Thread: 2014/15 Roster or rooster (inside joke)

Hybrid View

Default 2014/15 Roster or rooster (inside joke)

Six weeks today to the start of training camp so thought I would start the disscussion.
    First a lot depends on the long term plan of the new ownership and the philosity and playing style of the new coaches, so this is a start and not cast in stone only a starting point.
    The new ownership is very interested to bid to host the 2019 Memorial Cup and I think the direction will be to build for thr 2017/18 and 2018/19 seasons and they will need to have some 2019 and 2020 draft picks as assets if needed to bolster the 2018/19 roster.
    Now for the 2014/15 roster and IMO they will go young
    Goal Wapple and (Brown or Chapman) Fuhr is the same age as Wapple. We have kept 2 19 year old tenders in the past but I don't think this year
    Defence; I am assuming Sinitsyn will be back so Sinitsyn, Zborovsky (if the visas work out) Burroughs, Williams (could be traded if Schoiler and Koberstein commit) Schioler, Koberstein, Harrison, Reagan, I also like Kallis (not showy but competes) and Freadrich there is some room for a trade or two to recoup some draft picks or some forwards.
    Forwards Assume Chandler S will not be back: Klimchuk,Hansen,Christoffer, Zimmer D'Amico, Wagner, Gay, Steel, Hunt, Rykr Cole, Jacob Elmer, Luc Smith, Colton Kroeker, Brady Third??, That too leaves some room for trades.
    The 20 would be Sinitsyn D'Amico and Christoffer ( I like his husle and compete so McViegh is the odd man out.
    I am sure I missed someone and there will be different opinions so let the disscussion begin!!

It's time for a new thread and the content is on point. I completely agree that until the new HC is chosen, trades and acquisitions are difficult to make. Most guys would like to have some input as to what type of player they need to fit in the system they play.

Defense: I think you might pencil Schacher into a spot since they gave up two draft picks to get him. If back Sinitsyn, Zbrovsky, Burroughs, Reagan should be locks. Next up Schacher, Schoiler(if they can sign him) and one of the remaining young guys. That should be your 7 d-men. Schoiler is a 2nd round top prospect and to not get him would be a real set back. D-trades: I see Williams, Mumby, Harrison? as possible bait to recover draft picks for our 2015 draft which is seriously empty.

Forwards: pretty much anybody's guess. I think they hold on to Klimchuk until at least trade deadline (higher return) and I think Steel needs skilled guy to work with initially. I think Kroeker and Smith are shoe-ins being 6'4" centre men. There are a lot of young guys and they can't all make it. There could be some surprising trades of veteran guys.

Overages: Sinitsyn, Christopher, McVeigh? I love D'Amico but with Lang saying he was looking at McVeigh to be a big scorer who knows? I really think if they go young they need a tough dude more than a 20 year old scorer. We need a policeman desperately.

Goalies: Wapple for sure. Brown and Chapman will fight it out for the backup

Imports: Sinitsyn and Zbrovsky. 6'5" d-men don't grow on trees and it helps address their desire to get bigger on the back end. Kammerer has shown flashes of brilliance here and there, but I think he is in tough. We have a lot of extra young talented forwards who will be fighting to stay.

The one thing that becomes obvious is that we have some depth in some positions which should allow us to recoup draft picks we dearly need. Strange surprises always happen in terms of trades, and I'm sure they will happen again this season.

Iconwhl my view of the upcoming Rooster

BLUE makes team
    RED trade bait/released
    GREEN midget/ Jr. A
    BLACK bubble player
    **anyone I didn't list I really don't think has a chance at making it this year which results in midget or Jr. A duty**

2014-15 REGINA PATS

GOALTENDERS
    Daniel Wapple
    Tyler Fuhr
    Tyler Brown
    Kurtis Chapman **midget seems best for him to get tons of minutes and improve against his peers, but if he out plays Brown by a lot then you have to keep him**

DEFENSEMEN
    Dmitry Sinitsyn
    Kyle Burroughs
    Isaac Schacher
    Brady Reagan
    Sergey Zborovsky
    Nikolas Koberstein **if MTL assigns him here**
    Brady Pouteau **makes it if Schioler isn't here**
    Liam Schioler **if he signs he is a roster player**
    Colby Williams
    Chase Harrison **I like Harrison's game but he could be the odd man out if the right things happen (see a few lines down)**
    Tye Hand
    Griffin Mumby **traded if someone wants a body**
    Jared Freadrich

FORWARDS
    Morgan Klimchuk **will be traded at some point and I believe it will be before the WJ camp in Dec**
    Logan McVeigh **he will be Klimchuk's center until he is traded then it opens the door for McVeigh to be moved to improve another teams 20yr olds**
    Rylee Zimmer
    Austin Wagner
    Connor Gay
    Dryden Hunt
    Sam Steel
    Luc Smith
    Jacob Elmer
    Colton Kroeker
    Jared McAmmond
    Adam Berg
    Carter Hansen **not sure he is worth taking ice time away from younger guys**
    Patrick D'Amico
    Braden Christoffer
    Adam Brooks **im not sold on Brooks yet, hes part of that suspect draft of Lang's first here (pretty sure it was his 1st draft here anyways**
    Rykr Cole
    Riley Woods
    Maximilian Kammerer **only makes this team if Sinitsyn isn't returned**
    Dane Schioler **I don't see Schioler making it unless he shows a willingness to be physical & drop the mits but also being able to win fights too**

