Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW PATS ROSTER OUTLOOK

Iconwhl

Kammerer started off playing 2nd line last year he was given every chance to show he could maybe produce but failed. He took a long time adapting to the North American game that's not coaching a fault that's on the player.

I still don't think he has what it takes even in preseason and scrimmages he get in a 1on1 situation and he just takes a Lon shot on net instead of trying to beat a guy wide or putting a move on a player. It wouldn't hurt my feelings at all if we sent him home cause he won't so much anyways. 10goals isn't enough for a euro

Well if Kammerer doesn't produce and he doesn't stick here... Calgary has three Euro's, including 20 year old Padakin.

Iconwhl

I thought I read that Padakin signed a KHL deal before Sinitsyn signed

OK nevermind he did sign with a team in the KHL but the team he signed with had their Arena burnt down by rebels and he has since returned to the Hitmen

http://www.calgaryherald.com/sports/...870/story.html
    Last edited by patsdude114; 09-05-2014 at 03:34 PM.

It appears that Edmonton could be in the same boat. If Lars Eller returns and many think he might, the Oil Kings would have four overages. The article I read said that Edgars Kulda might be the odd man out being 20 and a euro. Not a bad pick up there.

Padakin is also interesting in two ways 1- he's a pretty good player 2 - he's a Russian which could assist the integration our our young d-man Zabrovsky. Just food for thought.

Why pick up a 20 yr old euro when everyone wants to get younger. Stay the course with an 18yr old max. Paddock likes veterans and winning he's going to play the team that has the best chance to win.

Iconwhl

And McAuley gets light up again by Brandon this time 5 goals on 14 shots

Quote Originally Posted by patsdude114 View Post
    And McAuley gets light up again by Brandon this time 5 goals on 14 shots
    The more things change, the more they stay the same! I think he sealed his fate tonight. You need better goaltending than that from a 20 year old. It's beginning to look more like Wapple and Fuhr, although that's not the ideal setup with both being 19 years old.

It would appear that overall it was a pretty close game with the exception of a 5 minute span in the 3rd.

Iconwhl

I have zero problems with us going with (2) 19yr old goalies, there is zero need to go trade for a 18yr old as we have 2 younger goalies waiting in the wings for next year although IMO that job is already Hollett's as he out played Chapman this year already and expect the same for next year too

Quote Originally Posted by chopper View Post
    It appears that Edmonton could be in the same boat. If Lars Eller returns and many think he might, the Oil Kings would have four overages.
    I don't think he is eligible to play in the WHL anymore, but his brother Mads might be.

Quote Originally Posted by SectionNDeserter View Post
    I don't think he is eligible to play in the WHL anymore, but his brother Mads might be.
    Yup……….. Right now Edmonton has three euros as well. With Marsel Ibraginov on the scene, one has to go. It would be easier to move Eller (Mads) than it would be Kulda who won't bring back true market value being a two headed asset.