Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: 2 road games (MJ & PA)

Iconwhl

About the Smith hit first....... Of course Paddock was upset by the call as it was a 5min major & game misconduct on a borderline hit. At most should of be 2mins, as it was the 2 refs were in over their head Watt has never been good IMO and this Campbell ref I don't think was up to speed yet either. They both missed the high cross check Brown have to Smith after the big hit but yet figured the hit itself was worth 5 & a game....... No further comment as something never change.

As for the fights from my seat with mjw22 I couldn't see much of the Cole fight due to the big scrum and it being on the other side of the ice from where I sat. As for the Hilsendager fight he def held his own against a very experienced fighter in Yakowbowski (sure I spelt that wrong) every game I watch Hilsendager I like him more and more he is turning into a real gem which is very rare considering what round he was picked in if I recall without looking he was a 10th or 11th round pick, most never see a single game let alone excel in this league.

Really hope Burroughs is alright he didn't look like he knew where he was IMO most definitely another concussion and that's only based on watching him struggle to his feet and fall back down after. As for Hansen this could mean well or him as he gets to stick around alittle more as a defensive replacement as I really feel he will be the odd man out the young forwards bring more then he does IMO.
    these are my opinions like them or hate them I really don't care

newly created blog by yours truly
    http://patsdudewhl.blogspot.ca/

Paddock is pretty stoic about the game but was a little hot over the failure to see the high cross check. The MJ broadcasters seen this but 4 sets of eyes didn't. Smith received an injury and left the ice right away so I think he got cut at least. Smith won't forget.

From the Pats Twitter....

The Pats have reassigned defenceman Ryan Krushen ('98).

Iconwhl

Quote Originally Posted by nivek_wahs View Post
    From the Pats Twitter....

The Pats have reassigned defenceman Ryan Krushen ('98).
    That's prob best for his development, I'm not a huge fan of 16yr old Dmen riding the pine lots. With defensemen it's more trial by error and they need to be on the ice more then a forward when it comes to development.

Is Mortlach still with the team or did they just send him back as well? I have attended 2 practices and don't recall seeing anyone on the ice without a number in the helmet or a number that I didn't recognize.

Also Nivek have you heard any word on Burroughs?

Iconwhl

Quote Originally Posted by chopper View Post
    Paddock is pretty stoic about the game but was a little hot over the failure to see the high cross check. The MJ broadcasters seen this but 4 sets of eyes didn't. Smith received an injury and left the ice right away so I think he got cut at least. Smith won't forget.
    Chopper I was pretty sure that's why paddock was so hot last night after all that happened as the cross check went unnoticed and that by far was the dirtiest shot of the whole play. No way Smith should of gotten a 5 on that play that was a call based on a big hit by 2 inexperienced refs

That's 2 game misconducts for Smith in 3 games and I can't understand why Smith and Kitt were given game misconducts for their fight either lol Smith has been on the bad side of 2 phantom calls now and risking suspension for the remaining of the year for each game misconduct he receives after the 3rd and were 3 bloody games in.......

^i could be mistaken but if I recall from the rules after 3 game misconducts you get a 1 game suspension and every one after that is another game. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong maybe I'm dreaming I read this rule somewhere
    Last edited by patsdude114; 09-27-2014 at 01:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by patsdude114 View Post
    That's prob best for his development, I'm not a huge fan of 16yr old Dmen riding the pine lots. With defensemen it's more trial by error and they need to be on the ice more then a forward when it comes to development.

Is Mortlach still with the team or did they just send him back as well? I have attended 2 practices and don't recall seeing anyone on the ice without a number in the helmet or a number that I didn't recognize.

Also Nivek have you heard any word on Burroughs?
    Mortlock was reassigned as he's still recovering from his injury.

No definitive word on Burroughs, but Greg Harder had this on his blog....

Meanwhile, Krushen’s departure presumably means that F/D Carter Hansen, who was scratched on Friday, will be seeing more action on the back end. The status of captain Kyle Burroughs is up in the air after suffering an apparent concussion Friday night when he was sent flying into the boards by Moose Jaw’s Linden Penner. Burroughs reported that he was feeling fine after the game but he will need to go through league-mandated concussion protocol.

Iconwhl

Quote Originally Posted by nivek_wahs View Post
    Mortlock was reassigned as he's still recovering from his injury.

No definitive word on Burroughs, but Greg Harder had this on his blog....

Meanwhile, Krushen’s departure presumably means that F/D Carter Hansen, who was scratched on Friday, will be seeing more action on the back end. The status of captain Kyle Burroughs is up in the air after suffering an apparent concussion Friday night when he was sent flying into the boards by Moose Jaw’s Linden Penner. Burroughs reported that he was feeling fine after the game but he will need to go through league-mandated concussion protocol.
    Thanks for that Nivek on both counts I must of missed the Mortlock reassignment.

Quote Originally Posted by patsdude114
    Chopper I was pretty sure that's why paddock was so hot last night after all that happened as the cross check went unnoticed and that by far was the dirtiest shot of the whole play. No way Smith should of gotten a 5 on that play that was a call based on a big hit by 2 inexperienced refs
    The Pats announcers thought that the Smith hit was a bad one. They seemed to agree that his feet left the ice when he hit the Warrior player. They mentioned the aftermath but there wasn't much of a comment about the shot Smith took.

Quote Originally Posted by patsdude114
    That's 2 game misconducts for Smith in 3 games and I can't understand why Smith and Kitt were given game misconducts for their fight either lol Smith has been on the bad side of 2 phantom calls now and risking suspension for the remaining of the year for each game misconduct he receives after the 3rd and were 3 bloody games in.......

^i could be mistaken but if I recall from the rules after 3 game misconducts you get a 1 game suspension and every one after that is another game. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong maybe I'm dreaming I read this rule somewhere
    I was surprised about his first game misconduct. I'm wondering if the WHL has adopted the rule from the OHL about staged fights and maybe the officials thought it was a staged fight? I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by OHL Rule Changes
    The OHL will be augmenting the current staged fight rule whereby players receive an automatic game misconduct for a fight occurring immediately following the drop of the puck at the commencement of a period or game. Such rule has been expanded so as to include a fight which occurs immediately following any faceoff during the game. Should a staged fight occur, the player(s) involved shall each receive a game misconduct in addition to the major penalty and any other penalties assessed.

Quote Originally Posted by patsdude114 View Post
    Thanks for that Nivek on both counts I must of missed the Mortlock reassignment.
    It was on a Pats Chat or one of those things. No press release or anything like that.

Dod Smith and Kitt take their lids off to get a game each?
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.