Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Training camp

PD114 thanks will pick one up tomorrow.
    Small thoughts has some of the other team's rosters as he get them he posts them http://smallatlarge.blogspot.ca/

Thanks Kevin: a much better and complete schedule

Iconwhl

Morning rookie practices in the books and can't go off them much at all besides watching some foot speed and alittle skill.

A couple kids stood out though mainly due to size but was it just me or did Freadrich get a lot bigger bigger over the summer? It may of just been me and I'll look a lot closer during the scrimmages today but he appears to be bigger in height and put some bulk on. Pouteau looked like a seasoned vet doing every drill smooth and calm plus his size looks very appealing to out back end.

Steel, Smith and Elmer we already know what they bring, all have skill and great hands. Steel and Elmer are way more agile where Smith is all power, only thing I could potentially see holding Smith back this year is his skating but I really hope he cracks this years team. Smith and Wagner could be a force when they are 18/19/20 years old.

First impression with this mornings workout The 99 crop for next year will be very good. No surprises, on D Pouteau, Freadrich will be in main camp and push for a spot. Forwards Smith, Third, Elmers, Woods and Lovell should be around for the weekend. This will probably change (more added) after the scrimmages.
    Any one else take in the morning practise?

Quote Originally Posted by patsdude114 View Post

ROUND (OV) PLAYER NAME
    2 (25) Adam Brooks
    2 (36) Dane Schioler
    2 (44) Bryar Ortynski
    3 (47) Griffin Mumby
    5 (106) Nathan Churchill
    6 (113) Erik Donald
    7 (135) Nikolas Koberstein
    8 (157) Kienan Scott
    9 (179) Patrick Gora
    10 (201) Kenny Nordstrom

So far nothing has been posted and haven't got anything from Phil yet either but I did send Daniel Fink a email this evening so maybe there is hope he has this info still... or we can just hope that the Pats provide this info at the skates
    My bad, thought Brooks went 1st round, but 2nd it was. Nonetheless, he hasn't lived up to a #25 overall pick.

Iconwhl

Quote Originally Posted by crashnbang View Post
    My bad, thought Brooks went 1st round, but 2nd it was. Nonetheless, he hasn't lived up to a #25 overall pick.
    Oh I fully agree in that he hasn't lived up to anything that was out on him, even when he had chance to play with the more skilled guys he was lost out there more times then not.

If he doesn't start showing his so called offensive side in training camp and in the preseason I really see no reason to keep him around this season when he is just taking a roster spot from a younger guy who actualy shows some promise.

Iconwhl

One player who stood out for me from the Scrimmage was #23 Red Riley Woods, he is a list player who is from Regina and boy does this kid have wheels. I was texting my buddy who coaches in Regina Minor Hockey and said he coached Woods this spring and said he was by far the best player on his team and took advantage of his skill set and speed.

I don't have the roster sheet infront of me at the moment but a few other kids who stood out for me were the 3 walk on's on Team Grey #20 #21 #22 were a trio of a line and looked like 2 of them were teammates due to the same design on their pants. #21 & #22 could really skate

Riley Bruce for me really stood out, not with his play with the puck but his aggressiveness and physical play. That is something we have lacked in our organization that last while with defensemen.

I like what I seen from Steel, Elmer & Gardnier if I could change 1 thing with them it would be them quit being so cute and shoot the puck more often. Smith had a few really good hits as did Third, Team Red by far is more physical then then Team Grey.

Hollett and Chapman both looked good and looking forward to seeing them again this evening. I would love to see Woods playing on the wing with Steel, I think Steel's line is missing that speedy winger that Woods can bring.

The second scrimmage had more speed and flow as the players were more adjusted to each other and just to be in hockey mode. PD114 agree with your comments and add Lovell played well, like Kallis not showy but solid defensively good first pass. Pouteau is a blue chip. always head up looking to make the play. the afternoon scrimmage Third was physical with 3 big hits and 4 or 5 times sealed the player on the wall.
    impressed with the talent of the 99s. tough decisions next year if they progress in midget this season.

Iconwhl

Unfortunately wasn't able to make the morning skate would love to hear from someone who was there from there view on the morning skate.

Are the same players still the most noticeable or did someone else step up today?

I watched the afternoon rookie scrimmage, the vets practise and half the night (and final) rookie scrimmage. Only note worthy Smith missed both scrimmages and Steele and Elmer and Gardner not dressed for the final scrimmage. Gardner took a puck to the hand in the noon scrimmage. Watched Lovell and still like his game.
    On the vet side, no lineup so don't know if the Russian is here or not. Kammerrer looked faster and better handling the puck. Wagner and Zimmer were faster and more comfortable. Some of the players (not from our team) but list or walk on are very poor skating and will be gone before the blue and white.
    Hope to watch two scrimmages tomorrow but any one who gets to see one please post your thoughts and observations.