Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Blades trade Scherbak to Everett...

Quote Originally Posted by curwie View Post
    On a side note, Sawyer Lang is a terrific hockey player. Very nice to watch him even though he wears the wrong colors.

Any speculation on potential future Blade d men Trav?
    I agree . One of the most under rated dmen in the league. Playing in Morrissey's shadow. I sure hope the Raiders don't trade him. But the Raiders are very deep on the backend . Hart, Conroy , and Brooks are all very popular with the brass as well tho.

Not to nitpick your post but Higson is a leftie.
    Blades site has him as right! If he is left, think they would be better at having accurate info on team site.

As for trades........love to see them use some picks on a stud forward &/or dman. Like them to get 17-18 yr old that will be around for awhile. Not many teams willing to give up on these kind of guys. Or tough it out this yr, give young guys experience. Don't want to see wasting picks on guys not here for more than 1-2 yrs. 2 yrs from now, this team should be back near the top of the conf with the young guys they have. Can see them going a getting a 20 yr old dman.

Quote Originally Posted by BigCat20 View Post
    Blades site has him as right! If he is left, think they would be better at having accurate info on team site.

As for trades........love to see them use some picks on a stud forward &/or dman. Like them to get 17-18 yr old that will be around for awhile. Not many teams willing to give up on these kind of guys. Or tough it out this yr, give young guys experience. Don't want to see wasting picks on guys not here for more than 1-2 yrs. 2 yrs from now, this team should be back near the top of the conf with the young guys they have. Can see them going a getting a 20 yr old dman.
    Hahaha not surprised about the Blades site having him listed wrong. The new communications guy has been terrific with the Bladestv stuff and lots of videos, but has dropped the ball a few times in terms of not posting cuts (twice that happened) not updating the 50 players in the system, etc.

Hahaha not surprised about the Blades site having him listed wrong. The new communications guy has been terrific with the Bladestv stuff and lots of videos, but has dropped the ball a few times in terms of not posting cuts (twice that happened) not updating the 50 players in the system, etc.
    I've tweeted to the Blades about the outdated "In the system" section. They say that they will have it updated soon. Could be their waiting for all the trades to take place. Hopefully it'll be updated soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Trav View Post
    I've tweeted to the Blades about the outdated "In the system" section. They say that they will have it updated soon. Could be their waiting for all the trades to take place. Hopefully it'll be updated soon.
    I saw that. Truthfully I love the new information being provided. Just don't want them to ignore us hard core folk who like to be updated right away regarding roster cuts, and moves etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Sttop View Post
    I agree . One of the most under rated dmen in the league. Playing in Morrissey's shadow. I sure hope the Raiders don't trade him. But the Raiders are very deep on the backend . Hart, Conroy , and Brooks are all very popular with the brass as well tho.
    Hart was scratched both games wasn't he?

Hart was scratched both games wasn't he?
    Yup...missed all of camp and the pre-season (and a shot at an NHL camp invite) as well, re-habbing an injury...could be ready for this Saturday's game. We'll see if his red no-contact jersey comes off in practice this week. He has a long way to go in 3 weeks to bump Brooks out of a spot...Conroy should be looking over his shoulder.

Not sure that Lange would be moved unless a 20yo upgrade could be found elsewhere, thereby making him expendable.

-Wapitikev
    Last edited by Wapitikev; 09-23-2014 at 01:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trav View Post
    It will painful but I can live with it. There's more deals to be made though. There's other veterans that should b releases or traded, including Forsberg whose been non existent. Waste of a spot of you ask me. Thomson wasn't very good last game
    Agree regarding Forsberg. They should have moved the likes of Gomerich to PG instead of Hopkins. I loved Hopkins in last years camp and the games he played last year. He was quick and fun to watch. Hopkins scored a goal in PG's first game, Forsberg nothing in two games. We are stuck with Forsberg now, hopefully they can rekindle the kids passion to play.

Anyone know what the scoop is for defense? Are all the cuts done? Are the remaining D what the Blades are going forward with?

Well from what I saw on the website and Facebook....., Nogier is back, Reid got sent down and Hnidy got released..., apart from that I don't know!!!!!!!!!!!!