Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 2 road games (MJ & PA)

Iconwhl 2 road games (MJ & PA)

here is a thread for talk about/on the weekend slate of games against MJ & PA... I know there are a few of us who watch on webcast and im sure a few will be going to MJ tonight as well (myself included).

Be interesting to see this weekend which 20yr olds play in both games (which im 100% sure Padakin will be) &/or if there is possibly 1 who doesn't play at all...

Does Fuhr get into a game early and start one of these games this weekend? Im thinking he starts in PA

See if our defensive play improves with captain Burroughs back out there
    these are my opinions like them or hate them I really don't care

newly created blog by yours truly
    http://patsdudewhl.blogspot.ca/

Quote Originally Posted by patsdude114 View Post
    here is a thread for talk about/on the weekend slate of games against MJ & PA... I know there are a few of us who watch on webcast and im sure a few will be going to MJ tonight as well (myself included).

Be interesting to see this weekend which 20yr olds play in both games (which im 100% sure Padakin will be) &/or if there is possibly 1 who doesn't play at all...

Does Fuhr get into a game early and start one of these games this weekend? Im thinking he starts in PA

See if our defensive play improves with captain Burroughs back out there
    Both teams have had significant players returned since they played pre season games in bdn. Regina looked a lot bigger and faster and better than MJ in Bdn, so would expect regina to roll over the warriors. Haven't seen the Raiders yet so can't comment. If you win in MJ, then likely start Fuhr against PA makes sense, Padakin and Steel should be an interesting combo at some point in these games, not sure who will be the 3rd guy on that line?
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

All good points! This game worries me a little mainly because of our dominance last year. I think these guys will be seething in wait. I really don't know what they have but they will be fiesty. With Yakubowski, Cooke, and Eberle they will be quite gritty.

I guess Eberle is not back yet but as soon as he is Cooke will be dealt. They will still have an interesting team. Point and Rodewald will lead the way offensively but I don't know about their depth. These games are always tough. Drop the puck…..

Iconwhl

For what it matters McVeigh is scratched tonight in Moose Jaw

Also Fuhr gets the start

For what it matters McVeigh is scratched tonight in Moose Jaw

Also Fuhr gets the start
    McVeigh is hurt.

Iconwhl

Quote Originally Posted by nivek_wahs View Post
    McVeigh is hurt.
    Did not know that..... Thanks...... What's he out with? Sore hand from his fight?

Burroughs did not look like he was all there after Penner light him up late in the 1st (was clean just Burroughs was that 2ft away from the boards)

Did not know that..... Thanks...... What's he out with? Sore hand from his fight?

Burroughs did not look like he was all there after Penner light him up late in the 1st (was clean just Burroughs was that 2ft away from the boards)
    From Greg Harder.....

In addition, rookie C Colton Kroeker is slated to make his WHL debut in place of C Logan McVeigh, who won’t play due to a knee injury. He’s day to day. That solves the team’s overage dilemma – for this weekend, anyway. With McVeigh out, Padakin, F Patrick D’Amico and F Braden Christoffer will serve as the team’s three 20-year-olds.

Iconwhl

Well I will say that thru 2 periods of play Kroeker hasn't looked out of place at all he has made a few really good plays.

Smith absolutely light up Valentine not sure if it was worth a 5mins major but was prob still worth a 2min minor for charging. Smith took a even more dirty cross check from Brown before the big crowd arrived.

From how it looked on the screen, Smith's hit was more of a big guy laying out a good hard hit. He didn't appear to take too many strides and he didn't leave his feet. Paddock was talking with the ref and he wasn't happy.

Geez Burroughs always finds a way to get hurt on these plays. Hope it's not too much and he's back quick. The rest of the guys seemed to pull together. Maybe those suggesting the presence of an extra d-man might be on point.

Loved seeing Hilsendager drop the mitts against a 20 year old. I do expect it's going to be tougher tomorrow night in PA. I noticed Hanson didn't dress for us tonight for whatever reasons.

How did the fights go? hockey fights isn't doing squat this year, it seems.