Page 12 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014-2015 roster

Quote Originally Posted by Moonergroupie View Post
    We have seen this experiment before with Inglis, Bellerive and many more. Trying to think of one that actually paned out. There has to be some reason that he went from top prospect to 4th liner. Now he has come to a team that has had problems with their own players regressing as opposed to developing to a higher level and we think there might be a chance that he regains his former scoring prowess. Will see I guess, for the Rebels sake I hope he does.

[SectionNDeserter One step forward, two steps back.

http://www.reddeerrebels.com/article...s-grodd-coming]
    Lol. Really have to wonder how many more people the Rebels marketing people are expecting to come to the game with this draw.[/QUOTE]

We have seen this experiment before with Inglis, Bellerive and many more. Trying to think of one that actually paned out.
    They threw a nickel at Vancouver for the disgruntled Andrej Kudrna. Wasn't much of a playoff performer, but put up 136 points over two regular seasons. I actually had a look, and couldn't find any other disgruntled players that they acqured besides Inglis, Bellerive and Kudrna, at least in the last twelve years or so. They unloaded a few of them on other teams for sure though.

There has to be some reason that he went from top prospect to 4th liner.
    From everything that I have read about him, his regression began when Hartsburg was fired. Getting a player that potted 19 goals as a 16 year old without giving up a pick in the first three rounds or a roster player could end up being a steal.

Lol. Really have to wonder how many more people the Rebels marketing people are expecting to come to the game with this draw.
    Aside from the worry that they are actually paying this helmet to make an appearance, I worry that they are trying to fill the building with people, regardless of whether they give a crap about hockey or not.

I guess I was also including the guys that Sutter was giving a second chance to as well. The Austin Fergusons and Locke Muller's of the world. Then there was that kid that was supposed be the toughest kid in the league but wouldn't play for Regina (I think) because that was the only roll they wanted him to play. Red Deer offered him an actual playing roll so he came here, but never made the team as he was so out of shape. Can't remember his name.

Forgot about Kudnra. That was one that panned out till any kind of hitting started and then he would disappear.

I guess I was also including the guys that Sutter was giving a second chance to as well. The Austin Fergusons and Locke Muller's of the world.
    I don't mind the Austin Ferguson's, as he gave up nothing to acquire him. Muller is more lumped in with the Jr. A gambles, the Oursov's, Bell's, Hak's, Thiel's, Jesse Miller's and Boomgaarten's that don't really cost the team anything but a spot on the protected list. Marc McKenzie is one of those in-betweeners that played for PA, but then was out of the WHL for a year when Red Deer picked him up for nothing.

Then there was that kid that was supposed be the toughest kid in the league but wouldn't play for Regina (I think) because that was the only roll they wanted him to play. Red Deer offered him an actual playing roll so he came here, but never made the team as he was so out of shape. Can't remember his name.
    Red Deer drafted Brandon Tidball in the 2000 bantam draft, but that is the only player that I can think of that even remotely matches that description.

It wasn't him. Was maybe 3 or 4 years ago. Sutter was all excited to get the kid, there was a write up in the advocate about it and then he shows up totally out of shape. If I remember right, I think he got into a couple exhibition games and then got cut. Doesn't matter anyway.

Looking forward to see what the new kid can do this weekend. Maybe he can provide enough of a spark to get some of the underachievers going.

Maybe the Rebs feel Sandhu will be the next Rhyse Dieno a Med Hat cast off who put up some decent numbers.

Interested to see how Bleackley and Fleury respond tonight to being called out on their attitudes by Sutter in the Advocate.

It wasn't him. Was maybe 3 or 4 years ago. Sutter was all excited to get the kid, there was a write up in the advocate about it and then he shows up totally out of shape. If I remember right, I think he got into a couple exhibition games and then got cut.
    Red Deer traded some 3rd liners (JD Watt and Scott Doucet) for a 3rd liner in Cody Gross and 16 year old former first round pick Brett Miller back in 2008. Miller certainly wasn't billed as being even remotely tough, but stood out in that deal, due to where he was drafted, and being only 16. He played 26 games as a 16 year old before being reassigned, and 9 as a 17 year old before being reassigned and eventually traded to Everett. I think that is probably who you are thinking of, as he definitely had issues with conditioning and motivation.

Quote Originally Posted by calcheyup View Post
    Interested to see how Bleackley and Fleury respond tonight to being called out on their attitudes by Sutter in the Advocate.
    Probably don't even know, most people under 60 don't read the newspaper anymore.

They certainly looked a lot better than they did in any other game this season though.

Everyone answered the bell tonight. Toth still looked shaky, but in the end he made the saves he needed to. Good solid win for the boys tonight. Musil is a beast. Great to see Sandhu double his season point total in one game. He was out on the top PP unit too, so if it wasn't clear before what Sutter expects of him, it is now.Really happy to see Johnson pot a couple as well; unlike the majority of the forwards, he doesn't take nights off due to mood swings, so it's always nice to see a player like that have success on the scoresheet.

Hoping to see more of the same tomorrow.
    Last edited by calcheyup; 10-24-2014 at 11:10 PM.