Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: 2 road games (MJ & PA)

I think I want to wait and see what Paddock does with the players he's been provided with over the course of the season(s) Last year they had Wagner, Zimmer, Reagan, Kammerer and Sinitsyn who were all rookies. Probably three shouldn't have played in the WHL.

Zimmer and Wagner were not ready but sill played a fair bit. Neither did anything to earn more ice time. Kammerer was an import they were stuck with as was Sinitsyn. Regan was here because he was our top draft pick of 2012.

Because of the horrid 2011 draft there was nothing in the cupboard of 96ers. Brooks was bad, Schoiler and Ortynski played Tier2. Gtiffin Mumby, wherever he is, was a tweener. We had NOTHING else. Hence Wagner and Zimmer got to play. They weren't Sam Steel

Conisdering how little he had to work with depth wise, I think Cameron did a pretty fine job and I'm not ready to throw him under the bus yet. He has won a Division Pennent, Paddock has yet to prove anything in the WHL. Maybe he will one day. Time will tell.

It wash't the young guys that were our downfall last season, it was a group of vets who didn't perform including Leier who did little in the 2nd half. Add in a couple of catastrophic injuries late, we were ripe for the plucking. There's always more Looking a bit deeper.

Paddock has them playing a pro style game, up temp with a strong emphasis on defence. We play a "speedy trap" type game which will be tough to handle for some teams. You have to like how things are going so far. Lets hope we get the injury bug done early.

People can certainly think whatever they want to, all they want to, but something that's incorrect is still wrong even if its a personal opinion.

Its subjective to say someone likes or hates what people see as 'staged fights', but the truth is a fight is a fight is a fight. Like them or not, if you ban one type, soon they'll all be gone. This dumb helmet rule they apparently have is one way to 'ban' fighting without 'banning fighting', and thinking they will stop changing rules on the subject, considering how hard they work to get to this point, is just illogical, even if its your opinion.

Eventually fighting will be gone, and because they are so gradual with changes, it will be because the owners have fooled their fan bases into thinking they all the sudden don't like fights anymore.

Its an optimistic start to the season. Win or lose within reason, things are going as planned as long as they keep making adjustments and the young players are developing, which is sort of the point of a rebuilding team, and frankly the league itself(although a lot of the time we don't see it).

Id still like to see us get a young goalie who can play on the roster as backup. I like Fuhr, but if we are rebuilding everywhere else, why not there...

Maybe a product of the seemingly eventual Klimchuk trade...

Iconwhl

Quote Originally Posted by Some_Arrogant_Jerk View Post
    People can certainly think whatever they want to, all they want to, but something that's incorrect is still wrong even if its a personal opinion.

Its subjective to say someone likes or hates what people see as 'staged fights', but the truth is a fight is a fight is a fight. Like them or not, if you ban one type, soon they'll all be gone. This dumb helmet rule they apparently have is one way to 'ban' fighting without 'banning fighting', and thinking they will stop changing rules on the subject, considering how hard they work to get to this point, is just illogical, even if its your opinion.

Eventually fighting will be gone, and because they are so gradual with changes, it will be because the owners have fooled their fan bases into thinking they all the sudden don't like fights anymore.
    I for one am all for the helmet rule especially in junior hockey. We have to remember these are still just kids they are not making money playing this game for us fans to watch. In the pros that's a different story no helmet is more then fine with me as it is I hate watching the NHL as its boring as f*ck anyways.

Im sure fighting will be banned in the junior game within 10yrs from a fan stand point it sucks and I hope it doesn't happen but in a more modest train of thought it makes sense as well. I know you don't agree with the modest train of thought as you are a paying consumer and want to be entertained but in the real world of concussions and how it can ruin lives it makes sense. A very small percentage of these kids will ever see pro hockey so that means they got to live within the rest of the world with every day jobs.
    these are my opinions like them or hate them I really don't care

newly created blog by yours truly
    http://patsdudewhl.blogspot.ca/

Its an optimistic start to the season. Win or lose within reason, things are going as planned as long as they keep making adjustments and the young players are developing, which is sort of the point of a rebuilding team, and frankly the league itself(although a lot of the time we don't see it).

Id still like to see us get a young goalie who can play on the roster as backup. I like Fuhr, but if we are rebuilding everywhere else, why not there...

I don't have a problem with the tandem they have but I see your point about the young goalie. I see PA is using 17 year old McBride and he looks pretty good. They are high on him and if we're in a rebuild mode maybe a young guy should be considered.

Right now both Wapple and Fuhr seem to be playing very well, and at this point would be a toss up. If they are committed to Wapple then perhaps Fuhr could be moved for a younger guy. Otherwise wait until deadline see where you are at and maybe move Wapple.

If we are not in the hunt for a playoff spot in the conference, there will be dealing moves at any rate. Logic would be if that were the case Klimchuk, Burroughs, and Wapple could be tradeable assets going forward. One never knows for sure.

If by a twist of fate and the got Stephenson back, our trade options could get even better. Interesting season this will be.

Quote Originally Posted by chopper View Post
    I don't have a problem with the tandem they have but I see your point about the young goalie. I see PA is using 17 year old McBride and he looks pretty good. They are high on him and if we're in a rebuild mode maybe a young guy should be considered.

Right now both Wapple and Fuhr seem to be playing very well, and at this point would be a toss up. If they are committed to Wapple then perhaps Fuhr could be moved for a younger guy. Otherwise wait until deadline see where you are at and maybe move Wapple.

If we are not in the hunt for a playoff spot in the conference, there will be dealing moves at any rate. Logic would be if that were the case Klimchuk, Burroughs, and Wapple could be tradeable assets going forward. One never knows for sure.

If by a twist of fate and the got Stephenson back, our trade options could get even better. Interesting season this will be.
    Burroughs would be a good pick up for a team wanting an offensive d-man as an alternative to Morrissey, captain character as well, unless the Pats nose dive can't see them trading him
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

We don't need a young goalie this year as a backup, Hollett can come in next year and backup either Wapple or Fuhr and then the following year he will be the starter if all goes as planned.

Iconwhl

Quote Originally Posted by crashnbang View Post
    We don't need a young goalie this year as a backup, Hollett can come in next year and backup either Wapple or Fuhr and then the following year he will be the starter if all goes as planned.
    this is exactly what I have been thinking and have said a few times before as well... Hollett was the 2nd best goalie at camp and that's at age 15, this is the reason they had no reason to go with a younger backup as Hollett will be on the team next year and will back up either Fuhr or Wapple. Remember McBride took the starting job from the 20yr old Cheveldae last year, sure he faultered in the playoffs but who wouldn't against that EDM team

On the topic of trades, (Klimchuk, Wapple, Fuhr, Burroughs) if Hunt and Williams have a good season leading into the deadline they could also get a decent return. Just hope we dont get the "Parker" desease and don't pull the triger on some trades. I do think the current owners and Paddock are focused on the long term and we will see some selling at the deadline.

Iconwhl

Quote Originally Posted by RWAH View Post
    On the topic of trades, (Klimchuk, Wapple, Fuhr, Burroughs) if Hunt and Williams have a good season leading into the deadline they could also get a decent return. Just hope we dont get the "Parker" desease and don't pull the triger on some trades. I do think the current owners and Paddock are focused on the long term and we will see some selling at the deadline.
    As much as I agree with your final statement we still have to make sure we have quality 20yr olds next season or we will be trading to acquire some. As of right now we should have Williams Hunt Gay Wapple back as 20yr olds those 3 will make up a strong group without a doubt.