Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 2014/15 Roster or rooster (inside joke)

just my 2 cents....

I think that Brooks has some good skills. Skating was never an issue. I liked his game after Christmas. His compete level increased. now, he just has to bring that compete every shift. If he can figure that out, I think he can be a productive player.

Reagan will be a bigger piece of the puzzle this year. The coaching staff was bringing him along slowly last year. Just when you would expect his minutes to start to increase (Jan) he got sick (I think it was Mono) and he was out of the lineup for a month and never really recovered. I think he adds needed size and a bit of grit to the backend.

Can the Pats afford to have 2 Euros on the backend???

I think that D'Amico brings a little more team wise than McVeigh. McVeigh was brought in last year to help up the middle and with face offs. Couldn't win a face off and didn't have the work ethic to be a center.

Koberstein was a later draft. IMO the Habs would deal with him as more of a 'project' and would be open to the NCAA route (if he chooses).

I have been told that L Schioler is keeping his options open for the NCAA route. He hasn't made a decision one way or the other. If he does choose the Pats, it will be a much needed upgrade to the backend. This kid is elite talent!!

I always worry about Hunt. He is always one hit away from ending his career. He plays like a bulldog and continuously puts himself in some dangerous positions. Part of me admires his bulldogness and part of me worries about the big hit.

Can Klimchuk make is own offense??

Can Steel step in and contribute right away?

I like Harrison. He plays within himself. Not flashy, decent puck mover. there's has to be a place for him somewhere (or a value for him)

Trading D. Schioler?? He still has to prove he can play in the league before there would be a value for him.

Default PLAYER STATS

REGINA PATS STATS REMINDER 2013-2014- not including playoffs

Chandler Stephenson C 69 30 59 89 +27
    26 Dyson Stevenson RW 66 38 38 76 +23
    18 Morgan Klimchuk LW 57 30 44 74 +26
    20 Boston Leier LW 65 33 39 72 +5
    6 Dmitry Sinitsyn D 69 10 34 44 +5
    32 Connor Gay RW 61 19 24 43 +13
    29 Dryden Hunt C 62 21 19 40 -3
    4 Kyle Burroughs D 58 8 32 40 +14
    44 Jesse Zgraggen D 70 5 32 37 +26
    23 Braden Christoffer LW 61 13 22 35 -1
    5 Colby Williams D 66 9 23 32 0
    9 Logan McVeigh C 67 11 15 26 +2
    25 Patrick D'Amico C 48 6 18 24 +8
    15 Carter Hansen RW 70 8 3 11 -10
    10 Adam Brooks C 60 4 7 11 -9
    28 Isaac Schacher D 60 1 8 9 +22
    36 Chase Harrison D 42 0 8 8 +11
    3 Stephen Hak D 16 0 5 5 0 7 0 0
    3 Griffin Mumby D 55 1 3 4 0
    21 Maximilian Kammerer LW 40 1 2 3 -7
    27 Austin Wagner LW 42 1 1 2 +1
    55 Brady Reagan D 27 0 2 2 +2
    31 Dawson MacAuley G 50 0 2 2
    39 Dane Schioler RW 7 1 0 1 -2 0
    8 Carson Samoridny RW 10 1 0 1 -4
    Nick Schneider G 9 0 1 1 0 0 0 0
    41 Dexter Bricker LW 1 0 0 0 0
    38 Rykr Cole RW 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
    33 Tyler Fuhr G 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
    35 Spencer Tremblay G 1 0 0 0 0
    44 Luke Fenske D 2 0 0 0 -1
    33 Mac Engel G 3 0 0 0 0 6 0
    39 Sam Steel C 5 0 0 0 0 0 0
    28 Nathyn Mortlock D 7 0 0 0 -1
    2 Tye Hand D 21 0 0 0 -7
    35 Daniel Wapple G 43 0 0 0 0
    24 Rylee Zimmer C 44 0 0 0 -5

I just think that Brooks needs a chance. All is there. You dont have to be large to be successful and he isnt that small. With that said in the game today you have to have a general size and speed type team. Some of the kids that I would expect to have a good shot like Kroeker have that size and speed.

Koberstein... never seen him play. AJHL is a fair distance from the WHL. His size and stats are good for a crappy team.

If Sinitsny returns the back end will be good to very good. Goal tending will be good as Wapple is top end, so just hope that he can stay healthy and not get tired out and be able to play 65 odd games. He seems like that kind of workhorse.

Klimchuk cannot carry the offense by himself especially even strength. He needs a support structure as Stevenson and Stephenson where that last year. If I was a opposite coach, I would pay particular attention to him, and can he fight through that? He is one year older but will need help. Who is going to to that? Think that Hunt will be a huge part of that but must stay healthy. Gay must have a good year, and I think whom ever they keep for a 20 year old or two 20's will be relied upon to for good point production. The rookies will have to preform at a higher level and the Brooks must as well. The rookies from last year may be the key in my opinion... can they step up? Of course this is all just guessing but really think over all it will be the supporting scoring that is the key, and perhaps even more with will be the system that they play whenever the new coach is announced.

Iconwhl

Myself Im on the fence about Brooks I really don't think he truly has it in him to be an effective player at the WHL level. I really hope he proves me wrong but as of right now I just don't see it, there is a reason why he wasn't getting many minutes the past 2 seasons as coaches see it when a player is worth developing more or not. He was always above the rest of his age group within our organization which is why he always had a spot, and everyone knows in our organization the '96 group is extremely weak. I personally feel that Harrison is our best player within the '96 group.

Harrison is a good 5-6 guy. Stable and allot of teams would like to have a few guys like that. 97s will be interesting who can step in this year and be a contributor. 96's who can step up and make it as this is there last swing at it. 98s.. not sold on Steel, but we will see. Seen him play MAAA and in my opinion way to much peripheral play. Jury is out and yet to be proven. Who else is ready for that jump at 16 ie 98s. The 16s from last year got such minor icetime that it is hard to judge there talents.

Looking at the in the system players, size will not be a problem for sure. Do they have the skill though or as I said in the other thread can the new coaches bring that skill out and get the most out of the individual players and team?

Interesting tidbit......

From 11:13 am today.

Quote Originally Posted by MacBeth Report Twitter
    @MacBethReport
    Dmitri Sinitsyn (Regina, 2013-2014) signed 2-year 2-way contract with Dynamo Moscow (Russia, KHL). Last season with Regina, 69 GP, 10+34.

Iconwhl

That's very interesting news I'm not sure how the two way deal works in Russia maybe that's just for his rights once his junior career done but it's not looking good for him returning now

Gone

Well that leaves a big hole. Sacher better step up big time(dont think he has it in him). Power play takes a huge beating . who will step in and try and replace?

Iconwhl

I think this leaves an opening for Williams to really stick around, which I guess in the long run isn't so bad either as he will be a 20yr old Dman for us as Burroughs will not be back as a 20yr old with all the experience he is gaining playing in the AHL already. When looking at the overall numbers in the age groups keeping Williams does make more sense as we should have 3 very capable 20yr olds in the 2015/16 season in Hunt Gay Williams