyck, Preston, DB. There needs to be stability, I don't see Maxwell as the long term solution to anything.

My crystal ball says this will end badly for one or more persons. Should the head coach not be the one hiring his assistants?? There seems to be a trust/ disconnect between BR and DB (and for good reason).

I remember back when Maxy was let go, how polarized the fans were. However, looking back his departure was the start of the turmoil and turnover era, which is where we find the club now. Stocker, Stasiuk, Preston, Robson. Hofford, Miko, Theoret, Dyck, Preston, DB. There needs to be stability, I don't see Maxwell as the long term solution to anything.
    LOL...I think there is a major trust/disconnect between DB and pretty much everyone else, the team was worse at the end of the season than it was at the start last year, the players were taught nothing other than how to be humiliated, they took the brunt of the criticism from both DB and the fans, DB has YET to acknowledge any responsibility for what took place last year? So the players will have a hard time TRUSTING and if things remain as they were and the players are forced to pick up where they left off, then the DISCONNECTING and DEFECTING will begin! As Robison said, the management and leadership of this franchise must be better before things will turn around? Likely the only thing keeping DB here is his contract because it certainly isn't success in winning or even competing....