Page 14 of 41 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014-2015 roster

He walked up the stairs past me, and he didn't exactly have a spring in his step, some sort of a lower-body injury.

Nice W. A full team effort tonight. I'm not gonna say RD intimidated the Tigers, but there's no question that they frustrated them with their physicality. That's the first time I've seen Medicine Hat play this year and that was a fast, skilled club. RD did a good job for most of the game making MH pay for everything, zone entry, along the boards, loose pucks. The forward group did a really good job in their own end tonight as well, I thought.

It was nice to see the other team's goalie let in some softies for a change. The rebound Toth gave up on the first goal was terrible, but other than that he did what he needed to, especially in the third, when the boys looked pretty tired.

Not a perfect game, but a pretty solid one nonetheless. This homestand couldn't have gone better; they looked like an entirely different team.

Hopefully they carry it into the road trip.

Wasn't at the game but listened to it on the radio. Did Sutter have four forwards out on the power play again when they gave up the shortie this time? That definitely needs to be addressed as that was a crucial point in the game and then when MH scored again I figured they were done. Really good Pawly potted the break away goal or this one probably would have ended up the other way.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonergroupie View Post
    Wasn't at the game but listened to it on the radio. Did Sutter have four forwards out on the power play again when they gave up the shortie this time? That definitely needs to be addressed as that was a crucial point in the game and then when MH scored again I figured they were done. Really good Pawly potted the break away goal or this one probably would have ended up the other way.
    Yes, Maxwell was out, and if IIRC was part of a pretty scrambly play at the blueline that landed MH an odd-man rush.

Nell did score on the 5-on-3 for what it's worth. But yeah. They were lucky to get away with giving up another SHG tonight. If Langhamer played like he usually does, who knows how this would have turned out. But he let in a couple he shouldn't have and luckily we don't need to focus on these kinds of mistakes costing the Rebels a game. Only other negative was that Cote failed to prevent a pass on a pair of odd-man rushes. The second goal Cox set up Cote took himself out of position to challenge Cox who was already below the hashmarks and quickly running out of angle, and he slid it to Owre for a tap-in.

With that said, there were a boatload of positives from everyone tonight to offset what didn't go right. They earned it; they caught some breaks, yes, but they earned them and at the end of the day they beat a team that came in 11-1. Obviously there are things to improve on, but I don't want to seem like I'm slamming these guys even after a nice win.
    Last edited by calcheyup; 10-28-2014 at 11:15 PM.

How did Sandhu look last night? Had nothing on the score sheet and I don't remember hearing his name much on the broadcast. Lights out his first game, average his second and non existant in the 3rd?

Really have to wonder what they are going to do with Burman. It obviously did him no good at all to be permanent gate opener behind Barto last year and it looks like he is getting the same role this year. I know he has struggled in his starts and Toth has been playing well, but I cant see how this is helping Burman gain any confidence and develop at all. The Rebels would be better off bringing in an older goalie from the AJHL (maybe Naherniak is still around) to back up Toth and send Burman somewhere he can actually get into some games and get his mojo going. They can always bring him back once he gets some confidence and becomes more reliable.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonergroupie View Post
    How did Sandhu look last night? Had nothing on the score sheet and I don't remember hearing his name much on the broadcast. Lights out his first game, average his second and non existant in the 3rd?
    If you are merely going strictly by point production alone, then that sounds about right. He had a few chances in the last few games, but more importantly, he battled in front of the net, and in the slot on a pretty consistent basis. He is a younger version of Feser, without all the giveaways and muffin passes.

The Rebels would be better off bringing in an older goalie from the AJHL (maybe Naherniak is still around) to back up Toth and send Burman somewhere he can actually get into some games and get his mojo going They can always bring him back once he gets some confidence and becomes more reliable.
    Playing goal is a tough route for a kid to take, and I can almost guarantee you that if they were to reassign Burman after he spent all of one season, and part of another season opening the gate on the bench, that he would never report back here. The Rebels are in a tough spot with him, and are probably going to end up having to trade him at some point, because Toth can't play every game for the rest of the season, and with their poor start, they can't really afford to lose every game that Burman starts in, to get him more experience.

It is really too bad, because I think he could have been a decent goaltender, he just had no business being in the WHL last season, and could have really done with another year of getting starts, even at a lower level.

7. Default

Moose Jaw will likely be looking to unload Paulic before January 10th and hand Sawchenko the reigns, if they haven't already. He's a legit starter in this league and would be a good pickup

Paulic is a passable starter, who I have watched get steadily worse over the last three seasons. If his numbers continue to decline, he is basically an overage backup goaltender next season. I have no problem with them getting Paulic, if it is for almost free, as they need all the assets they can get. I have a feeling that they will make a bold move for a big-name goaltender next season, so they need a VERY cheap short-term solution.

Sutters not giving up assets for a guy who has never had a season GAA below 3 or a save percentage above .900. I don't really see him as an upgrade on what Toth is currently giving the team. With section N here, unless it's basically for free, no way.

Monster night for Cote. Wow.