Thread: Blades release 4...

Default Blades release 4...

C - Nick Gomerich 96
    C - Coy Prevost 97
    RW - Peter Tomaras 98
    D - Jake MacLachlan 96

Their now down to 18 forwards, 10 d-men and 3 goaltenders.

I'm going to speculate as to the final cuts..assuming they go with 14 forwards, 7 d-men and 2 goaltenders.

In net, I have a feeling Martin will backup Trombley

Up front, it's anyone's guess actually but I think they need better overagers or else give Clayton's spot to a young guy.

On defense - I'd release Hnidy, re-assign Higson and see if they can get anything for Dea

The Blades are still rebuolding and so I'd rather go with young guys over Clayton (or a better overager) and Dea. They could use a 20 yr old D-man. It'd be great to get another Busenius type d-man.

It's good to see that Woods isn't afraid to let go of a veteran player.

Quote Originally Posted by Trav View Post
    C - Nick Gomerich 96
    C - Coy Prevost 97
    RW - Peter Tomaras 98
    D - Jake MacLachlan 96

Their now down to 18 forwards, 10 d-men and 3 goaltenders.

I'm going to speculate as to the final cuts..assuming they go with 14 forwards, 7 d-men and 2 goaltenders.

In net, I have a feeling Martin will backup Trombley

Up front, it's anyone's guess actually but I think they need better overagers or else give Clayton's spot to a young guy.

On defense - I'd release Hnidy, re-assign Higson and see if they can get anything for Dea

The Blades are still rebuolding and so I'd rather go with young guys over Clayton (or a better overager) and Dea. They could use a 20 yr old D-man. It'd be great to get another Busenius type d-man.

It's good to see that Woods isn't afraid to let go of a veteran player.
    So hard to speculate until the import situation is resolved.

Krupic looks really solid on d and may help mentor the kids back there.

Soshnin has been producing upfront so far and will only get better.

And last but not least Sherback is going to have a huge year.

My guess is they trade Sherback if he doesn't make the Canadinans and load up for next year. I think we will battle for that 8th and final playoff spot this year.

Agree with you on Woods letting go of Gomerich.

Also agree with you about our overagers. Clayton and Stovin could be replaced. One thing the team likes, (so I've heard) about Stovin is his leadership you. I've had him out to our kids hockey practices and he is a terrific person. Great with the kids and apparently great with his teamates.

Quote Originally Posted by curwie View Post
    So hard to speculate until the import situation is resolved.

Krupic looks really solid on d and may help mentor the kids back there.

Soshnin has been producing upfront so far and will only get better.

And last but not least Sherback is going to have a huge year.

My guess is they trade Sherback if he doesn't make the Canadinans and load up for next year. I think we will battle for that 8th and final playoff spot this year.

Agree with you on Woods letting go of Gomerich.

Also agree with you about our overagers. Clayton and Stovin could be replaced. One thing the team likes, (so I've heard) about Stovin is his leadership you. I've had him out to our kids hockey practices and he is a terrific person. Great with the kids and apparently great with his teamates.

All Clayton, Stovin, and Trombley are looking real good so far this preseason. Maybe the team will stick with all three?

Quote Originally Posted by curwie View Post
    All Clayton, Stovin, and Trombley are looking real good so far this preseason. Maybe the team will stick with all three?

Trombley has done well and with them down to two goaltenders, I'm assuming he's locked up a spot. They may also not want to give up any future picks for 20 yr olds.

The team could use another veteran forward and D-man though.

I also noticed that they got a lot of small forwards on their team. They hardly have any forwards that are 6'2 or bigger. They may wanna add some size to help the young guys out.

Quote Originally Posted by Trav View Post
    Trombley has done well and with them down to two goaltenders, I'm assuming he's locked up a spot. They may also not want to give up any future picks for 20 yr olds.

The team could use another veteran forward and D-man though.

I also noticed that they got a lot of small forwards on their team. They hardly have any forwards that are 6'2 or bigger. They may wanna add some size to help the young guys out.

It will be interesting to see who is available at the overage deadline.