Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW PATS ROSTER OUTLOOK

Quote Originally Posted by Bepoleon View Post
    GOALTENDERS – I think the pats will start the season with the Wapple/Fuhr tandem. By years end they should get a 17-18 year old back-up Goalie.

Daniel Wapple 19
    Tyler Fuhr 19 – TRADED/RE-ASSIGNED
    Dawson MacAuley 20 – TRADED/RELEASED.

DEFENSEMAN – Krushen is still on the bubble. Hansen will be traded at some point, the sooner the better. I’m not overly impressed with Schacher either. The Pats are lacking toughness on D. we need a Kamloops Ryan Rehill, Seattle Evan Wardley, Lethbridge Tyler Bell type defenseman. Tyler Bell for Dawson MacAuley???? (trade for 20’s)

Kyle Burroughs 19
    Colby Williams 19
    Brady Reagan 17
    Chase Harrison 18
    Isaac Schacher 19 – TRADE??
    Sergey Zborovsky 17
    James Hilsendager 17
    Ryan Krushen 16
    Carter Hansen 19 – TRADED/RE-ASSIGNED

FORWARDS – Stephenson is gone. Klimchuk should be traded. I like some of the players that I have marked as traded or reassigned but if we going with a youth movement, it just makes sense. Toughness is a key component we are missing. Either Edmonton Brandon Baddock or Kelowna Tyrell Goulbourne would be a dream to have on our team. Even Swift Current Tanner Lesann. If we are looking for young toughness look no further than Carter Folk & Steven Alldridge from Lethbridge.

Chandler Stephenson 20 – AHL BOUND.
    Morgan Klimchuk 19
    Sam Steel 16
    Connor Gay 19
    Dryden Hunt 19
    Luc Smith 16
    Rykr Cole 17
    Adam Brooks 18
    Braden Christoffer 20
    Austin Wagner 17
    Jacob Elmer 16
    Colton Kroeker 17
    Max Kammerer 18
    Rylee Zimmer 17
    Jared McAmmond 17 - REASSIGNED
    Kyle Westeringh 17 - REASSIGNED
    Patrick D’Amico 20 – RELEASED/TRADED
    Logan McVeigh 18 - TRADED/RE-ASSIGNED
    Darcy DeRoose 19 - REASSIGNED
    Dane Schioler 18 – REASSIGNED
    I expect Lethbridge will go with Robidoux and Skinner so they won't have any need for a 20 yr old tender. I do think that Wardley could be had. McVeigh for Wardley?… It would be nice.I doubt Baddock or Goulborne could be had but never say never.

Either Folk or Alldridge could do a job but Lethbridge acquired them for the same reason we would want them. Lethbridge has three returning guys with 100 pims or more and about four more if count Erkamps who are at 80-90 pims. They will have a big tough team looking after the Wong's and White's. They committed to getting bigger and did so. They have some outstanding young talent coming next season. As I've said before Cooke can fill the role we need and play some hockey as well. Cooke and Wardley would be nice.

Iconwhl

If he's willing to drop the mitts, protect this team, and produce abit, he's a welcome addition.

I miss the seasons when he had a legit enforcer, Freadrich, Kaczkowka, Orr, Stoesz... and Churchman.
    oh god Churchman god he was a gem lol guy couldn't skate worth crap but he loved to drop the mitts even though he wasn't very good at it... I remember that playoff year we faced the Blades in 1st rd god did Darcy Hordichuk tool him a few times the playoff and during the season

If he's willing to drop the mitts, protect this team, and produce abit, he's a welcome addition.

I miss the seasons when he had a legit enforcer, Freadrich, Kaczkowka, Orr, Stoesz... and Churchman.
    At this point we have zero on-ice presence. IMO they have no choice but keep DeRoose. With the right moves maybe we could have Christopher, DeRoose, trade for Wardley + either Cook or Baddock. With that group of 4 we would be fine. Fantasy maybe I guess

Baddock would be a goodpick up
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Iconwhl

Quote Originally Posted by sbtatter View Post
    Baddock would be a goodpick up
    How was Brandon's training camp?
    any surprise players?

I seen on the WHL site that Brandon has only 1 right handed Dman and its a guy who played on PG last season, is that a concern for the WKs moving forward? we have 4 right handed Dmen and us fans are fine with moving Williams it seems lol

Is all 3 euros at camp? My guess would be Nejezchleb will be playing pro hockey be it in NA or over sea's some place

Krushen likely has an extended stay only because Burroughs will be going to his NHL camp, and they want to have an extra guy available. He earned the extra time but he will likely be reassigned, with Hilsendager holding onto the 7th D. Barring a trade I think the D out of camp is decided, though I think we could benefit with having a reliable veteran back there. Some legit question marks on the euro, Williams anchoring his own pair, Schacher, etc. Maybe an overager, someone similar to Zgraggen last year.

And I think Elmer might need some time to develop, build some muscle and be a big fish in a small pond in a real AAA midget league. Can always call him up if he is excelling anyways. Steel is Steel and Smith can already be an asset with his size, and needs seasoning. Besides, we have enough rookies and have to give them all ice, or one of them at this rate will be squeezed between the cracks.

It has been a long time since the Pats have had too many talented rookies. And we will have the same problem next year. Looks like the new ownership bought in at just the right time. As said here, many times by many posters "Chad Lang and the scouting staff really changed the team talent level. Looking forward to the next 3 or 4 seasons.

SAJ makes an interesting point regarding D and our euro d-man but I think he may be ok. The euro I am more concerned about is Kammerer. Some are high on him but I'm no more impressed than last year. Coming out of camp and the pre-season he was our best player. He was our leading scorer and looked like a million bucks, then comes the real season. He was ineffective and worked himself down in the lineup. He is doing something similar this year but I want to see how it goes in regular season. I want to see results!

Your right, I remember Kammerer doing really well in scrimmages and the preseason last year. Once the season started, he was invisible. Could Malcolm be part to blame? 4th line, 5 mins a game wont produce you much points. Regardlesss, he's gonna have to step it up or he could see himself off this team.

Max played 4th line minutes give him a chance young kid in a new country. I think paddock is going to mix old with a little youth, I would be surprised if it's a full youth movement. Moose Jaw isn't going to be much better then last year, now that's a small team and there big dmen are slooooow.