Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41

Thread: 2014-2015 roster

Quote Originally Posted by sbtatter View Post
    Not trolling, just interested to hear your expectations for next year in regular season play. Expecting to finish above or below Brandon and Regina, and what position in your division?
    I dont think they are better than Brandon, I doubt anyone could be given the one-sided trades they were the recipient of, just too deep. Regina I think will be ok, but not contender quality. D-Amico/Christopher would be 2 more guys they lose that played big roles, but they will still be competitive.

It all depends on Euro's IMO. If they draft 1 decent euro, then they are prob 1-2 more forwards away. I like their D and Goalies so should be good there.

CGY will provide some competition, but will really miss that Rankin/Tambelinni/Helegesen threesome up front.

Calgary needs goaltending. Their goalies are average at best. Okay if you score 6 or 7 goals a game.

Point I was making with Rankin had nothing to do with developing players, but with a player coming out and exceeding expectations. I don't think we have seen a Red Deer player do that for 2 seasons. Cote was doing it the first 30 games this season, but then tailed off the last half and didn't have a stong playoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonergroupie View Post
    Calgary needs goaltending. Their goalies are average at best. Okay if you score 6 or 7 goals a game.

Point I was making with Rankin had nothing to do with developing players, but with a player coming out and exceeding expectations. I don't think we have seen a Red Deer player do that for 2 seasons. Cote was doing it the first 30 games this season, but then tailed off the last half and didn't have a stong playoff.
    Yep i get your point. I guess its prob in the eye of the beholder about what exceeding expectations is. Given rankin's points early on in his career, i would generalize that he underachieved until this season, and probably needed the help of a drafted 20 in Tambelinni to help him get there. Prob doesnt have the year he has had without him. I would say Bleackley exceeded expectations last year, even fleury. Neither were high picks in their round. I never expected Johnson to produce the way he did this year, may put up 70+ next season. IMO its always the 20's who break out given the age and experience, i guess my point was that over history, save for 1 or 2, Red Deer's best 20's often play pro.

Also, great news, as per Troy Gillard's tweet, Austin Pratt is signing in the next few days. What a coup that is!!