Thread: Pats 20 Year Olds & Deals in Making for October

Default Pats 20 Year Olds & Deals in Making for October

Does anyone know what's up with the October deadline approaching?

I figure there is likely a few deals configured ....but time starting to run out!

Is Fuhr done or traded in a deal?

Info on Pats website.

I would look for a trade happening tomorrow for a 20 yr old dman.

Iconwhl

no surprise to see McVeigh being placed on waivers the guy has no value at all he just plays to damn soft (and that's putting it lightly)

As for seeing us getting a 20yr old Dman I don't see it happening tomorrow that's forsure. Our defense hasn't really hurt us this year, our lack of top end talent up front has hurt us especially a true #1 center.... As much as I like Kroeker he is not where he needs to be in terms of skill level yet to be playing 1st line center, Steel is one of the top 16yr olds in the league but still not ready for the every day grind of being the teams #1 center.

I haven't been happy with Padakin's presence (or lack there of) since coming from CGY it really makes you think that he was just a player benefitting from being on a top team and having others around him making him look better then he actually is..... 3rd round pick hmmm is really looking like a HUGE overpayment. Maybe he starts to look better once Klimchuk returns but again that will be an elite player complimenting his lesser skills.

Right now I feel like Gay is being under used and Christoffer is being over used.....
    these are my opinions like them or hate them I really don't care

newly created blog by yours truly
    http://patsdudewhl.blogspot.ca/

I thought padikin had his best game of the year the other nite, he'll only get better. Christopher looks good and gay I feel is Mia, really has done squat. Kroeker looks better every game but yes isn't a #1 centre. This team can play with anyone but needs a bigger dman. I think Hansen looks better then Reagan.

Quote Originally Posted by patsdude114 View Post
    no surprise to see McVeigh being placed on waivers the guy has no value at all he just plays to damn soft (and that's putting it lightly)

As for seeing us getting a 20yr old Dman I don't see it happening tomorrow that's forsure. Our defense hasn't really hurt us this year, our lack of top end talent up front has hurt us especially a true #1 center.... As much as I like Kroeker he is not where he needs to be in terms of skill level yet to be playing 1st line center, Steel is one of the top 16yr olds in the league but still not ready for the every day grind of being the teams #1 center.

I haven't been happy with Padakin's presence (or lack there of) since coming from CGY it really makes you think that he was just a player benefitting from being on a top team and having others around him making him look better then he actually is..... 3rd round pick hmmm is really looking like a HUGE overpayment. Maybe he starts to look better once Klimchuk returns but again that will be an elite player complimenting his lesser skills.

Right now I feel like Gay is being under used and Christoffer is being over used.....
    I've said McVeigh was a goner since I seen D'Amico play his first couple games this season so indeed not surprised. If you ask me, Hansen or Zimmer are the next in line to go, however if a Klimchuck trade happens first for draft picks or future prospects another move may not be necessary right now as that would bring the roster down to 23.

Our D was brutal the last couple games if you ask me - backing in on our goalie, let guys get open behind them, letting players split both D-men. Some of this is due to our forwards not doing their part but I can't say our D played well lately other than Colby Williams has looked good. Even Burroughs hasn't done well.

Yes it's obvious need some more offence up front and Klimchuk can bring some if he's not traded sooner than later and if he is, well scoring goals isn't going to be our strength this year - don't forget how many goals Stevenson, Leier, Stephenson and Sinitsyn provided last year - you just don't replace that kind of production over night. I think Steel will ultimately be our #1 Center this year, Kroeker isn't ready for a top 6 role but its not from a lack of talent just a different pace and his physical strength shows a little. Do we have any wingers familiar with Center other than Cole who's currently playing 4th line, why not see what he's got when paired with some talent? If not then I wouldn't mind seeing Cole and McAmmond with a Centre that can keep up at this level because it is evident that Smith can't, Cole and McAmmond doing great on the PK just need a Centre Man that can get them the puck at even strength. If leaving the 4th line in tact, then maybe Cole would be better at Centre and move Smith to the wing as center involves more responsibility than Smith is ready for?

Have you seen anyone with more breakaways than Wagner this season? If he could score on 25% of them he would lead the league in goals, let's hope he can find some finish.

I haven't been very impressed with Padakin either but let's give him a little more time to settle in, he isn't flashy but I have seen him make some smart plays in the offensive zone. He needs to step it up. Did you notice Sinitsyn was cut by his KHL team? What a bonus it would be to get him back but doubtful that will happen.

I don't think Gay is getting the short of end of the stick by any means, I think Christoffer has played well and will continue to do well but as others improve and develop his ice time will go down slightly but not much. He provides energy and that is something the top end of our line-up or the line-up as a whole doesn't have a pile of.
    Last edited by crashnbang; 10-15-2014 at 09:14 AM. Reason: spelling

Just a rumor right now but supposedly a deal in the works moving Klimchuk to Seattle for Ethan Bear and a 1st or 2nd round pick... I don't think we will do much better and should do the deal if we get a chance but rumors are just rumors.