Thread: Blades new direction.

Default Blades new direction.

With the signing of Wyatt Slobosian and the addition of Forsberg. Is it possible the Blades can make a playoff run this season? Especially if they can get Collin Olson the 20yr old goalie they traded for to camp.

Olson apparently is staying in the US this season. The Carolina Hurricanes who have his NHL rights apparently left the decision up to him to come here.

Unless he changes his mind, the goaltending situation seems to be up in the air. I'd be surprised if Trombley is on the team considering Woods went and tried to get Olson.

I think it's anyone's guess rite now who the goaltenders will be this year.

They have Trevor Martin 18 yr old prospect Trevor Martin who they got from the Chiefs early in the off season so I'd imagine he'll be on the team. Have a feeling Kegler who came up for a bit last year won't be around.

If I'm Woods I'd maybe go after one of Seattle's goaltenders as they will probably need to make room for Logan Flodell. Murmaugh or Kozun could be a decent pick up and shouldn't cost much.

I agree with Trav if Olson was coming he would of already committed by now. I'm ok with Trombley in net if he doesn't have to play every night but I agree to the Blades will be in the market for another goalie and if was up to me two different 20yr olds to. Clayton who is undersized and takes a lot of dumb penalties and won't put the points up or have leadership like a 20yr old can easily be replaced by a 17 or 18yr old. As for Stovin, he definitely won't be putting up more than 45 points and that doesn't cut it for a 20yr old .Me, I would get what I could for those two and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Uknownothing View Post
    I agree with Trav if Olson was coming he would of already committed by now. I'm ok with Trombley in net if he doesn't have to play every night but I agree to the Blades will be in the market for another goalie and if was up to me two different 20yr olds to. Clayton who is undersized and takes a lot of dumb penalties and won't put the points up or have leadership like a 20yr old can easily be replaced by a 17 or 18yr old. As for Stovin, he definitely won't be putting up more than 45 points and that doesn't cut it for a 20yr old .Me, I would get what I could for those two and move on.

I don't think any 20's on the Blades are worth much if anything. B4 Woods was hired, the Blades made it sound like Stovin was a lock to come back but that'd be a mistake. If the Blades can't find any decent 20's then I'd just go with young guys and let them develop.

Any interest in Honey as a tender?
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by sbtatter View Post
    Any interest in Honey as a tender?

I'd keep Trombley over him.

Iconwhl

Quote Originally Posted by Trav View Post
    I'd keep Trombley over him.
    I really don't see what the problem is with Trombley the guy faced a ton of pucks last year if it wasn't for him a lot of the Blades losses would of been a lot worse. His numbers were bad but lets not forget he played on a horrible team. You could of put Jarry/Cooke or anyone else on that team and their numbers would of been crap as well