Guys like Williams and Harrison I believe should be able to recoup some picks we traded away the past few seasons. If Williams gets out of the gate strong a legit playoff contending team im sure will contact about his services, as he is not a terrible defenseman by any means & he did start to find his offensive game. He would be a very solid #3/4 Dman on a playoff type team. Could see Hansen moved to the same type of a team as he is a big body who gets in on the forecheck well. Im also not sold that we are going to use all (3) 20yr old spots, and not sure if any teams around will give up a 5th to 8th rd pick on Christoffer &/or D'Amico if it wasn't for their age of 20 they would easily be roster players in the league.

Default Pats Players/Prospects

Looks like you are taking all guys from last season. The young players were not even dressed for the entire season and you think they developed that much wow. Remember if your not playing your not developing and this is why players are in AHL vs NHL. The pennant winners were knocked out by the Wheat Kings in the playoffs. Give your head a shake there will be changes.....did you not see the coaching staff realistically released!

There is a plan in place and changes coming!

D SPOTS OUTLOOK:
    Dmitry Sinitsyn LOCK
    Kyle Burroughs LOCK
    Colby Williams LOCK
    Nikolas Koberstein LOCK **if HABS assigns him here
    Sergey Zborovsky LOCK
    Isaac Schacher
    Brady Reagan LOCK
    Brady Pouteau
    Liam Schioler is going NCAA get over it
    Chase Harrison
    Tye Hand
    Griffin Mumby
    Jared Freadrich

FORWARDS OUTLOOK & COULD see some package deals go down
    Morgan Klimchuk-LOCK
    Dryden Hunt-LOCK
    Rykr Cole-LOCK
    Sam Steel-LOCK
    Braden Christoffer-RELEASED-TRADED
    Logan McVeigh-LOCK-TRADE
    Patrick D'Amico-RELEASED TRADED
    Austin Wagner-LOCK
    Dane Schioler-TRADED
    Adam Brooks-TRADED
    Rylee Zimmer
    Connor Gay
    Luc Smith
    Jacob Elmer
    Colton Kroeker
    Jared McAmmond
    Adam Berg
    Carter Hansen
    Riley Woods
    Maximilian Kammerer-RELEASED

Iconwhl

how is your list any different then mine lmao

the only difference is you think there is trade value in Adam Brooks and Dane Schioler which there would be very little value in either player be lucky to get a 6th rd pick for either guy 4th at the most. Brooks is too small to compete he does not play bigger then he is and Dane cant skate for today's game.

Isaac Schacher will make this team as well as we lack size on the back end and he does have some toughness in him as we did see a couple times last season he just needs to bring it on a more consistent basis.

But your list is the same as mine we are not going to have a huge turn over but like every junior team there is always 5-10 rookies just the way junior hockey works.

"Shooter" its good to list all the players but the Pats can not carry 22 forwards and 13 d-men. The point of the thread is to narrow it down to the for sure, the bubble, and the also rans. not just the for sure.
    It looks like everyons (for sure) list is much the same.
    I agree with PD114 Brooks and D Schioler we would be hard pressed to recoup any draft picks.

PS hope you are wrong on L Schioler.

Default 2014 rooster

What the pats need is coaches......4 weeks to go and still no coach

I was at spring camp and noticed the pats have lots of size on defense.
    Freadrick isnt very big and based on comments that they want to go with size and young players he will have a tough time making the lineup.
    Brady Pouteau and list players, Krushen and Lovell are big (6'2") and can move the puck and have good speed.
    Krushen had the only hit in all the drills and seems to be very solid. He was at rookie camp last year as an invite and made main camp.

It will be interesting to see out of those three who has worked hard during the off season and is ready to step up at camp this august. It will come down to game play and how they handle themselves with the vets.

"TH1965"hope this works
    /smallatlarge.blogspot.ca/
    here is a kid on PA's list look at the stats
    Josh Maser Left Wing 6'0", 185 lb
    2014-15 age: 15 Acquired: 2014 4th round bantam pick
    GP G A Pts PIM
    Penticton Vees (OMAHA AAA bantam) 61 72 55 127 70
    Stars (B.C. U16 Cup) 4 1 0 1 0

Maser has signed a WHL education contract

I watched James Hilsendager at the combine in Sherwood Park in June. He is over 6' and 190 lbs. He was game star in 2 of the 3 showcase games.

At training camp last year I sat with his father at two sessions and he was a very nice man with down to earth expectations for James. If son is like father should be great lad to have on the team as a person. With size and skill not a bad late draft.