Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Opening Weekend Series vs BRN

Iconwhl Opening Weekend Series vs BRN

Well the time is here the start of the WHL season and our Regina Pats open up the series against the team the swept us in the 1st round of the playoffs last year with very little fight put up by our team.

My last report BRN is still missing Jayce Hawryluk, Peter Quenneville, John Quenneville, Richard Nejezchleb (even though 2 of them are 20 & may not return anyways) Eric Roy was returned to BRN yesterday but has a shoulder injury that happened during CGY Flames rookie camp. As of this morning the Pats are without Klimchuk & Burroughs as both Christoffer & Hunt were returned to the team on Wednesday (I believe was the day).

Both teams have some worthy 16yr olds to watch in Sam Steel, Nolan Patrick and Kale Clague all 3 were top 10 picks in the 2013 Bantam Draft. As well as Tanner Kaspick (2nd rd) Ty Lewis & Luc Smith (both 3rd rd). Both teams also have 17yr old Russian defensemen who are making their WHL debut tonight in Sergey Zborovskiy (preaseason 3g2a +7 in 7gp) & Ivan Provorov (preseason 6assists +2 in 4gp)

Both teams are set with their starting goaltenders this year in Daniel Wapple (19yr) and Jordan Papirny (18yr) as always both will play key roles in the success either team has this coming season. The Wheat Kings on paper look to be able to fill the net on a consistent basis where the Pats may be more on a defense first outlook.

Look forward to tomorrow night's home opener but in the mean time I'll be watching tonight's game on webcast. For anyone who is interested there is a Early Bird special right now if you are interested in getting the package to watch all your teams away games for a price of $69.95, which is a great price considering each game runs at about $7 if I recall right from last year.
    these are my opinions like them or hate them I really don't care

newly created blog by yours truly
    http://patsdudewhl.blogspot.ca/

Neulion, the web cast provider, has done a major upgrade to the video web cast platform so the picture will be better and less stalls and buffering time outs. They of course rely on the home team video equipment for their feed and picture quality, anf the home town radio broadcast for the audio feed.
    As you say PD114 its good value and I too wil be watching tonights game.
    GO PATS GO

On paper the Wheaties have a formidable lineup. They are deserving of their ranking and should be a force in the division and conference. While Brandon is well into their rebuild, the Pats are just beginning theirs. It would be foolish to expect too much from a young team, but I don't expect Paddock will accept youthfulness for lack of effort or attention to detail. There may not be too many wins this season but as long as effort and heart are present, so will I be. If they jell and the young talent emerges, who knows!

I still think there will be some moves and trades. This team will be a work in progress, particularly if there isn't enough. I still don't think the overage/import situation isn't cast in stone at this time. The young guys will stay but some tinkering with others will occur.

I look forward to the type of team and the type of hockey Paddock has them playing. He will have a learning curve but will adjust quickly IMO. This is always an exciting time of year. We all have to set expectations realistically and stand behind the process this year.

Quote Originally Posted by patsdude114 View Post
    My last report BRN is still missing Jayce Hawryluk, Peter Quenneville, John Quenneville, Richard Nejezchleb (even though 2 of them are 20 & may not return anyways) Eric Roy was returned to BRN yesterday but has a shoulder injury that happened during CGY Flames rookie camp..
    Peter Quenneville is back and should be playing tonight, so missing JQ, JH, RN and Roy (injury)
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Iconwhl

Quote Originally Posted by Sttop View Post
    webcast not happening yet ? says not available
    its working for me although its not working for me to listen to Phil Andrews compared to the BRN guys but I don't mind that for this game as BRN has some really good Play by Play guys its a lot different when playing say PA SAS or especially LETH my god I cant stand the LETH guys

Iconwhl

BRN's feed always sucks balls I have yet to watch a game out of BRN where the feed doesn't disappear for abit of time. By far one of the worst places to watch a live feed from

Quote Originally Posted by patsdude114 View Post
    BRN's feed always sucks balls I have yet to watch a game out of BRN where the feed doesn't disappear for abit of time. By far one of the worst places to watch a live feed from
    They should give us a free playoff game for the troubles. I know I'm asking for it.

Iconwhl

I highly doubt that will happen but hey all the best to ya with that demand/request

Anyways after the feed came back from missing the final 4mins of the 2nd period the 3rd had some choppiness in it at times but could still watch the game for the most part.

The game itself we played alright nothing great but not terrible either. Right now we are lacking a game changer type of player as we have no one who is capable to over take a game kind of like Stephenson could lasts year.

Hansen is not a Dman in this league by any means he has played too many years as a forward and has lost a lot of development as a Dman.

Im not looking too far into this game or the opening weekend by any means, we did start last year what 1-5 or something like that.... just 1 of 72 games.

I agree PD114 that you can't read too much into the first game, win or lose. I would have been surprised if Brandon didn't win tonight. They're still missing a few guys and we're missing a couple ourselves. I thought the game was rather spotty especially for us.

Williams, Cole, D'Amico, and Wagner were all minus 2. I am a pretty big +/- guy, and like plus players. It tells me something. Tonight also tells me it was the veterans who weren't carrying their weight appropriately. Maybe trying to do too much, I don't know.

Even with Burroughs back here, our backend needs some help. I don't think Wapple was as good as he needs to be. I wasn't thrilled with at least one. I think he needs to be a leader on this team as a 19 year old tender. I also felt Papirny was very good tonight.

Yes, the feed from Brandon tonight was very sketchy. I seem to have more trouble with feeds from Brandon than I do from all of the other locations combined. It will be good to see the kids at home tonight and hopefully it works out good.

Iconwhl

I have bad feed from Brandon only too not sure if it's the norm for them but always seems like when we go there the feed blow balls.

Myself I have never been a plus minus guy as so many things don't get countered into it..... Like line matchups, if the players are out there for more defensive faceoffs compared to offensive draws IMO it's a very out dated team stat.

Either way I'm looking forward to tomorrow nights game, win or lose I want to watch a good hockey game first.