Quote Originally Posted by tiny View Post
I would love to hear from Red Celtic, Section N, and others what they EXPECT to happen with these D-men AND what THEY would do with them. LOL Have fun.
Ok!

Fafard (20y)
Bear (19)
Let me just get that list down to 10 for you! Not much demand for an overage minus-16 stay at home defenseman and a 19 year old that played 4 or 5 minutes a game for 30 games, registering zero points. Also saw something that lead me to believe that Bear wasn't really happy with his situation here. If either of these guys haven't been released already, I would be surprised.

Fleury (18y)
Cote (20y)
Don't know a great deal about Cote, but as an overage defenseman that they gave up a 2nd round pick for, I can only imagine that the plan is for him to play a LOT of minutes, probably on the first pairing.

Doetzel (19y)
Jansons (17y)
If Jansons has the skill level that I have heard he has, he should be on the second pairing, at the very least.

Chariff (19y)
Dixon (19y)
Grman (17y)
Schmoorkoff (17y)
Strand (17y)
Mahura (16y)
I believe that one of the 19 year olds in this group will be moved to forward, or traded before training camp. The other will form the third pairing with Grman. Sutter likes to carry 8 defensemen, so I suspect that Mahura and Schmoorkoff will make the grade. Not really sure where that leaves Strand, but he wasn't anywhere near as WHL ready as Schmoorkoff at camp last year.