Thread: Blades sign goaltender Dorrin Luding...

Default Blades sign goaltender Dorrin Luding...

This could be a big signing, especially in net. I was wondering if he'd committ to the Blades or maybe go the Jr. A route. Hopefully Luding will have a strong midget season, should be a top candidate for a backup spot when he's 16. The team is sure signing a lot of their 2014 picks early. This is the 3rd one so far. Wouldn't be surprised if we see Patterson, Hausinger, Capstick and Christensen sign soon.

SASKATOON – A busy week for the Blades continued on Wednesday as General Manager and Head Coach Bob Woods announced that the club has signed goaltender Dorrin Luding to a Standard Western Hockey League Player Agreement.

Luding, the Blades’ fifth pick – 66th overall – in the 2014 WHL Bantam Draft, spent the 2013-14 season with the North Shore Winter Club, posting a record of 34-3-1 with 18 shutouts, along with a 0.96 goals-against average and .934 save percentage in 38 games.

"We went into the draft with a strong focus on solidifying our goaltending for the future, and we were thrilled to be able to select Dorrin in the third round,” Dan Tencer, Blades Director of Scouting, Western Region, said of the signing. “He's had two outstanding seasons in a great development program at the North Shore Winter Club, and this past season he was rock solid as he backstopped the team to a provincial title and the Western Canadian Bantam Championship.

“I saw him play a lot last year and was consistently impressed with his composure, his ability to move well for a guy with really good size, and the pride he takes in the technical aspects of the position. He's a fantastic young man with a great family, and an opportunity to develop at the highest levels within the BC Hockey program. We're extremely excited about his future with the Blades."

The 15-year-old native of North Vancouver, BC, is slated to suit up for the Cariboo Cougars of the British Columbia Major Midget Hockey League next season.

“I want to make the Blades as a 16-year-old. That’s my goal right now,” Luding, standing 6-foot-1 and 190 pounds, said earlier this off-season. “I have a great opportunity here. I want to make the team and help the organization get to where they want to be."

Blades training camp opens on Thursday, Aug. 21, and runs until Sunday, Aug. 24, culminating in the annual Blue-White Intrasquad Game at 1:00pm CST. All on-ice sessions will be held at the Legends Centre in Warman and will be open to the public.

The full schedule and camp rosters will be released later this week.

Iconwhl

hey trav the kids name is Dorrin Luding not Dorrin Ludwig

Quote Originally Posted by patsdude114 View Post
    hey trav the kids name is Dorrin Luding not Dorrin Ludwig

Typo.. Hey who is Dave Sturch?

Iconwhl

Ha not sure I'm sure I goofed up in it too...... I was just pointing it out to you cause I knew you were able to change it since your a mod