Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Aug. 2014 camp

Default Aug. 2014 camp

I see they have an alumni/pro skate time listed. Any idea who will be there?
    I would be very interested in seeing camp/player evaluations from anyone able to get to the camp sessions. New invited players of interest?? There were may different drills at the rookie camp. I expect the same at main camp. Tks

Red Deer Advocate finally has an article about the camp and who is on the main and rookie camp rosters. With Fafard, Bear and Dixon slotted in as forwards on the main camp roster, only three forward spots available and some very promising young forwards that got a taste of the action last year, I think you can see the writing on the wall for these guys.

Default Rebel 20's

With a change in 20's at camp, NOW what will the Rebels decide. (Look outside? Keep Fafford, Maxwell, and Cote? Go with younger players?

Can't see how Sterzer, Cote, and Maxwell aren't going to be the 20 year olds with Fafard the odd man out. Goalie positions are pretty much wrapped up (barring a trade) with only two on the main camp roster. Other than that it is going to be a bunch of 17 and 18 year olds leading the way with Pernitsky looking like the only listed player with a chance of cracking the roster.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonergroupie View Post
    Can't see how Sterzer, Cote, and Maxwell aren't going to be the 20 year olds with Fafard the odd man out.
    Sterzer is apparently not at camp, and Greg Meachem tweeted yesterday that he has left the team to go back to school.

That sucks. With both Mpofu and Sterzer leaving the team it makes you start to wonder if there isn't some underlying reason besides the going to school thing. Nice that he waited till the day before training camp to make the decision as well, but I guess there is lots of time to snap up another 20 year old before the season starts.

I suspect that they didn't find out yesterday, but have probably known for a while.

Also, I suspect his reason for leaving had more to do with this --> http://www.kamloopsthisweek.com/ster...nd-the-blazer/

Really to bad as the Rebels are going to miss his energy. I guess with it looking like he will never make the show and going through a tragedy like that, he obviously started feeling there was more to life than hockey. Still surprised he would walk away as he has the rest of his life to go to school and work, so why not take one more year and enjoy everything that hockey has to offer. He was looking like he was going to have top line minutes and be playing with some very talented line mates so it should have been a fun situation to be in. I guess if the headaches were causing issues during the games it would take the fun out of it though.

Quote Originally Posted by SectionNDeserter View Post
    Sterzer is apparently not at camp, and Greg Meachem tweeted yesterday that he has left the team to go back to school.
    And the good news continues. That hurts. You have to figure he would have been good for about 25 goals this year. Don't know where they are going to replace that.