Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: Paddock new HC looks like Lang may be done too....

Quote Originally Posted by Bepoleon View Post
    I think maybe we should start chatting with Seattle. Some quality 20 year olds up for grabs.
    IMO PA as well has a derth of 20s and could be an upgrade for the Pats

Iconwhl

Quote Originally Posted by Bepoleon View Post
    I think maybe we should start chatting with Seattle. Some quality 20 year olds up for grabs.
    Quote Originally Posted by RWAH View Post
    IMO PA as well has a derth of 20s and could be an upgrade for the Pats

I agree with both comments... in a perfect world (IMO) go trade for 2 guys, 1 from each team....

From SEATTLE
    Evan Wardley 6'4 208
    http://www.whl.ca/roster/show/id/8239

From PA
    Carson Perreaux 6'3 194
    http://www.whl.ca/roster/show/id/9008

Would address some much needed size upfront and on the backend and improve our 20yr old situation. I would then be leaning towards a guy like Christoffer to fill the final 20yr old spot, I'm not much of a fan of McVeigh and D'Amico just doesn't have the finish although I do really like his game just not above Christoffer's

Quote Originally Posted by Fight Guy View Post
    It's official... Darrin McKechnie second assistant...

http://reginapats.com/article/pats-c...rrin-mckechnie
    Darrin is a good enough guy but he is only a part-time coach and I personally don't like that concept. If they are trying to build a professional type organization then part-time coaches shouldn't be in the equation. Other Regina Police members have filled the role of part-time coaches with only mixed results. McKechnie is at least four years from retirement and I don't think you can be a part-timer for that long. He could have come on as a skills coach etc and they should have hired another competent assistant. With this move it makes a person really wonder if the coaching has been upgraded over last season!!!

Iconwhl

I also have mixed feelings about a part time coach, I agree that a skills coach may of been a better name for his involvement. But with that said maybe they were thinking along the lines of they have 2 Head Coaches anyways with Paddock and Struch and any additional help from the outside is just going to help improve things more.

I know for instance when Conacher was the Head Coach as far as practices went he was rarely ever on the ice running them, it was always Cameron and Dixon. I know this cause I had attended countless practices over the last 3 or 4 years, Conacher usually sat up in the stands on the southeast side.

There is a possibility that just there wasn't enough quality guys in line for this job due to how late it took the Pats to hire the Head Coach, maybe things change after a few mid season firings in the hockey world or at least in the next offseason. As long as everyone is on the same page I don't see a huge problem here with Paddock's professional experience and Struch's experience as a long time assistant coach in the league as well as a season as the Head Coach. Im sure Paddock will be leaning on both Struch and Lang in the early going until he starts to get familiar with the league and its players.

It will make for much different road trips. usually one assistant looks after the hotels and meals and the other the schedule and ice times. Neither Paddock or Strouch did that last season and Paddock not for a couple decades. They may need to share that work out to the radio broadcast guy (phill) or the equipment staff, trainer or travel with a facilitator. However it is handled the two full time coaches will find it a change from last year.

Quote Originally Posted by patsdude114 View Post
    I agree with both comments... in a perfect world (IMO) go trade for 2 guys, 1 from each team....

From SEATTLE
    Evan Wardley 6'4 208
    http://www.whl.ca/roster/show/id/8239

From PA
    Carson Perreaux 6'3 194
    http://www.whl.ca/roster/show/id/9008

Would address some much needed size upfront and on the backend and improve our 20yr old situation. I would then be leaning towards a guy like Christoffer to fill the final 20yr old spot, I'm not much of a fan of McVeigh and D'Amico just doesn't have the finish although I do really like his game just not above Christoffer's
    Perreaux could be had for free I would imagine . If the Pats were looking for a decent 20 I would think Hart or Conroy would do.

Iconwhl

If Conroy is available for trade I would think a team like SC, PORT or EDM this is just from what I see on another blog of all teams 20yr old situations. Although I don't really see PA giving away Conroy as I do think PA will be on the thick of things come the end of the year.