Quote Originally Posted by Moonergroupie View Post
I would be absolutely amazed if the reason behind this drop in winning has anything to do with the injury to Polei. I know he picked up the odd goal by going to the net and having somebody find him in the slot, but as a teammate, watching the lack of back checking, lack of taking the body, and overall general floating around, I can't see how you say to yourself, Polei is out now so there is no point in playing anymore as we don't have a chance of winning.
I am just saying that when he went down with an injury, it was like flipping a switch. They are young guys, who knows how their minds work!

Quote Originally Posted by Moonergroupie
You look at Brandon who have had some significant injuries in their lineup and they continue to play the system and win games. Compared to what they showed they were capable of, most of these Rebels players have lost interest.
Brandon had about 4x the scoring depth of Red Deer, before they improved their team with trades. You can't even compare the two.

Quote Originally Posted by calcheyup
The best point SectionN brought up is how disappointing Pawlenchuk and Musil have been for most of the year. Those are two guys that I didn't think 40-50 points was an unrealistic expectation from this year, especially Musil.
Musil is used in a lot more situations where he can generate offense. Hard to question a guy that plays defensively as well as Pawlenchuk, but he cashes in on a very low number of the quality scoring chances he gets.