Thread: 2014-2015 roster

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by SectionNDeserter View Post
    I am not really too clear about what you mean. Are you saying that if 18-19 year olds are getting pushed off the team by players that are younger and have a higher level of skill and compete level (obviously this would be a requirement for them to bump an older player off the roster), that the team is probably not going to be as good, as compared to the team with the older, less skilled and less competitive players? I think we might be talking about two entirely different things...
    No, that's not what I'm saying, and yes we are talking about two entirely different things. What you're saying is that it's a good sign that these younger guys are outperforming and pushing the older guys for their jobs. Which, on this current team we have here, sure, it's good news, because we don't really have much to write home about in that 18-19 y/o age group on this club; we're coming off a pretty uninspiring season and the prognosis for this year isn't a whole lot better, so the young guys might as well step up and get their PT in because why not?

What I'm saying is, your club probably isn't going to be very good if the quality of your 18-19 year olds is so poor that their spots on the club are in jeopardy to 16-17 year olds. Kind of like this team. Hence why I don't feel it's "always a good thing" to see your older guys in danger of losing roster spots. That's a reflection on the fact that your team, in all likelihood, isn't going to do anything noteworthy that season. You're not winning anything in this league without a good, established group of 18-19 year olds.
    Last edited by calcheyup; 08-07-2014 at 11:49 PM.