Page 33 of 37 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 ... LastLast

Thread: 14-15 Roster

Quote Originally Posted by sid75 View Post
    Guess you can slice it and dice it any way you want...but when you have a company that has no money, makes no money, has the debt load this one has and no one wants to work for your company. Then your company is pretty much worthless in the state it is in! The only thing that will stop the imminent sale of this team, is an arrogant attitude by its shareholders now! I believe that the reality is that this company cannot financially sustain itself until the next AGM and I also do not believe that the new board was left with nearly enough from the last board to have any real chance of pulling this thing out of the inferno now! If McNaughton would have listened to the Commish at last spring's city council address and improved the management/leadership to start this current season, likely we would have been in a much better position than we are now and possibly some of the now departed players would still be here. If there is any possibility at all for the sale of this team, it would nothing but foolish for any board member or shareholder to stand in the way!!!
    It appears there is one large gap between opinion and fact (reality)

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by blacksheep View Post
    It appears there is one large gap between opinion and fact (reality)
    How would Lethbridge get the AJHL team you want? What would have to happen to the Hurricanes since they can’t sell without the proper protocol?
    Would you advise on having the AJHL team run under the same “Charity run” community owned umbrella?

Quote Originally Posted by here for the long run View Post
    How would Lethbridge get the AJHL team you want? What would have to happen to the Hurricanes since they can’t sell without the proper protocol?
    Would you advise on having the AJHL team run under the same “Charity run” community owned umbrella?
    You misunderstood. If the Canes leave the city would be primo for an AJHL team. You should go watch Brooks and some of the others sometimes, pretty good to watch. The franchise fee is a lot lower and the lineup would be around the block to put one here. Have had many discussions to this effect. Always options. They stay and survive or the don't and they leave. It is up to the product and the fan support. Neither of which they have now save a handful of players. Like I said a couple more wins after xmas and 500 by mid Feb (we hope in our Christmas wishes) and all this bs will go away.

Default Anholt

A great quote by Anholt from the StarPhoenix paper:

“The first priority is our players,” said Anholt. “We have to be mindful of that, that our current players are our biggest and best assets. They’re No. 1 and I think that has been lost a little bit here.

“It’s time for the staff of the Lethbridge Hurricanes to quit blaming the players and look at ourselves a little bit closer."

“It’s hard enough to win in this league when things are right. It’s impossible to win when things aren’t. That’s generated from the top on down.”

That hi-lighted sentence so describes DB to a tee.
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.

Default paisley already said.................

Quote Originally Posted by sid75 View Post
    Guess you can slice it and dice it any way you want...but when you have a company that has no money, makes no money, has the debt load this one has and no one wants to work for your company. Then your company is pretty much worthless in the state it is in! The only thing that will stop the imminent sale of this team, is an arrogant attitude by its shareholders now! I believe that the reality is that this company cannot financially sustain itself until the next AGM and I also do not believe that the new board was left with nearly enough from the last board to have any real chance of pulling this thing out of the inferno now! If McNaughton would have listened to the Commish at last spring's city council address and improved the management/leadership to start this current season, likely we would have been in a much better position than we are now and possibly some of the now departed players would still be here. If there is any possibility at all for the sale of this team, it would nothing but foolish for any board member or shareholder to stand in the way!!!
    if there isn't 500 to 700 more butts in the seats this team is done by spring money wise..........
    GO CANES GO.................

God I hope they don't think bringing an AJHL team is a good idea or close to a replacement for the WHL.

If people aren't interested in the WHL why would they go out for the garbage that is the AJHL?

Maybe if games were free and beer was a buck, but at least the WHL has some name recognition/cache. The AJHL is no better than Midget AAA which is why it is mainly in small towns with nothing else going on.

Quote Originally Posted by moon View Post
    God I hope they don't think bringing an AJHL team is a good idea or close to a replacement for the WHL.

If people aren't interested in the WHL why would they go out for the garbage that is the AJHL?

Maybe if games were free and beer was a buck, but at least the WHL has some name recognition/cache. The AJHL is no better than Midget AAA which is why it is mainly in small towns with nothing else going on.
    Brooks 15000, Ft Mac, 100000, Grand Prairie 60k, Ft Sask, 22k, Okotoks 24k, Vernon 58.5k, Calgary 1.2 mil. Small town and Bush league for sure. That is just to name of few.
    Actually you have it exactly backwards. The AJHL has six overage positions and horror of horrors most come from the Dub. For good measure just checking one team in the BCJHL they have 11 players on the current roster committed to Division 1 teams of the NCAA next year. I know I know, anything but the Dub is bush league. Line up a couple of games between the Bandits and the Canes and we can settle this. lol
    Last edited by blacksheep; 12-19-2014 at 01:14 PM. Reason: more info

Brooks, Drumheller, Okotoks, Olds, Drayton Valley, Canmore, Camrose, Bonneyville, Spruce Grove, Sherwood Park, Whitecourt.

The vast majority of the teams in the AJHL are in markets much, much smaller than Lethbridge and the others (GP/Fort Mac) are rumoured to be looking to move up to the WHL or (Calgary) have a spotty history of keeping teams (ie Royals changing to Mustangs).

There is zero reason for a city like Lethbridge to be downgrading to the AJHL from the WHL.

I have watched the Bandits in past years when they were basically undefeated in the AJHL and they would get whopped by the pathetic Canes. They had former WHL guys who were washouts like the great Mark Renners.

Anyways no reason to worry about the AJHL because it makes no sense for the WHL to give up the Lethbridge market.

Brooks, Drumheller, Okotoks, Olds, Drayton Valley, Canmore, Camrose, Bonneyville, Spruce Grove, Sherwood Park, Whitecourt.

The vast majority of the teams in the AJHL are in markets much, much smaller than Lethbridge and the others (GP/Fort Mac) are rumoured to be looking to move up to the WHL or (Calgary) have a spotty history of keeping teams (ie Royals changing to Mustangs).

There is zero reason for a city like Lethbridge to be downgrading to the AJHL from the WHL.

I have watched the Bandits in past years when they were basically undefeated in the AJHL and they would get whopped by the pathetic Canes. They had former WHL guys who were washouts like the great Mark Renners.

Anyways no reason to worry about the AJHL because it makes no sense for the WHL to give up the Lethbridge market.
    And Canadian Jr A player of the year Cam MaClise who tallied 8 points in a season for the UNB. The league is pretty decent but far below the level of the WHL, just not nearly as fast. Scholarships are good and all but a full ride to a Div 1 is pretty rare for any AJHL player.

WHL is not going anywhere! Players that play Jr A, play for different reasons, many have academic aspirations which cannot be pursued in the CHL. Might not be this franchise that remains here, but there will be a WHL team here, you can count on that! Some WHL players choose to finish their final season or so there, because they can play on contending teams and have some fun? Wouldn't surprise me if a few Canes players are at home considering that over the Christmas break, as it is probably hard to come back to Lethbridge knowing that there is no opportunity for any playoff games again this season? Remaining in Lethbridge likely cost a few players pro opportunities, but at least they cannot be called quitters! Have a great Christmas everyone!
    Some of us will do our jobs well and some will not. But, we will all be judged by only one thing, the result. - Vincent Lombardy