Page 11 of 41 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014-2015 roster

I don't know what's going to change here, but something has to. The guys aren't playing for Sutter right now, and I don't know if it's his fault or not, but it's obvious. What is his fault, however, is not having a WHL-caliber goaltender on the roster. That hurts, and it's not like it's a surprise to anyone.

It's barely 10 games in and the song-and-dance has already gotten old. Meachem doesn't even need to interview Sutter anymore, he can cut-and-paste the exact same comments and just insert them as appropriate. Same story as last season; Sutter identifies the same problems night after night, and they never change. As I said earlier, this is exactly how his stint in Calgary went.

This isn't an attempt to lay the blame for this season so far at Brent's feet, but it is an accurate observation.

Don't see how we can't put the blame at Sutter's feet. It has just been way to consistent with this team for a lot of years. The players have obviously tired of the message that is being put in front of them and the way they are being handled/treated. Did this team not go something like 8 for 10 when Sutter was at the world juniors last year? I know everyone was pissed with the way they lost the games before Thanksgiving, but after seeing the way they played in these last two games it is obvious that the punishment of working their butts off in practise instead of enjoying Thanksgiving didn't work. I also have to wonder what Bleaks is doing playing on the wing. He is a natural center man and excelled in the position last year. Maybe Sutter needs to just go with what works as opposed to trying to make players into something that they are not.

From what I have gathered, Colorado sees Bleackley playing on the wing, so that's what he's doing out there. Blaming that for his performance is letting the kid off the hook way too easily, though. With the level of give-a-F he's playing with out there right now, it wouldn't matter what position he was in.

Rebels acquire 18-year-old forward Tyler Sandhu from Everett for a '15 4th and a '16 4th. He's got 1 point in 9 games this year.

Nothing like making a splash and changing the dynamics of your team. Which fourth liner is sitting so he can play?

Quote Originally Posted by calcheyup View Post
    Rebels acquire 18-year-old forward Tyler Sandhu from Everett for a '15 4th and a '16 4th. He's got 1 point in 9 games this year.
    But also back to back 30+ point seasons. The fact that no player went the other way, leads me to believe that Fafard is on his way out, to make way for an overage goaltender pickup. Alternatively, this could be a move that was made in preparation for Feser or Chorney to be reassigned.

Reports are he has regressed since his 16-year-old season, was unwilling to accept a diminished role, and asked to be traded. Not a ringing endorsement, but I'll wait to see how he acquits himself here. He did score 19 goals as a 16 in the WHL, which is an accomplishment not to be taken lightly.
    Last edited by calcheyup; 10-21-2014 at 06:31 AM.

One step forward, two steps back.

http://www.reddeerrebels.com/article...s-grodd-coming

Quote Originally Posted by calcheyup View Post
    Reports are he has regressed since his 16-year-old season, was unwilling to accept a diminished role, and asked to be traded.
    According to him, it was a complete surprise and he didn't ask to be traded. I imagine the truth lies somewhere in the middle though.

He did score 19 goals as a 16 in the WHL, which is an accomplishment not to be taken lightly.
    Nope, if Sutter can tap into that production again, this could be a steal of a deal.

We have seen this experiment before with Inglis, Bellerive and many more. Trying to think of one that actually paned out. There has to be some reason that he went from top prospect to 4th liner. Now he has come to a team that has had problems with their own players regressing as opposed to developing to a higher level and we think there might be a chance that he regains his former scoring prowess. Will see I guess, for the Rebels sake I hope he does.

[SectionNDeserter One step forward, two steps back.

http://www.reddeerrebels.com/article...s-grodd-coming][/QUOTE]

Lol. Really have to wonder how many more people the Rebels marketing people are expecting to come to the game with this draw.