Thread: Blades acquire Sam McKechnie for a cond. 6th

Default Blades acquire Sam McKechnie for a cond. 6th

http://m.saskatoonblades.com/article...-sam-mckechnie

If he regains his form from 2012 then not a bad deal

Iconwhl

The Blades are starting to look like the Pats the 1st year Lang was the GM as he brought in many castoffs from other teams to try and change the culture within the franchise.

How many castoffs is that this year already? 6? Mckechnie Schacher Forsberg Uhrich Mappin Herringer & to some degree Amundrud as he was the odd man out in EVT

Hopefully all these moves pay off for the Blades but then again maybe not since im a Pats fan and seeing the Blades fail is always lovely
    these are my opinions like them or hate them I really don't care

newly created blog by yours truly
    http://patsdudewhl.blogspot.ca/

Patdude I think when a team only win 16 games the year before you try anything you can to improve the team even if it comes via trades. That doesn't make the players castoffs. Trades are made because teams think they are improving their team in their eyes .If that's not the case I hope your new castoff from Calgary works out for you this year to.

Iconwhl

there is a huge difference in terms of the trades at hand your talking about a conditional 6th round pick which means there are conditions tied to the trade which shows Seattle is just happy to get something for him instead of releasing him and getting nothing for him. Where Calgary actually gets a draft pick worth while with no conditions tied to it due to the difference in skill level and a player who wasn't expected back in the WHL since he did sign a pro deal in the KHL but the team he signed with has been suspended for league play this year due to the war in the Ukraine

Looks like all those castoffs are helping with getting wins or keeping you in games.... must really hurt to lose to such a weak MJ team 7-1

Quote Originally Posted by patsdude114 View Post
    there is a huge difference in terms of the trades at hand your talking about a conditional 6th round pick which means there are conditions tied to the trade which shows Seattle is just happy to get something for him instead of releasing him and getting nothing for him. Where Calgary actually gets a draft pick worth while with no conditions tied to it due to the difference in skill level and a player who wasn't expected back in the WHL since he did sign a pro deal in the KHL but the team he signed with has been suspended for league play this year due to the war in the Ukraine

Looks like all those castoffs are helping with getting wins or keeping you in games.... must really hurt to lose to such a weak MJ team 7-1
    LMAO, so salty. You're an idiot and know jack **** about hockey. Stop acting like you're a genius and try learning something about the game.

So your saying that because the Blades gave up a conditional pick for McKechnie, he's a cast off? and because ur Pats gave up a "real pick" for Padakin, he's not? Both the Hitmen and Thunderbirds had a surplus of 20's which was why both players were traded.

I guess if we went with ur definition of a cast off, most of the other players the Blades have acquired since last year were acquired for "real" picks or prospects so they wouldn't be considered castoffs, rite?
    Last edited by Trav; 09-27-2014 at 11:51 PM.

Iconwhl

hahaa am I talking about last year trav? nope don't think I am... People can bash Mollenken all they want but he made some really good trades for the Blades last year... Woods has made 1 good trade so far as who knows if Scherbek will even be back (which im sure he will but at least he gets a quality goalie prospect)

hahaa am I talking about last year trav? nope don't think I am... People can bash Mollenken all they want but he made some really good trades for the Blades last year... Woods has made 1 good trade so far as who knows if Scherbek will even be back (which im sure he will but at least he gets a quality goalie prospect)

Who said anything about Molleken?

Lol, its just funny who u label as a cast off and who isn't one. Blades acquire Uhrich for a 4th, in your view he's a cast off. Padakin acquired by Regina for a pick but in your opinion, not a cast off.

Iconwhl

Uhrich is prob the only guy in the list of players I gave who shouldn't be in there the rest sure in hell deserve to be there and don't kid yourself trav lol

There's another one off patsdudes list ... mappin reasigned