Thread: Burroughs

Hybrid View

Default Burroughs

From Phil's blog
    Regina Pats captain Kyle Burroughs has been re-assigned to the team by the New York Islanders. Burroughs is entering is 19 year old season with the Pats and his second year as the teams captain.

Kyle put up career highs last season with 8 goals, 40 points and was a plus 14 in 58 games played. For his WHL career he has 85 points and is a plus 13.

Burroughs was selected int he 7th round by New York in the 2013 NHL Entry Draft.

This will help for the week-end

Iconwhl

any help on our backend is needed as lets face it Hansen looks worse on defense then he does at forward.

I would expect to see someone released/reassigned/traded after this weekends slate of games..... any thoughts on who this may be? We got 15 forwards with the team right now & (4) are 20yr olds

Hansen??
    McVeigh??
    D'Amico??

or maybe a possible trade of a younger guy who they would normally reassign just to recoup a pick?
    these are my opinions like them or hate them I really don't care

newly created blog by yours truly
    http://patsdudewhl.blogspot.ca/

After last game my vote would be for Christoffer.

I just don't think that McVeigh has done enough to stick around. the fact that Hansen was playing defence shows that they don't see a role for him at forward. I would hate to see Hansen take ice time away from Hilsendanger or Krushen.

In my mind, the bubble guys up front are Hansen, Kroeker, Zimmer, and Cole. I can't see Hansen staying and being happy to be scratched to get the younger guys ice time.

I haven't really seen Kroeker to have an opinion. But, I like Cole and Zimmer needs more ice time than what he got last year to show any development.

Hansen will move to forward for the week-end and play one game, The 2 I see reassigned are Hansen and McVeigh.

Lethbridge just picked up Zane Jones who is a real good player from Everett. It might suggest that either Bell or Walters may be had in a trade. Bell is hometown guy who might look good in a Pats uni. ??
    Last edited by chopper; 09-24-2014 at 01:20 PM. Reason: type-o

Iconwhl

Quote Originally Posted by chopper View Post
    Lethbridge just picked up Zane Jones who is a real good player from Everett. It might suggest that either Bell or Walters may be had in a trade. Bell is hometown guy who might look good in a Pats uni. ??
    I had thought that exact same thing about Bell...... He brings a hard nosed game something we don't have on the back end and he would be an upgrade over McVeigh and D'Amico.

As for Christoffer he is a lock on the roster, you don't get an NHL invite for doing nothing. He brings what we lack and that's a physical presence and has some toughness to him even at 5'10. He took some bad penalties everyone agrees and himself as well but he has to play like that to be effective
    these are my opinions like them or hate them I really don't care

newly created blog by yours truly
    http://patsdudewhl.blogspot.ca/

Default PAST Deals in WORKS

Trade Talk & Deals:

All Teams have needs and see different things in every player!

20's- no one realistically safe at this point with the new trade brought in yesterday. This changes things big time 2...... SPOTTER!
    Christopher
    McVeigh
    Damico

Overview:
    19- Hansen possible move/deal or reassigned.
    18- Brooks possible move/deal or reassigned and I'm sure he wants out of Regina.
    17- Kroaker will be reassigned.
    16- Smith will be reassigned.

Defence: To early right now....but need more size and hitters that play to punish guys and this will be addressed shortly.

In the Pipes: Could see movement per age bracket if the right deal and need is their but would be in late December as most goalies are always good on paper but games tell the report card.

The Pats 17 year olds pool will be of........ interest to many teams that strategically rebuild and develop per plan and process!

Quote Originally Posted by patsdude114 View Post
    any help on our backend is needed as lets face it Hansen looks worse on defense then he does at forward.

I would expect to see someone released/reassigned/traded after this weekends slate of games..... any thoughts on who this may be? We got 15 forwards with the team right now & (4) are 20yr olds

Hansen??
    McVeigh??
    D'Amico??

or maybe a possible trade of a younger guy who they would normally reassign just to recoup a pick?
    Although Stephenson is still on the roster, I think we should just take him out of consideration as he will be in Hershey this year so that leaves (4) 20 year olds. (Christoffer, McVeigh, D'Amico, Padakin). Does Padakin (a 20 year old Import) count as both an overage and import? Or just one or the other? If Padakin is used only as an import, that leaves an extra 20 yr old spot and I'd say they are all safe for now and that Hansen is shipped out soon but we still look for creative ways to land a D-Man. If Padakin is taking up an import an overage spot then I think McVeigh also shipped out and that D'Amico who plays a more complete game stays - leaving Christoffer, D'Amico and Padakin as our 20 years olds.

If I was in charge, McVeigh and/or Hansen would be shipped out before any one of our 17 year olds. I don't like reassigning any one of our 17 year olds because they are all WHL quality players in my mind - McAmmond and Cole definitely belong is this league from what I've seen. If Zimmer gets an opportunity I think he may surprise some people as well but unfortunately he may be the first 17 year old forward to go if it comes to that.

Did you guys see Padakin's Teddy Bear goal? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikZejnU0uEY
    Last edited by crashnbang; 10-14-2014 at 09:29 PM. Reason: spelling